Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Yes, I Absolutely Do Eat My Babies Poop
And why you should too...

You Might Be Causing Permanent Damage To Your Kids If You Drink In Front Of Them
It's time this came to an end...

Smoking In The Delivery Room? It's More Plausible Than You Think
A woman's stress levels are very high during childbirth, therefore...

World Of Warcraft vs Bedtime Stories. Which Is Better For Your Child?
Daddy read me a story, "Sarah" implored. "Not tonight honey, daddy has to finish....

If You're Not Living The Same Way I Do You Are A Bad Parent
I live in a closet above a bowling alley, but guess what? My child eats only organic kale...

There Is Some Kind Of Nutrient Or Something In Some Random Expensive Vegetable Your Kid HAS To Have
Scientists have only recently become aware of the health properties of muahicayata, a 20$-per-ounce root only grown in the Andes...

In This Article I Seem Like A Wound-Up Control Freak, But Somehow I'm The Expert
I shook with fear as I dropped my son off at his daycare. How can I trust my child with people who call themselves "pretty laid-back"?...

A New Media Frenzy Over Something With Very Little Evidence It Actually Occurred
Reports have surfaced that some teens are doing "Vodka Salve", where a person's skin is flayed and the bare dermis soaked in vodka....

There's A New Way To Raise Kids That's Better Than The Way Every Kid Before Ever, Anywhere, Was Raised And By Not Following It You Will Be Condemned By Your Peers
Open-Conflict Interparenting Cohesion, or OCIC, is changing the way parents everywhere deal with the exact same problems parents have been dealing with for the entire history of humanity....

Yes, I DO Watch Game Of Thrones With My 14 Year Old
Yes, even the occasional rapey parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

The ultimate form of expression: Letting your child poo poo where it pleases
"In China, millions of children poo poo all over the place, yet their society continues to amaze the..."

Added byline

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I Love My Disabled Kid More Than You Love Your Non-Disabled Kid

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

While Technically Written To All Mothers Everywhere There's A Bunch Of Details Here That Clearly Indicate My Personal Mommy Issues
Mothers: If your daughter asks you if her green junior prom dress is too short, don't call in your creepy boyfriend from the TRAILER...

There Is Only One Right Way To Raise Kids And I Will By-God Find It
I read 2 parenting books per day, and my last strategy of forcing my 9-year old to breastfeed...

A Person Did A Pretty Minor Thing But I Cannot Just Brush It Off
"She's so cute!" The cashier smiled, as my heart sank and my hands started...

I'm Worried About Something That Has Almost No Chance Of Happening And You Should Be Too
What if my kid falls wrong and breaks their neck at daycare but I'm in a meeting and I miss my kids last words oh god....

You're Not Being Inclusive Enough, You Closed-Minded rear end in a top hat
If America is so inclusive, why haven't you elected a vegan gay black elderly female wheelchair-bound atheist who is also a free range...

Discrimination Is A Serious Problem When You're Gluten-Free
I've been proudly gluten-free for 6 months now, and my diarrhea was almost gone until my dentist...

Your Child Is In Constant Danger And You Have To Protect Them 24/7
Crib Suffocation. Wild Animals. Mean looks from people on the subway who think it's "weird" for a grown-up to publicly suck their thumb...

There's People In Other Countries Who Turn Out Pretty Normal Even Though They've Been Through Some hosed-Up poo poo
But don't even think that means I should be able to take gentle criticism without bursting...

I'm Getting Old And Insecure And I Blame Society For That
" And you, Ma'am?" the waiter asked and my eyes started to cloud. "I'm only 45 and sometimes exercise"...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

There's A Fat Ugly Person Doing Some Kind Of Publicity Stunt
"You go, girl!" is what I say to 450'lb, wheelchair bound britnaay stevens, 56...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

How To Avoid Turning Into Your Mother
I cry sometimes when I look down at my shriveled, disused genitals and think "How did it come to...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Literally Shaking: Dealing With Anything Outside Your Tiny Comfort Zone
I get tremors when someone asks me if I like that no-good Obama, or when they suggest a steak, or...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

6 Benefits Of The Non-GMO Organic Placenta Diet
For the last 2 weeks, I've been eating nothing but organic, pesticide-free placenta.

