Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Too bad they didn't reduce the amount of running in circles chasing chests in the S2 battles. I like the fights in TD but man it's like 10 minutes of fighting and an hour of running around.

At least in story mode, they supposedly moved the bosses. I don't know why they wouldn't have moved them for non-story mode as well.

TD and Misty/Moonlight are so loving long.

CMI is a huge pain, but I solo'd it on sammich last night in about 20-25 minutes, which sin't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bakalakadaka posted:

CMI and ship aren't too bad on running unless you get real lovely chest order or no machas. They both had several super bullshit annoying bosses that all got nerfed though, which is good. TD and moonpeaks bosses are pretty reasonable except that loving bomb gremlin.

Did they nerf Ikrum, because good loving god.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

I don't think they touched any td bosses beyond fixing some bugs. Ikrium isn't bullshit he's just hard. Except for when he hits you 4 times with one attack that's kind of bullshit.

I was more thinking that his level of difficulty is a little hard for 70-ish equipment; but I guess that's solved by havign you fight him on essentially 50-69 for the same xp as 70-80.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

People don't want to do 24-man raids because they're the worst ever. How can we fix this?

The Lubber's coupon is probably worth it but lol if you think West has a shot at getting it.

You know we're getting a new 24-man raid soon?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I heard there will be a 24-man Lakoria raid some day, but I wasn't told it would be soon.

well, soon by nexon standards

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

They come with 1 crit so yes they are worth it.

Yep.

Also apparently we're getting a new launcher? Or Nexon Europe is coming on ours. The EU post (http://en.vindictus.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?BoardIDX=3527&PART=/News/Notice&nxid=15) isn't clear.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

okay, we can close up shop now

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Golden Coin Event! Get that purestrain gold ALTERON PAUL 2016

Most of the items available are ugly and stupid outfits. There are some enchantment and enhancement runes to be had and that's good. You can also get graces (lol) or 200-1000 AP caps (lol).

What Tier are you?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

The mail I got said I'm on Tier 3, presumably based on how much I've logged in.

*tugs collar* tier 1

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Patch notes for tomorrow say an All or Nothing Enhancement event. Is this going to be a stupid spend money to take a shot at +10 event?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

The rank 7 enchants for plate/heavy are just as good as the light ones. Slightly different stats but they're both good.

I think on the high end, light/cloth is slightly better but not much

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Hulu, stop cheating us on with neam and come back to LH

also i got both a lich set and a reggie wings

i am rich bitch

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

I quit when rise happened :ssh:

come back

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

fursonally, i am amused by how effortlessly low rent this year is

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

big news!

quote:

Coming Soon: North America/Australia Server Merge

For the last seven years, Vindictus has served players in North America and Australia across three separate regions. In an upcoming update, tentatively planned for the beginning of November, we will be merging the East, West and Australia Regions into one North American Region! All of your characters will be automatically transferred to this new server

This new North American server will allow players across North America to better find fellow mercenaries to aid them in battle and help maintain stable Marketplace economies across the continent. Your non-raid battle quests will continue to operate on a peer-to-peer level, with PvP and Royal Army Raids hosted at our best North American location.

We know that you'll have some questions about the details of this new region and how the merge will occur. Please take a look at the FAQ below and, if your question isn't answered there, please head on over to the Official Forums and let us know!

FAQ

Q: Will this affect European characters?

A: Aside from the downtime required by the upcoming Server Merge maintenance, Europe will be unaffected by any aspects of the server merge maintenance.

Q: Will I keep all my characters, if I have more than 20?

A: Currently, even with purchased Character Slots, you can have a maximum of 20 characters on a server. This will still be the case after the merge, however players with more than 20 characters across East, West and Australia will retain access to all of their characters.

Q: What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?

A: In cases of duplicate names, the character with the most playtime will retain their original name, with character creation date serving as the tiebreaker. All other characters with that name will have "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front of their name. They will also be granted a free Name Change Coupon, so that they can select a new name at their leisure.

Q: What happens if there are multiple guilds with the same name?

A: In this case, the highest level guild first will retain their original guild name, with guild creation date serving as the tiebreaker. Any other guilds with that name will be renamed in the same manner as with characters ("EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front).

Q: What if I have pets on different servers with the same name?

A: While multiple players on the same server can have pets named the same, a player cannot have two pets named the same on the same server. In cases where the pets names are duplicated, the highest level Pet will retain its name, with the tiebreaker being when the Pet was first adopted; other pets with that name will be renamed with "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front.

