Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
13 Baby Names To Consider If You're Obsessed With 'Clueless'

The Endearing Reason Ashton Kutcher Is Constantly Changing Diapers

Do You Trust A Robot With Your Baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My 3-Year-Old Is A Breastfeeding Advocate
My 3-year-old is normalizing the normal, without even trying to, because this truly is her norm.

Mourning the Loss of Your Birth Experience
Do not be afraid to take the time to mourn the loss of the experience you anticipated. But in doing so, remember to celebrate the opportunity...

20 Things I Have Learned Since My Son Was Diagnosed With Autism
Sometimes, doctors know exactly what we need. Sometimes they don't. Either way, only go to a doctor who sees you as a valuable partner...

10 Things My Future Children Can Expect From Me
I'm 19, and am in no way planning on having kids any time soon (so you can breathe a sigh of relief, Mom). But I'm excited to meet you...

58 Things That Bring Me To Tears As A Mother
Age and life experience slowly chipped fissures into my icy façade. Then the knock-out blow, Motherhood, took my frozen blueberry heart...

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So, uh, does anybody have any idea what the hell any of this means?

quote:

Dear Friends and Family,

Let me start by saying this wasn't exactly planned, but that's not to say this isn't a perfectly wonderful surprise. I wanted to wait until I was sure -- I know you've probably looked at my Instagram posts over the past few weeks (which I know you are, even if you haven't been liking them, Carol) and thought, has she just been wearing all of her unflattering skirts, or what?!

But the day a woman offered me her seat on the subway, that’s when I knew! I knew it was time to share this with all of you.

I've got a yummy in my tummy. A bun in the oven. Except … it's a tortilla.

That's right: I've got a food baby. It's a burrito.

It feels so right to finally let the foil-wrapped secret out of the bag.

Before you ask, I’ll let you guys know it happened in the usual way. ;) (Ugh, sorry, TMI!) I mean, when I’m hungry, there’s no way I’m not getting the sour cream and the cheese and all of the salsas. Oh, corn too. A little more corn. That’s it.

You know what they say about food babies: “Guacamole is extra, is that OK?” And look how that extra paid off.

At this point, you're probably wondering where to send gifts to mark this special occasion, especially as I've been so generous with my artisanal Lazy Susans and handsewn Swedish children's toys from your collective registries in the past. In my condition (with burrito, as I like to say), I can only accept more Chipotle gift cards -- maybe some high-waisted pants, too, to maximize my subway seat-getting abilities. Just know that the existence of my next food baby rests in your hands. But nooo pressure, I mean it!

The food baby and I will not be taking visitors as we adjust to our life together, finally sitting down to watch the entirety of “Friends” this weekend and probably ordering in some takeout. I’m eating for two now!

Sincerely,

Me

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/12/food-baby-burrito_n_7569236.html

I've read it through three times now and it still doesn't make any sense to me.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
20 Things to Never Text an Extended Breastfeeding Mom

When the New "Cool" Becomes Getting Married and Having Kids

Is Co-Sleeping With My Baby Dangerous?

When You Share This Story, You Help Ensure A Child's Healthy Birth In Ethiopia

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

peanut posted:

Why I Let My Child Get Polio & 8 Ways It Has Been Even Better Than We Imagined

Does Breastfeeding Protect My Baby From Measles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

serious question, how many of these are real because I thought they were fake until I saw the last one which is definitely real

They're all real

• Locked thread