Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everyone forgot the most important item for S3 and now iron ores are worth more than Regina components at 180k each. You need 120 for a full set of Lvl 80 or 30 for a weapon :20bux:

And they fixed the lag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

By 'shortened all of the boats' you mean the actual levels themselves got a lot shorter? I was trying to remember if there was any way to skip those boat introductions when entering/reentering dungeons or not. :v:

You can get to Lvl 70 (all raids open) in approx 3-5 days which is nice considering how long it took in the past even with story quests. The only time you probably will grind is for the final leg to Lvl 80-90 where everyone is at right now so you'll find people to farm exp with if necessary.

The only place that has annoyingly long maps are in S2 esp TD but fortunately people actually host boats right now.

Rule #1: Don't enhance/enchant unless this is the last thing. Pre-made is the way to go unless you enjoy failing back to back scrolls for each armor part.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Does anyone know if the stuff in the S3 preparedness package is tradeable yet? Or if the individual contents were ever meant to be tradeable?

The closed package is tradeable b/t the same acc but the individual items are not. For example, I can't split the Inner and Hair coupons or +10 one.

Idk if it's just me but I lag a lot in the new maps vs some S2 raids. Great for mining godly ores though. Regina is OK but her I'm averaging 20-30 min each raid and that gets old fast. I'd rather run older raids and sell off the useless secondary mats.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ShadowMoo posted:

At around what level will I start to see other boats?

Don't be silly, Vin is the anti-social MMO until endgame. Then you can set-up boat reqs to meet more people who are into the game that much.

@OP: Time to update link to shippu's armory because he finally hosted his own site after all: http://vindictusmanual.com

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I have a link to Shippu's Armory? :confused:

Yep, I submitted one a while back and time for new links.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

And the $25 Exquisite Enchant Rune is back after 3 years :v:

For everyone who hates RNG they can now save their items but not so much for $

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I have no idea what that means.

West server is dead. There's a boss rush event going on since a few weeks ago. You get coupons for nice items after killing a boss x times and East just cleared all of them in 3 days.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kuno posted:

I'm playing as the spear woman, she is pretty cool but her town walking animation is a loving travesty. What kind of armour is she supposed to use?

Wait, for a min I thought you were talking about Lann :v:

Lynn is melee so stack STR stuff like heavy and plate. Later on you can wear Light armor but w/o enchants you might as well get the extra DEF from plate.

FWIW, they removed BP so now you can rush from 0 to 70 in 2-3 days but a week should suffice for reg people.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone else finding that the main site is dead? I saw a bunch of complaint threads but otherwise business as usual.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just checked out the latest update and the launcher... is not bad? I had the direct launch forever but I do like how I don't have to keep typing info in each time.

Although, I only have 1 acc so not sure if it's *that* bad with alts or not.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

You don't use a password manager with auto-type?

It doesn't work with Vin :(

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

Just lol if u don't have a 30+ character password that u type every time.

Eh, you don't consider your NX acc to be :10bux: and use pw generators? Think of all the virtual gold on there.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So I have no idea how character progression in this game works, but if the grind and the lag are better than when I played a few years ago I could give it a shot. Would the recent Evie update change how I would build her from how a guide would say to? More into staff than scythe, I'm all about casters.

The lag problem varies. Vin is infamous for being poorly optimized and for S2/3 you will probably experience FPS drops even on a modern PC. Also, it helps a lot if you can host your runs/raids.

Right now staff is closer to the traditional idea of a mage with a variety of spells and it's a good call if you want to play since the revamp improved everything.

For a AP guide I did INT, Magic, and CRIT masteries all at rA. Next for spell types I did fire > ice > elec and their respective skills. Finally, the SP skills don't improve that much but it's nice to rank them if you have spare AP. Although I did like 1KO-ing bosses with Rage Conductor.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

I've gotten a bunch of element stones and element stone mats out of them, and you get fish eggs that you can use for pet food (if you ever use pets).

Luckier than my attempts as I got all kinds of useless fish and I already have the fishing titles. Now time to wait for hagie.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Since I had a lot of free time I made some guides for Evie & Arisha: http://www.knightime.net/vindictus/ :ghost:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Stopped playing shortly after the Evie revamp. Now with two more episodes and a shitton of events perhaps it is time to come back. Time to decide between Vella/Evie...