12 Placentas That Forgot How To Placenta
This placenta is like "Whoa I'm a placenta???"

The Placenta Doesn't Have To Be Yours In Order For You To Eat It
It's time for this country to wake up: We need a better way for placentophiles to get placentas than hanging around ER exits

I'm Kind Of Mixed Up Whether I Should Love And Cherish My Baby Or The Weird Blob Of Guts That Came Out After
Every day I say goodbye to Johnny, the placenta that kept that kid of mine alive...

9 Uses For Placenta You Didn't Know About
It's not just for eating any more. Did you know placenta can be boiled to make a powerful...

Why Aren't There Books To Read To Your Placenta?
We need to leave child-centrism behind us and get some books to snuggle up with your placenta and read to it..

Hispanic Women Don't Seem To Want To Have Anything To Do With Their Placentas
Last week I asked Maria, my housekeeper, if she wanted to use my fridge for her placenta and she looked at me like...

The Gender Trinary: Female, Male, And Placenta
Ever since my doula tenderly placed the amorphous mass of dying cells that is my placenta on my chest, I knew my placenta was special...

Some People Think Placentas Are Unnecessary Once The Baby's Born
Sure, placentas aren't much to look at. But these days I can't even talk placenta without my mouth watering...

We Need Federal Funding For Placenta Daycare
Obamacare doesn't cover costs for post-birth placental care. Why Not?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Spanking My Child Hurt Me More Than It Hurt Them
While my child is fine, my hand is still stinging. I went to the chiropractor after I spanked...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

My Child Is A Disgusting Ableist
"I think people should work" said my 5-year old. I was stunned. I work very hard as a stay-at-home mother, even though our nanny...

Why I Don't Let My Children Play Outside
Even though the gateman for my neighborhood does a good job, my children can't be risked to play in our fully-fenced...

I Gave My Kid An Old Camera And the 300 Pictures Of Their Nose Says Something About The Universe
If you want a truly transformative experience, give a child a camera. The hundreds of blurry pictures of the bottom of their face will change the way you look at...

My Daughter* Wanted A Tea Party Playset. Here's Why I Said No
Tea parties have become charged with xenophobia, kinkshaming, and the trampling of LGBTQA rights. I sat down my 3 year old and explained...

Teeter-Totters and SeeSaws: Destroyers Of Children's Reproductive Systems
Last week I read about an accident where a kid got bruised on the nads. I'm now leading a petition drive to get seesaws removed from my local...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

You're Right, My Child Isn't Having a "Normal" Childhood. That's OK With Me.
You know who else had a "normal" childhood? Maurice Hilleman. So yeah, I'm ok with raising my kid freegan.

Mandatory Vaccines Are Tantamount To Rape
Think about it: having a small shot to render you immune from diseases is the same thing as being sexually assaulted. And I should know: I am a Vaccine Survivor...

Overcoming The Shame Of Being Straight
Every time I read about a straight person doing something bad, I get a queasy feeling inside. Sometimes I wish I was gay so I wouldn't feel responsible for...

You Have To Get Your Kids Into The Right Preschool If You Want Them To Succeed
What college you went to is everything, and if you want to get into the right college you have to go to the right prep school, to get into the right prep school...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

My Child Is Not Emotionally Ready For Full-Time Employment And That's OK
"Mommy, they hurt my feelings" my 24-year-old son sobbed into my bare chest. I tried to latch...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Command Ant posted:

Why I've Completely Given Up On My Appearance, And Why Everyone Should Praise Me Nonstop For It
I look like a mound of raw dough someone rolled through a pile of dirty laundry and stuck a pair of goofy glassed into, but...

This Blogger Is Changing The World, One Brave Day At A Time
Command Ant is a blogger who is challenging the patriarchy's notion that a person should wear clean clothes and...

10 Fat Acceptance Activists You Should Be Following On Twitter
What topics are trending on twitter is a matter of serious importance, just like being genderqueer...

These Courageous Pictures Show A Half-Naked Ugly Chick With Bizarre Slogans Smeared On Her Flesh
I applaud anyone willing to brave the overwhelming expectation that people should wear clothes that cover their panniculus...

I Had To Order A Special Toilet Seat Because Of My Body Type. That's Not OK.
I broke three toilet seats in the last 2 years, but I had to search online to find a seat capable of supporting....

My Overeating And Lack Of Exercise Have Nothing To Do With My Morbid Obesity
As a mother, we all eat mac&cheese. I use food to get a much-needed boost after co-sleeping with Ethynn, 13, who tosses and turns all...

