Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ruh roh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

why am i living in this dystopian universe that some hipster is reading about in a much better universe

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
While Netroots Nation eats itself Jeb prepares the Silent Majority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok2gHzfiQC8

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
best fuckin presidential ad ever

little girl is like "aww" then BOOM and lyndon johnson's voice thundering over a scene of Armageddon

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Omi-Polari posted:

While Netroots Nation eats itself Jeb prepares the Silent Majority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok2gHzfiQC8

not asking for my gifs, not my president

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Omi-Polari posted:

The war was winding down by the time he turned 18. (But he wouldn't have gone anyways of course.)
He had a low draft number in 1972 (26 if I recall) and was worried about being drafted. He talked to his mother and father about his plans to actually avoid induction. According to his mother, he was considering registering as a conscientious objector so he wouldn't have to go. By the time his number would have been called in 1973, the war was winding down and very few people were being inducted. He took a chance and lucky for him it paid off.

If the rate of induction had kept up with previous years, he almost certainly would have been drafted. Fortunately for him, people with more courage of their convictions protested the war and eroded support for it, leading to the de-escalation of hostilities by the time he would have been drafted.

He's a chickenhawk of the worst kind.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Its going to be great having a moderate in the white house again.

(Said a Atlantic writer)

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Glorgnole posted:

I set my Chrome word replacer app to replace every instance of "Jeb!" with "Jeb!!".

Thank you, friend. :)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Axolotl posted:

He had a low draft number in 1972 (26 if I recall) and was worried about being drafted. He talked to his mother and father about his plans to actually avoid induction. According to his mother, he was considering registering as a conscientious objector so he wouldn't have to go. By the time his number would have been called in 1973, the war was winding down and very few people were being inducted. He took a chance and lucky for him it paid off.

If the rate of induction had kept up with previous years, he almost certainly would have been drafted. Fortunately for him, people with more courage of their convictions protested the war and eroded support for it, leading to the de-escalation of hostilities by the time he would have been drafted.

He's a chickenhawk of the worst kind.
He wasn't a hawk, though. He didn't actively support the war at all, did he?

I guess I have more sympathy. My dad is the same age (is also from Houston) and had a low draft number. But he wasn't out protesting the war; instead fishing in the bayou and riding motorcycles.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Omi-Polari posted:

He wasn't a hawk, though. He didn't actively support the war at all, did he?

I guess I have more sympathy. My dad is the same age (is also from Houston) and had a low draft number. But he wasn't out protesting the war; instead fishing in the bayou and riding motorcycles.
He's a hawk now, though. He wanted to pretend to be a conscientious objector so that he could get out of service, but he wasn't out there protesting like real COs.

And that loving pig has the gall to send a thank you letter to George Day for his support in condemning Kerry which says "As someone who truly understands the risk of standing up for something, I simply cannot express in words how much I value their willingness to stand up against John Kerry." As though his use of his powerful position to bully Michael Schiavo was some grave risk to himself.

He's a shitstain.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Axolotl posted:

He's a hawk now, though. He wanted to pretend to be a conscientious objector so that he could get out of service, but he wasn't out there protesting like real COs.

And that loving pig has the gall to send a thank you letter to George Day for his support in condemning Kerry which says "As someone who truly understands the risk of standing up for something, I simply cannot express in words how much I value their willingness to stand up against John Kerry." As though his use of his powerful position to bully Michael Schiavo was some grave risk to himself.

He's a shitstain.
I don't care. We have a military led by civilians.

That Kerry stuff is bullshit though I agree with you.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Omi-Polari posted:

I don't care. We have a military led by civilians.

I care because he's a lying shitweasel without the courage of his supposed convictions. And now he's a hawk who would have taken us to war in Iraq just like his idiot brother, and would probably take us to war in Iran as well. As long as someone else is doing the dying, he's perfectly happy committing troops to a bullshit war.

quote:

That Kerry stuff is bullshit though I agree with you.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Axolotl posted:

I care because he's a lying shitweasel without the courage of his supposed convictions. And now he's a hawk who would have taken us to war in Iraq just like his idiot brother, and would probably take us to war in Iran as well. As long as someone else is doing the dying, he's perfectly happy committing troops to a bullshit war.
That's unlikely.

I mean, say what you will about the GWB administration but even they thought that idea was madness.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Crowsbeak posted:

Its going to be great having a moderate in the white house again.

(Said a Atlantic writer)

This is what my dad says all the time but at least he has the sense not to vote for Jeb!

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
imo the uss finback shoulda let the japs eat bush 1 back in 44

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jeb! is gonna have to one up Dubya somehow so we're gonna be at war seven different ways during his first 90 days

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!
Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!Jeb!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Presidential candidate from an Old Money family worth $60 million posted:

People need to work longer hours and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families.

Americans put in longer hours than the British, French, and Germans already, and worker productivity has risen by like a quarter or more just since 2000. You'd think voters going :rolleyes: at Romney telling them to borrow money from their parents to make it big would have been a lesson, but I guess not.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

don Jaime posted:

I'm flashing back to the MST3K of Leech Woman, where Servo screams JED! in an Irene Ryan voice every few minutes. That's the voice I hear when I see JEB!

Having JEEEEEEEEB as president would cause me intense disPLAYsure!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.telemundo.com/noticias/2015/07/28/exclusiva-telemundo-hablo-en-espanol-con-el-precandidato-republicano-la

:shlick:

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
JEB! now seems to always be third in the polls behind Trump and Walker. When can we stick the fork in him and declare him done?

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

don Jaime posted:

When can we stick the fork in him and declare him done?

When he loses a debate to Scott Walker.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

agugugugugu

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

he does speak perfect spanish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011