Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://store.steampowered.com/app/270910/

Anyone playing it? I already have Armageddon and I forgot what World Party added to it, and apparently the graphics overhaul was kind of meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This remaster is AIDS so no and don't buy it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'm gonna play Armageddon with my cousin again instead then

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i'm gonna play Armageddon with my cousin again instead then

Congratulations dude.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i was pumped for this, but not if its all hosed up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

World Party was my favorite Worms game but this sucks and is bad.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what is the good worms game to scratch my worms itch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hubris.height posted:

what is the good worms game to scratch my worms itch
You should probably go to the vet.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
they said they'd put me down for having terminal aids

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What the gently caress! World Party was my favorite, what did they do the remaster, I was planning on buying this

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
they've been releasing a lot of worms games over the years too bad they've all been poo poo after armageddon

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

What the gently caress! World Party was my favorite, what did they do the remaster, I was planning on buying this

Oh, Team17, why you do this to us...

Pros: 1080p gameplay, yay

Cons: Everything else, the menus are in 640x480 so it's a pain in the capital B to alttab and don't even try to use the overlay, this will make multi-monitor users have problems as well, there are no key bindings nor control schemes for keyboard/mouse, lack of graphic and audio settings, basically is just a copypaste of the original game interface, by the way the "new" audio isn't a great thing either, you will be turning it off because it doesn't match the game style. There's no good online (yeah, wtf Team17), no steamworks matchmaking, I don't remember seeing a direct IP connection so I guess you will have to use Hamachi and similar software to play with friends without lag, because there's just this UK Wormnet master server where I was unable to join a single drat match and there's no people whatsoever, "the perfect online gaming experience"?! yeah sure. Did I mention the game crashed 3 times in 20 minutes? what the hell? and there are people having compatibility and optimization issues as well in the forums. I heard people having FPS problems as well, so yeah, another strike.

Don't bother buying this, don't even think of it, is a copy-paste of the original game with no improvement aside from the 1080p gameplay, all it's features could be achieved with a free mod for t he original game. If you are wondering why I don't have this in my library anymore, it's because I asked for a refund, you should do the same. Developers should learn how to do a proper "remastered", don't give them your money so they can undestand that and stop releasing lazy games like this.

If you want a true 2D Worms experience, buy Armageddon.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Cons: Everything else, the menus are in 640x480 so it's a pain in the capital B to alttab and don't even try to use the overlay, this will make multi-monitor users have problems as well, there are no key bindings nor control schemes for keyboard/mouse, lack of graphic and audio settings, basically is just a copypaste of the original game interface, by the way the "new" audio isn't a great thing either, you will be turning it off because it doesn't match the game style. There's no good online (yeah, wtf Team17), no steamworks matchmaking, I don't remember seeing a direct IP connection so I guess you will have to use Hamachi and similar software to play with friends without lag, because there's just this UK Wormnet master server where I was unable to join a single drat match and there's no people whatsoever, "the perfect online gaming experience"?! yeah sure. Did I mention the game crashed 3 times in 20 minutes? what the hell? and there are people having compatibility and optimization issues as well in the forums. I heard people having FPS problems as well, so yeah, another strike.

Don't bother buying this, don't even think of it, is a copy-paste of the original game with no improvement aside from the 1080p gameplay, all it's features could be achieved with a free mod for t he original game. If you are wondering why I don't have this in my library anymore, it's because I asked for a refund, you should do the same. Developers should learn how to do a proper "remastered", don't give them your money so they can undestand that and stop releasing lazy games like this.

holy poo poo

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Boogie B calling for repeated air strikes, napalm strikes, carpet bombings, mail bombings and sheep strikes on Team 17's fail infested headquarters.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i'll send a nagging old lady also she explodes

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I know a lot of you miss Wormpot, but there's a nice mod called RubberWorm that lets you have those same effects and more in Worms Armageddon. It's online-compatible, too, so long as everyone you're playing with has RubberWorm installed.

I've also kept this handy Worms Armageddon starter pack in case you want some nice schemes that mesh a bit better with RubberWorm effects.

Happy worming, Imps. :)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wormghazzi

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

qnqnx posted:

Boogie B calling for repeated air strikes, napalm strikes, carpet bombings, mail bombings and sheep strikes on Team 17's fail infested headquarters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A donkey! A donkey! My kingdom for a donkey!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM98bZZo7kg

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJNCfHzEmvI

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Great Joe posted:

I know a lot of you miss Wormpot, but there's a nice mod called RubberWorm that lets you have those same effects and more in Worms Armageddon. It's online-compatible, too, so long as everyone you're playing with has RubberWorm installed.

I've also kept this handy Worms Armageddon starter pack in case you want some nice schemes that mesh a bit better with RubberWorm effects.

Happy worming, Imps. :)

Why do people not play worms in the worms pile anymore :(

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Is this like a lovely version of Worms: Armageddon or something

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

surc posted:

Is this like a lovely version of Worms: Armageddon or something
The original World Party was great, kind of an expanded Armageddon.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

The original World Party was great, kind of an expanded Armageddon.

How do you expand on perfection?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Seriously though I played World Party a few times and it was pretty good, but it didn't quite hit the same mark for me.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It sounds like it's basically the old game only slightly better, but there's this weird trend in PC gaming currently where if a menu isn't 60 FPS then the game is really bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

It sounds like it's basically the old game only slightly better, but there's this weird trend in PC gaming currently where if a menu isn't 60 FPS then the game is really bad.
It sounds like a series of massively missed opportunities, or an MMO.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lets play armageddon yall

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
when i was a kid i heard the worm say you assfucker but he actually said you asked for it

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Fredrik1 posted:

Why do people not play worms in the worms pile anymore :(
Drama happened

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lets play armageddon yall

Is there a good version on steam. Because I would gladly do so

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

starbarry clock posted:

when i was a kid i heard the worm say you assfucker but he actually said you asked for it

i heard 'rape the waiting on showers' in starcraft when you made wriaths

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Is there a good version on steam. Because I would gladly do so

the original one lol http://store.steampowered.com/app/217200/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

15 dollars, are they insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

15 dollars, are they insane.

The Worms guys have completely lost their minds.

• Locked thread