Q: What about items in the Marketplace when the merge happens?

A: When Vindictus goes down for the Server Merge Maintenance, all Marketplace entries will expire and be returned to the listing character.

Q: Will I lose any VVIP time if I have it active on multiple servers?

A: When the Server Merge occurs, we will take the time remaining on VVIP Licenses on East, West and Australia and apply the cumulative value to characters on the new North American server. So, if you have 8 days, 10 days and 2 days remaining across the servers, you'll have 20 days of VVIP active after the maintenance.

Q: What if I have Shared Storage active on multiple servers?

A: When the Server Merge occurs, the remaining duration on Shared Storage for each slot will added together, such as in the case of the below table. Items in Shared Storage will either stay in the Shared Storage or be sent to your characters via in-game mail, however we do recommend organizing your Shared Storage so that you don't have to search for the items among your characters mailboxes.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I'm looking forward to assuming that laggy hosts are from Australia and pitying them accordingly. I'm also looking forward to asking myself whether I should update the OP or make a new thread. Vindictus Season 3: Now you HAVE to join my goon guild you fucks

now i am going to have to compete with a whole bunch of other sylii for gayest sylas na

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

I'm glad they continue to justify my decision to quit months ago

you should come back. suffer with me, friend.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

It's November. Here's the news:

Looking a bit sparse there, guys. The problem is that the only other news item is a sale. Just a sale. I don't mention those unless they're meaningful in some way. Nexon is selling King of Fighter costumes and emotes. That's it. No KOF event. No KOF anything but a cash grab. Good thing I don't care about King of Fighters, eh?

Hey, you know what? I'm not going to complain. I need a rest from all these damnable time-sink events. Satan's temp jobs is what they are.

They're both complex in their own ways. Delia is good, but her big flaw is that her attacks take a while. Once you start attacking you're pretty well committed to it. If you don't plan your moves around your opponent's, you're going to eat hits. Arisha's different in that she's highly mobile and her dodge and block are both very good if you master them. Her attack style also differs from that of other characters. It's definitely true that she's more complex to start, but the more you play as her, the more natural her moveset will become.

High level delia play is loving astounding though.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

darkhand posted:

i don't remember the names of her abilities so this is a mess but:
both of her actives that you charge towards the boss with also let you use her big comet smash right afterwords too, and her right-click after big combos where she slides through the boss also lets you start your combo 1 l-click faster.
so you can air-click 3 times, then smash-delay-comet smash; them smash again for slide, then l-click only 2 times, to smash-delay comet smash; repeat.
I think delia is a great character, simple design and big hits and her actives aren't too messy.

lynn is also really good and her combos flow really well, her actives are a mess though.

lynn's new second weapon going to own.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Now you HAVE to join my guild, you fuckers.

Do I

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I guess you - plural - could join a goon-friendly pubbie guild. Honestly, it's best if you people don't join diabetic dogs so I can continue to use guild storage as my own personal swap space.

Oh yeah, do we need a new thread for Miri?

I mean, I am in Lion Heart and have been for ages lol.

I dunno about a new thread tho

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

The game is a lot easier than it used to be up until you get to the season 3 (max level) content. Season 3 stuff is pretty challenging and Neamhain will make you want to go relax with some dark souls.

i think season 3 is a lot better since the health nerf

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I am on Vindcation until lvl 100 poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

It's the 8th anniversary event.

All of your characters get a title and an emblem. No fuss, no muss, no grind.

Hashtag Hoagies

A neat video with interviews of a bunch of the Vindictus devs. I knew Xaehawk was based on a dev but I didn't know Bark was too. It's kind of awkward to hear some of these stories in the wake of the Rockstar scandal, though :smith:

No offense, but 10k NX is pretty stingy. You can't even afford most outfits with 10k NX.

lol thats' like two runes

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

How much of a pain is going to be to regear for lvl 100?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

you already know the answer, friend

*begins tying noose*

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

Depends. The wep itself is approximately 70m and armor is lower. Ummm accessories will cost like 300m all said and done. I'm reminded why I quit this game the longer in back often.

i have all enchanted/infused new rings/belt/ears

just need to redo my weapon and my armor (90 +8 all orange enchanted armor, +14 90 wep)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

Easier said than done :ghost:

I'm just sitting here with my purple gears and failing enhancements left and right.

i also have a decent warchest i am not above spending out

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Now I want to know how they got the headshots. Did Verafim buy a camera from a gremlin? Did Ingkara magic the picture onto the paper? Is Gilliam a really good painter?

yes

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i am extremely salty about regearing

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

embrace mediocrity

never

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Apparently the buffs are in just not in patch notes because of course.

e: this is the single greatest update of all time

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 23, 2019

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I may be poor but at least I know how to turn off the vignette effect :colbert:

:effort:

i don't even remember how to do it now

e:

[Sylas]
“Active: Infinity Requiem”
o Increased effective range.

