Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

PT6A posted:

Why does everyone think GWB is an idiot? He was an amazingly effective politician who managed to win two presidential elections. The fact that the things that he very successfully accomplished were horrific for the country in general doesn't mean that he was an idiot; America would be much better off if he had actually been an idiot, as he wouldn't have been able to do as many bad things so effectively.

He won one presidential election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Heaven Spacey posted:

It's mainly his simple demeanor, gaffes like MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and almost choking to death on a loving pretzel, and the popular public perception that Dick Cheney was actually in charge and pulling the strings from the shadows. Although a lot of his political accomplishments can be credited to Daddy Bush's Men like Karl Rove, he is definitely a lot more competent than people think, you're right.

he was an effective politician who put dick cheney as his successor so no one got any ideas about him like they did on Reagan

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Ok which one of you is Jonathan Chait?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Like goons are the only ones who have ever made the connection between Jeb and Gob, COME ON!

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Trump is obviously Sitwell

quote:

In early 2006 George Bluth visited Stan Sitwell to sell him his remaining shares of the Bluth Company but Stan refused, bragging about a project that would make him bigger than Halliburton Teen. George photographed blueprints and Lucille told him they were plans to build a wall between the United States and Mexico.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

One time, Jeb! presented a golden saber to Marco Rubio, and also told a story about a mystical Republican warrior named Chang. This is important information on the issues.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

hahahahahah holy loving poo poo i'm dying

also let's play a game

Jeb Bush posted:

A hundred dollar bill is no more than a hundred pennies

Gob Bluth posted:

They call me Vito Corleone

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

photographic confirmation

This is the best.

Also isthere any movement in the Paul camp, if he is going to be dropping out?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Crowsbeak posted:

This is the best.

Also isthere any movement in the Paul camp, if he is going to be dropping out?

You mean when he is going to be dropping out? My guess is in mid-November so he can enjoy an easy coast to senate re-election.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Does this mean Ben Carson is Franklin?

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Skeesix posted:

Does this mean Ben Carson is Franklin?

Ben Carson is Tobias.

Because he's a generally competent doctor seeking work in a field for which he's woefully under-qualified, for no good reason. And also, he is black.

Deep Hurting has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Oct 14, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Deep Hurting posted:

Ben Carson is Tobias.

Because he's a generally competent doctor seeking work in a field for which he's woefully under-qualified, for no good reason. And also, he is black.

He's analraping the Republican primary.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

What did Jeb Bush do in August?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Full Battle Rattle posted:

"Top Jeb fundraisers leave campaign amid troubling signs"

It was when reality started to sink in for most of his supporters.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Was going to say "declared he was running" but that was June.

First debate was in August.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Opened his mouth, maybe said something in Spanish.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Whiskey Sours posted:

Opened his mouth, maybe said something in Spanish.

Hermano.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

He kept us safe, mon frère.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
He kept us safe

"Has a picture of W standing over a mound of corpses"

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

blablablabla posted:

He kept us safe

"Has a picture of W standing over a mound of corpses"

That was this campaign season's Solid as a Rock.

Prove me wrong, crazy Trump campaign!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

RICK PERRY!
                                                                                                                                                            \

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/08/14/3691738/jeb-bush-said-the-iraq-war-was-a-good-deal-heres-exactly-what-it-cost/

Aug 14, 2015 posted:

In recent days, Jeb Bush has decided to focus his campaign on Iraq. Earlier this week he pinned the blame for the current instability in the country on Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Speaking at a national security forum yesterday in Iowa, Jeb Bush asserted that “taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal.”
It only went downhill from there for Jeb!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

How much clearer can I say '"there's always. money. IN! IRAQ'S! OIL! RESERVES!"
                                                    \

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It must be weird having a dad and brother who were president and watching your own campaign be destroyed by a man from Queens with a goofy haricut

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Much like "The King of Queens" destroying "Arrested Development" in the ratings.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Much like "The King of Queens" destroying "Arrested Development" in the ratings.

:eyepop:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
jeb bush is a dork loser and no one is gonna vote for him

no matter how rich you are in america, you'll always be bottom of the social order if you're a dork

this is why school shootings happen

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

The Saurus posted:

jeb bush is a dork loser and no one is gonna vote for him

no matter how rich you are in america, you'll always be bottom of the social order if you're a dork

this is why school shootings happen

Jeb! had everything prepared to storm the RNC, but the door was locked.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
What does this dumb gently caress expect is going to happen that changes anything in the next few months. He's polling 6-8% and we're less than 4 months from voting. Everyone hates him, he loses one-on-one with Trump, and every day he creates more and more tape and copy that will destroy him in a campaign against a democrat. I mean, in the last week he's on record saying that mass shootings are the equivalent of pooping while running, and that race has no correlation with poverty rates or social mobility.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Deep Hurting posted:

Ben Carson is Tobias.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
He's not a "Carl Weathers," par example

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

He's not a "Carl Weathers," par example

"I did not want to waste Cuba on Carson."

EDIT:

Cross-posted from the comments on the video itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfkYfPNckIM

"And soon, JEB found himself experiencing what on the street is referred to as a "roofie circle," whereby a roofie is taken the day after a degrading event too late to erase the memory of the degrading event itself, but not too late to erase the prior day's attempt to erase the event. Thus, with no memory of taking the roofie, but the memory of the event very much alive, the victim of the roofie circle finds himself constantly trying to re-erase the memory, but only succeeds in erasing the memory of the attempt to erase the memory. Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, and relationships grow testy. And what begins in shame almost always ends in a Mexican hospital with stage 4 syphilis."

Deep Hurting has issued a correction as of 05:39 on Oct 17, 2015

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I like how the black guy in the background can barely keep himself awake

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Patter Song posted:

The thing that gets me is that his name is Reinhold Priebus. He apparently made up the nickname Reince.

Stagger_Lee posted:

Reinhold Priebus has a law degree. I don't understand how he mastered the temptation to join the judiciary.

"Yes, I am judging your name. It am silly!"

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
114 million dollars

*prrrrrrrt*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Deep Hurting posted:

"I did not want to waste Cuba on Carson."

EDIT:

Cross-posted from the comments on the video itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfkYfPNckIM

"And soon, JEB found himself experiencing what on the street is referred to as a "roofie circle," whereby a roofie is taken the day after a degrading event too late to erase the memory of the degrading event itself, but not too late to erase the prior day's attempt to erase the event. Thus, with no memory of taking the roofie, but the memory of the event very much alive, the victim of the roofie circle finds himself constantly trying to re-erase the memory, but only succeeds in erasing the memory of the attempt to erase the memory. Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, and relationships grow testy. And what begins in shame almost always ends in a Mexican hospital with stage 4 syphilis."

Ah that YT comment explains a lot

but seriously, what the gently caress Jeb lmbo

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Look at banner, Jeb!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Hey, at least Jeb! remembers this commandment and takes it very seriously:

Thou shalt protect thy father, and honor no one above him, unless it be-eth me, thy sweet Lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
There's always money in the banana-stans, Jeb!

• Locked thread