The Fad Diets I Demand My Children Eat Along With Me Are Surely Helping Them
Of course it's good for kids to eat Kale-infused everything and abstain from red meat, gluten, and non-organic produce.

The Way Children Are Educated Is More Important Than Them Actually Learning Anything
I took Kaleighe out of school after a teacher told her she had to do her math work after lunch, even after I sent in a note explaining she can decide for herself...

My Child Kind Of Wanders Around During The Day And That's Better Than A Formal Education
For centuries, young people would apprentice under a master to learn a craft- they didn't need schools. Granted, Jaycub doesn't follow a professional anything (except Mother)...

My Children Staring At And Smudging Their Fingers Across Touchscreens All Day Is Giving Them The Tools To Succeed In The Social Future
I didn't want to get my children Ipads, but I don't want my kids to grow up without the valuable experience of dicking around a slick gui all day to no purpose. Other kids will grow up exposed to technology, just like Bill Gates was. He had early access to computers- I want my children to have the same. Sure, my kids don't know a drat thing about how the devices they're using work, or how interfaces are designed, or how the products are marketed and sold, and they sure didn't earn the money to buy them. But giving my kid a way to idly send funny faces to other bored kids with a zero-effort caption like "bored at target" is the same thing as giving a kid access to the technology of the future. Just think- when they get hired they'll have thousands of friends on facebook to vouch for them! An employer will be able to get a sample of their whole life in one google search! This can't harm my kids, it's technology and technology is big business and that means its good.

Sure, some kids are out there writing code and taking apart old TV's and writing crappy poetry in cheap notebooks, but my kids are going to be the Gender-Diverse Bill O'Reilly's of the hyper-connected Social Workplace, where there's no boundaries between work and friendship. Other kids might help their parents with household tasks, or even help at a family business but mine are going to be focusing on what counts: whatever apple says the new way of doing things is.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

I read HuffPo's political news section a lot and there is p much a 100% chance that one of the linked articles on the right side of the screen will be a variation on either "I found pictures on the Internet of a fat/ugly person in revealing clothing; here, look, this is them" or "<x celebrity> was seen in public being conventionally attractive and I am reporting on this for some reason while struggling to conceal my resentment of her", it's uncanny

The site is like a newspaper with Tumblr in the margins between articles basically

Truth, I became a parent last year and I read a lot online. I rapidly discovered that the enormous majority of "parenting" content is complete horseshit.

I Treat My Children's Upbringing Like I'm Min-Maxing Gender In Some Kind Of Video Game
I gave my child a male name, so they'd be viewed as powerful. But I also forced them to live as the other gender, so they'd be compassionate. I pick out Kaighdenn's outfit...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

X Finally Gave It To Me
He taught me how to break bread with my enemies, but still taught me to be strong enough to break who they're sending at me

Troubling Signs That Tell You If Your Teen Has Autism
Is he nervous? Are His Palms Sweaty? Knees are Weak? Is there vomit on his sweater? Does He keep asking you to make spaghetti?"

You Should Be Honored By My Lateness
That I would even show up to this fake poo poo. So go ahead, go nuts, go apeshit...

The Question All Men Are Asking Me:
How many ladies in the house? How many ladies in the house without a spouse? Something in your blouse got me feeling so aRoused...

No, My Son Is Not Gay
I sigh as I get the same question again. "No, just because I dressed Kaighdun like a transvestite turn of the century newsboy...

My Husband Is Not Gay
In fact, I relish the fact that my husband doesn't want me to trim my facial hair. He accepts me, a hirsute woman, the way I am.

I Exclusively Pleasure Myself With Sustainable Locally Grown Produce
Fortunately, prickly pears are quite soft and pleasant after a couple days on the back porch here in Tucson...

I'm Constructing a Monument In Honor Of My Child
Someday future generations will look at the pyramid of dirty diapers in my backyard and...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Sounding Smug And Self-Doubting At The Same Time: A Blogger's Guide
I'm consumed with doubt to the point of tears every day that I'll let my precious child down. But you know what? I'm definitely a better parent than you.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I Gave My Husband A Truly Naughty Father's Day Present
A stern lecture about intersectionalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

I am kinda curious how you could possibly get any more genderless than "baggy jacket and pants in bright red with fur trim worn by a fat person"

I Am A Santa Lap-Rape Survivor
I've spent the last few years tweeting tirelessly of the dangers to a person's self-esteem posed by sitting in someone's lap. The concept of a "lap" is patriarchal to it's core- pregnant women have no laps

• Locked thread