:mad:

seriously thats it! that's all? fuckers.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 23, 2019

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

At least you didn't get nerfed, like Fiona, Miri, or Lynn.

When the patch hit, a bunch of buffs got consolidated. Campfires give a combined ATT boost and armor regeneration buff instead of two separate buffs. Superior camps sell a single buff that encompasses the four buffs that used to be sold separately (because it was wasteful to buy them separately). Normal and fine soaps no longer come in separate scents, instead coming in -- you guessed it --- a soap package that combines the effects of all three soaps. Durability protection potions have also been combined so there's only one potion per tier. More importantly, you can only have one durability potion active even though the individual potions are still out there. I learned today that you can go to Brynn and have your soaps and dura protection potions mashed together at no cost.

lol they also stealth nerfed dulla

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Well, they do give you one gremlin doll to talk to, which I think is all you need. You also get one field, though I've yet to see if the 50k gold I spent on ore spores will produce enough minerals to pay that back.

luckily the whales of lion heart have already dropped 500m into our guild bank

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

amusinginquiry posted:

Is Lion Heart the best guild to apply to? Myself and a non-goon friend just hit 90 a day ago and are looking to join somethin.

Diabetic Dogs is, I believe, the actually Goon Run guild. Lion Heart is a strong guild though and where Holo and I both reside.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Yep. If you want an active guild, Lion Heart is a better choice than diabetic dogs. diabetic dogs is just me and currently one other goon. (I think it's a goon. They mentioned their SA name in their application but I forgot it and I don't know if they've ever posted in the thread.) But the point is that Lion Heart is a better choice if you want people to talk to and a better choice if you want a guild that won't treat you or your friend differently based on goon/not-goon status.

I might actually drop my Grimden and/or Lynn into DD because I am never on both enough to keep them in LH, but that sweet sweet guild xp bonus is nice

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

It's rough since to get the best start one would have to join approx the release of the character like Eira had free cosmetics and armor/wep which saved 100+m gold for new players. I mean the disparity b/t the rich and poor means a year's worth of farming for one wep and raiding is boring.

The best advice I can say is to login for the +11 coupon and try to craft astera wep and upgrade it.

edit: Lol at PLAYERS WANT SKIMPY OUTFITS OK reply from devs. Rly.

My hot take is they made a few bad choices in season 3 that hurt the game really badly.All of the 90 weapons and outfits being, basically cosmetic choices was insanely dumb. The latest dumb choices were: counterforce and redoing accessories relatively quickly. The grind for weapons and armor was acceptable because accessory grind was relatively stable. You could keep a ring for like 3 years. Granted to the upgrade in stats isn't even that good. Like, for me to switch to a Red Moon is either a bunch of grinding content I am not good at/have time for OR pay 179m for a whole two crits. Hmmm.

Also the stat difference needed between 90 -> 95 -> 100 content is kind of bullshit.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 12, 2020

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

My main is Sylas and he;s rank 42 and pretty well geared. (Also Sylas is a dead class so its easy to be ranked.)

My lann is my old main but gearing a Lann is more work and effort than I am willing to put into this game. Everything else is trash gear and not 100.

I still think CF was the dumbest thing they ever did. It's just arbitrary bullshit that is a gold sink for whales to gate content. They should also get rid of elxirs for enchanting.

ArchWizard posted:

I don't know what you're complaining about. Vindictus already has what women want:

you're right

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

We haven't had a crossover event in years, you know.

ADD 👏 DIABLO 2 👏 NECROMANCER 👏 TO 👏 VINDICTUS

Oh, you have a +15 weapon? I have 15 skeletons :smugwizard:

The last crossover event was SOA, so I’ll pass

Unless the next crossover is just letting me make an actual dark souls character