Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Can any Imp Zoners give me some hot tips for Battlefield 4? I can't seem to kill anyone with any of the guns, so I pretty much get all my points from throwing medpacs everywhere. I want to try the Designated Marksman Rifles but I can't get enough points to unlock them as a Recon and paying $5 to unlock guns seems really wrong and is not real Gamer behavior.

I don't understand because I am good at Bad Company 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's okay to be bad at games because one day you'll be good at them.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

zen death robot posted:

It's because Battlefield went to poo poo after BC2

The gameplay itself still feels pretty much the same but it's wrapped in this godawful monetized package that sucks the fun out of a big part of the experience. Though BC2 had the best loadout options of any BF game and I feel like the Vietnam expansion hasn't been topped yet

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's okay to be bad at games because one day you'll be good at them.

I seem to be getting worse at these kinds of games, as I get older, rather than better

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frog Act posted:

I seem to be getting worse at these kinds of games, as I get older, rather than better
So play a game that relies less on physical attributes like twitch reflexes and more on game knowledge and experience. Why do you think the extremely elderly posters on the Something Awful website like Dark Souls so much?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
play battlefield 3 instead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Best tip you'll ever receive about this series, is don't play it since it's all pure trash from a huge, stinking rear end.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

zen death robot posted:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
why in the hell would you be concerned about your score in battlefield 4

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

it has a lot of cluttered needless crap for example hundreds of boring identical weapons, and a progression system in order to unlock guns is rlly gay.

zen death robot posted:

^thissery^

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
BC2 was the last good multiplayer fps

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Xaris posted:

BF1942 was the last good multiplayer fps

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Wormskull posted:

Best tip you'll ever receive about this series, is don't play it since it's all pure trash from a huge, stinking rear end.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Every problem with BF3/4 started with the Bad Company games and BC2 apologists need their kneecaps broken.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

BF2142 was the last good multiplayer fps

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
play sim city old man

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Just figure out what weapons work for you- lmgs and carbines have a lot of strong ones right now m but assault rifles have a lot of poo poo ones. And if you don't like something cry on reddit that's it's op so they can nerf it and continue the trend of making vehicles less fun and relevant because what we need is another infantry centric fps

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
battlefield was kinda weird to me at first too but then I understood that it was vehicle centric and there's like a billion of them everywhere for a reason

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Xaris posted:

BC2 was the last good multiplayer fps

look at all these dumb retards who haven't played Advanced Warfare

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
can you use the carl gustav, op

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

can you use the carl gustav, op

i can only use the Medkit

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

look at all these dumb retards who haven't played Advanced Warfare

I enjoyed all of the Call of Duty games since MW1 :mrgw:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if it's anything like Battlefield 3, just play engie and blow up vehicles. also don't play recon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

From my limited experience with BF3, ppl who play those games are incredibly stupid.

i would set c4 on a popular tank spot and let them continually drive over it, and if they somehow smartened up and got out of the tank, i would shoot them from behind a tiny wall with a cliff to my back. no one tried to flank me ever and i only died if someone from below shot me off the cliff. Not trying to humblebrag here, but wow, FPS gamers are loving dumb.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

From my limited experience with BF3, ppl who play those games are incredibly stupid.

i would set c4 on a popular tank spot and let them continually drive over it, and if they somehow smartened up and got out of the tank, i would shoot them from behind a tiny wall with a cliff to my back. no one tried to flank me ever and i only died if someone from below shot me off the cliff. Not trying to humblebrag here, but wow, FPS gamers are loving dumb.

If you have any amount of strategic thought in your brain, and you know what your class is meant to do, you will dominate 90% of the people who play these games.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if it's anything like Battlefield 3, just play engie and blow up vehicles. also don't play recon.

i love being helpful in games, and the recon spawn beacon and motion sensor are like the most helpful poo poo of all time

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i love being helpful in games, and the recon spawn beacon and motion sensor are like the most helpful poo poo of all time

that's good to do, but most of the recon guys i saw just sat on a rock going 1/4 the entire match

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Play engi. Play lav. Unlock thermals and zunis. Dominate.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
makes sure you understand the concept of object permanence, OP

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

makes sure you understand the concept of object permanence, OP

say what

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
in my multiplayer fps experience most players dont understand that concept, so after ducking behind a wall for 1-2 seconds they forget that you exist

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1V0tbq8hasR

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Disgusting.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

2142 was good poo poo

suck my aids cock if you don't htink podding people was cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frog Act posted:

Can any Imp Zoners give me some hot tips for Battlefield 4? I can't seem to kill anyone with any of the guns, so I pretty much get all my points from throwing medpacs everywhere. I want to try the Designated Marksman Rifles but I can't get enough points to unlock them as a Recon and paying $5 to unlock guns seems really wrong and is not real Gamer behavior.

I don't understand because I am good at Bad Company 2

modern fps games are all garbage.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

are dmrs any good? maybe I should just go back to insurgency

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Frog Act posted:

are dmrs any good? maybe I should just go back to insurgency

What a strange way to spell GBS.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

according to the stats screen the AN-94 is a million times better than the other assault rifles...why even bother with having so many if this is one is qualitatively better? i can't seem to kill anyone with it anyway though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i really hate how everyone plays support but never, ever use the ammo packs. i revive people and use medkits left and right but nobody ever drops ammo

• Locked thread