Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So, I just learned Kouta Hirano did a really creepy :nws: story starring Hitler. What, uh, what the gently caress Hirano? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sharkopath posted:

anime board game

That's Orange Juice right.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Shinjobi posted:

I am trying to think of a good 26 episode series to watch throughout the upcoming Fall semester. Stuck between goin' old school (been a while since I've watched Outlaw Star) or finding a newer show I just haven't found time for.

Outlaw Star. It's one of the best shows I've ever watched, period. Plus, Aisha is so cute! :3:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh yeah, Ouran is also really, really good, that's a great choice too.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I could never get past the ships growing arms and punching each other.

It's badass. :kamina:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've always wanted to be on a podcast.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm really easy to get along with and talk to.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

As a fellow narcissist :agreed:

It's funny you say that, I actually have legit NPD.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DoubleDonut posted:

Also the reason DC is so obsessed with making movies that are unenjoyable to watch is probably because they are obsessed with making comics that are unenjoyable to read

This was completely true since 2011, but they've been trying to turn it around little by little.

boom boom boom posted:

In Superman stuff there's usually a scene where people shoot at Superman, and Superman just stands there while the bullets splat on his bulletproof skin. They should've done a scene like that in Man of Steel, where Zod picks up civilians and throws them super-fast at Superman, and Superman just stands there as the civilians splat against his invincible body. Or maybe he casually bats them away with one hand before they hit him, and their broken bodies fly off into a pile of rubble.

What about a movie where Superman cries as he beats Bizarro to death.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

GorfZaplen posted:

I can't unhear Frieza's voice whenever Genkai speaks.

You know, my friend is really into these old men like Grunkle Stan and Rick Sanchez, and I teased her about it, but when I was rewatching YYH last year I was like, "gently caress! Genkai is really cute! My friend must never find out."

I never noticed how much like Freeza she sounds like, though. Now I can't unhear it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DoubleDonut posted:

The worst kind of comics fans, in order:
1. People who think literally all comics should be deathly serious
2. People who think literally all comics should be wacky and stupid
3. People who think Batman could beat Superman in a fight

I agree!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

GorfZaplen posted:

Haha, I love the rich people voices in the Dark Tournament arc. *lovely southern plantation owner accent* Be nice to them Caroline, they're about to be dead.

The Dark Tournament is hands down the best tournament arc in history.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
GZ what do you think of YYH up to this point, because it is literally one of my favorite animes of all time.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

GorfZaplen posted:

I've seen most of it before, I'm just rewatching it. It's really good, one of my favorite shonen series.

Hell yeah.

pon alien posted:

Kuwabara sucks.

Kuwabara is awesome because he keeps trying despite the monumental disadvantage he's always at. He always comes close even if he doesn't outright win. Plus, the Seaman fight was a great victory for him.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

While it's somewhat of a rote subject, I'd actually be interested to know what everyone in the thread's favorite anime are.

Let's go with our top ten for maximum clickbait points. Order doesn't matter unless you want it to.

Off hand, without putting any major thought into it, I'd say Hellsing (Ultimate), JJBA, YuYu Hakusho, G Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, Cyborg 009, Persona 4, and Outlaw Star. Maaaaybe the original Yu Gi Oh(good, bad, such terms are meaningless, it's a blast to watch).

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I kinda want Dragon Ball on that list somewhere. I always liked the original series way more than Z.

I'm extremely critical of the franchise, especially with how it handled everyone not named Goku, but I can't help it. I love it, man. It's practically a part of who I am, seared into the fabric of my being.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
G Gundam has one of the best climaxes of anything, ever.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

G Gundam has great evetryting.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

that's some av.

I have no idea what that is in reference too

Who even is that

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
But think you to whoever bought me an avatar that's nice regardless.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Seriously tho what is my avatar.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

That's Zura Katsura. He's one of my favourite characters.

dogsicle posted:

it's a Gintama character but i don't know who

I don't know who that is and I don't watch Gintama but thank you regardless. It is an avatar and I will wear it proudly.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Gundam Reconguista in G
Girls und Panzer

Wait, seriously?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

I could do the same to your list

Elaborate.

boom boom boom posted:

I was genuinely blown away by Reconguista, it's one of the best TV shows, animated or not, that I've ever seen

Girls und Panzer is just totally fun

I can't process this.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Strange Quark posted:

For example, your love of Digimon Frontier is completely anathema to the Digimon thread on this very sub forum, who would have you believe is the great Satan for how badly it misuses its cast and fumbles its story.

I ulitmately decided to edit that out because I decided something I couldn't remember in great detail beyond loving it as a kid shouldn't be on the list. But I'd still say it's the best Digimon.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

people can have different opinions, wickedhate

Endorph posted:

not to mention it's a 'favorite anime' list not an 'objectively best anime ever made' list. it's not like you can factually prove that boom boom boom didn't enjoy girls und panzer more than most anime he's seen.

I get it, I get it, it's just unexpected. Whatever people enjoy, I'm happy for them.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Girls und Panzer is just a lot of fun. It's got girls who have tank battles and even some fun musical moments. it never gets dark or overly dramatic. I think it's like why other people like K-on, only K-on doesn't have tank combat.

Tanks do make everything better.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game.

Kind of. Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game, but either A Link To The Past or Ocarina of Time is the best Zeldagame.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

I would assume she's referring to how Majora's Mask twists or breaks with a lot of Zelda conventions.

It's a good Zelda game, but it's not a very "Zelda" Zelda game.

Exactly, thank you.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

Ping Pong is really loving good.

I loving love Ping Pong.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

In my head you will forever be the kid who drew your old sonic av.

I'm not and never have been good enough at drawing for that.

I did like Sonic sprite comics as a kid, tho.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

icantfindaname posted:

hello i'd like to make a motion for steven universe to be inducted as Honorary Anime, because the lesbian melodrama levels are loving exploding

Granted.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Strange Quark posted:

No wonder WickedHate's new av is a terrorist.

I'm still wondering who got me it and why.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bruce Wayne isn't a louse.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There needs to be more Persona 4 games.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Persona 4 should be it's own subseries. There doesn't even need to be a Persona 5, but I'm happy that's happening none the less. I just want the Investigation Team to keep being a thing, forever.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

Really? Because the all of the P4 spin offs have made me hate most of the characters that I used to really like. The more P4 games I play the less fondly I think of the series as a whole.

All of these P4 games are making me hate P4

That's your fault, man.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Have I ever mentioned the time a weeb I know asked me out of the blue in class to write self insert bdsm fanfiction of them and Sasuke.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

Did you do it?

Yes, but I kept it mostly just romantic. Very light.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

How much did you make them pay for it?

If they could afford commissions they probably wouldn't have asked me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

Did they ask because they knew you wrote stuff already or did they just figure "you like anime, you'll write an anime thing right?"

I wrote at the time. I mostly gave up on it because I really, really suck, but I still ocasionally do gifts for one particular friend that likes my writing(and who also drew my waifu for me last Christmas).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's a secret.

• Locked thread