Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.jameswebb.com/

Senator, secretary of the Navy, married a Vietnamese chick,

he is like a democrat but more centrist on some issues, I think?

Anyways he's never going to win but he seems like a decent guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im rooting for Jim Webb to get a smallish bump and steal enough moderates from :shillary: KKKlinton to ensure Bernie as eternal leader of america

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He has a space telescope named after him, so that's good

He knew the Iraq war was a bad idea before it started

Harald has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Jul 17, 2015

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Jim Webb is running to be Hillary's VP pick. That's my honest assessment, he doesn't have a brand to be pushing, but he has a 'center-right appeal' (emphasis is not on the appeal part) and the only people who would care about him are people who don't understand that this election is about the economy and just vote on whoever looks 'hard on terrorists'

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MrBims posted:

Jim Webb is running to be Hillary's VP pick. That's my honest assessment, he doesn't have a brand to be pushing, but he has a 'center-right appeal' (emphasis is not on the appeal part) and the only people who would care about him are people who don't understand that this election is about the economy and just vote on whoever looks 'hard on terrorists'

honestly my preferecne would be: Bernie > Webb > Hillary i loving can't stand hillary

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
who?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I once meet Jim Webb. He had a very firm handshake.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Nice to finally find a fellow Webb Head. I've bought all the Jim Webb campaign merchandise at the jwebbforprez.com online store.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im rooting for Jim Webb to get a smallish bump
:bigtran:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I've always liked Jim Webb but he's loving up so badly.

First, the horrible own goal of defending the Confederate flag.

Then, speaking against the nuclear deal with Iran (which all non-proliferation experts seem to agree is a roaring diplomatic success for the United States and a major credit to the Obama Administration). He has a record of peaceable negotiation - he supported opening relations with Cuba, served on Obama's team that opened up Burma, opposed the invasion of Iraq - he should be doubling down as a sober, reasoned geopolitical strategist with a firm skepticism toward mindless military intervention. There's just no excuse for rejecting the Iran deal in my view.

The simple fact is, the guy is running an anti-campaign and might be angling for a position on the pundit circuit more than for any government office. He'll never be a VP candidate, FYI.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Harald posted:

http://www.jameswebb.com/

Senator, secretary of the Navy, married a Vietnamese chick,

he is like a democrat but more centrist on some issues, I think?

Anyways he's never going to win but he seems like a decent guy.

wwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dixie shall rise again yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Do you guys hear something? I swear this place is haunted...

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Mr. Horrible posted:

Do you guys hear something? I swear this place is haunted...

Calm down man, it's just some owls.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im rooting for Jim Webb to get a smallish bump and steal enough moderates from :shillary: KKKlinton to ensure Bernie as eternal leader of america

a brokered convention on the democratic side would be :laffo: but would also probably go to hillary since jim "confederate flag defender" webb supporters and bernie supporters aren't going to pick each other over hillary

but there aren't enough jim webb types left in the dems, they pretty much all switched sides or died

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Jim Webb owns. He basically knew he was a one-termer who got lucky and just went hog wild. The Iran thing was kind of weird I agree. But, his hard-lining on the Confederacy is almost certainly his biggest liability. However he has literally written multiple books on the subject. Also his work on Prison overhaul is top notch.

I think he is a multiple Emmy winner.

Him straight up snubbing GW was one of my favorite things, also.

He would be a great candidate but will never make it out of the primaries, unfortunately. I think he's playing for Secretary of State, and that would be perfect.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Jimm Web striking a power stance.

Cnut the Great has issued a correction as of 13:12 on Jul 18, 2015

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Jim Webb is the John McCain of the Democratic party.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jim Webb was on the radio the other day and he really wants to cut the corporate income tax so he's a good match for :shillary:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Skeesix posted:

John McCain is the Jim Webb of the Republican party.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Skeesix posted:

Jim Webb is the John McCain of the Democratic party.

Pretty sure Jim Webb didn't get captured. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Pretty sure Jim Webb didn't get captured. :smug:

So Jim Webb is a *real* war hero?

• Locked thread