Vella and Kai are getting a revamp in Nov 2015 btw.

Yeah the endgame grind is real but all the cheap purple Lvl 90 stuff helps alot. Sadly, paradise stones are back to 400k each :ghost:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

And yet, somehow, people aren't running Ben Chenner Entrance or Trailhead to farm them :smith:

I thought the best place to get paradise stones is Miur? I think I got 2-3 paradise stones but BCE/TH take much longer and I can't solo them.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Choyi posted:

And about Evie sucking, I don't know how people play her, but she is by far one of the strongest chars in game atm especially with scythe, it is true that you do need to invest in some att spd for her(30+ at least) but way less so now then pre revamp where she was unplayable at low speed.

Evie got better but I still find scythe to be overly clunky even with the 24h +15 weps. Staff improved a lot though since the last revamp. My motivation to get to Lvl 90 again is low until they release Sylas too.

Despite the lackaluster Halloween event I liked the Anniversary sales and bingo board even though the best thing I got from the boxes were unbinds :arghfist:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I have several complaints, but I think the most damning one is that you need to knock him off a ledge to win.

:agreed:

I can kill him but sometimes he just won't fall off the side. Right now, I'm really regretting adding awakenings on all my skills since I didn't realize how fast Ari burns through them all.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ougher posted:

I'm starting up, and since it sounds like there is no goon presence on the west server, I'm making a character on east, even though I live in the west. I play at odd hours for my timezone most of the time, but I'm not really worried about being able to group with people all the time, just would like the benefits of a guild. Which guild should I send an app to? I'd also welcome any tips or suggestions on what to focus on, like what skills I should pick up first and learn to use, etc. Playing as Hurk cause I love me some big fuckoff swords and it sounds like hes a pretty good solo character, since most of my time playing will probably be solo.

Not really, as East is slightly more populated than West. I'm also on East as Lexane so that's always a bonus. There's no official SA guild AFAIK though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Number 19 comes from Excavator Gianoo (Misty Moonlight, Malina). No one knows what the raid is yet.

There's a Nexon Player Appreciation Event starting tomorrow and it seems pretty crappy. Graces, blessing stones, seven days of VVIP, and a seven-day Cadet Badge. Woo. Cool. And it's one character per account.

I lost interest in bingo after missing 2x numbers but lol divine stones all over again. I guess I'll just stack the LUK badge with the Devotion ring for 3x the junk drops :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

- This whole thing is pissing people off so they refuse to buy anything

I wonder how this is all going to wash out.

I always have to question when people are trying to debate whether or not buying a $3 pouch for $4 is worth it. Welp, I hope everyone enjoys their scrolls.

There's still S3 Episode 4 and a new chara launch to look forward to in the next few months.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

They don't care about the alts; they care about ~Free Stuff~

Also, there's a "new" event. It's that stupid Gold Junior Chieftain upgrade event so it's not new. It's also completely irrelevant to your life if you don't already have a junior chieftain pet now or in the near future. This is arguably better than an event that encourages you to play on alts you don't like.

I like free stuff. Also, the boxes have enhance/enchant runes which is always nice. Not going to farm because farming is terrible but I'd be happy if I got another free rune.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Too late already married Sylas in-game. I can't wait for another doll for my collection.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

is that just fiona with hurk's sword

It sounded better on paper. So I heard a few Fiona players jumped ship and now moving on to the next chara.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Is there anything here that makes her more than a sexy Hurk?

I can't say if I'm surprised and I'd rather have a new wep than a remake of Greatsword.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

They should probably give any new weapons to the characters who already exist. How long has it been since non-sexy Hurk was added? He's the oldest character who still only has one weapon, right?

It has been awhile. I'm still waiting on uncapping skills for Ari.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

At first we thought Hurk didn't get a second weapon because he was already op. Now we know its just so they can make more waifus and husbandos and sell more underpants. We are trapped by this underpants economy. At least they are safe from Ferghus.

let's celebrate

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Morglon posted:

We already have him on EU and it makes it surprisingly hard to actually get end game groups with everybody playing him. Also he's so sugoi very kawaii I can't even bring myself to even make one to try out.

Eh I can't wait :3:

Typically I will host all my runs so I don't mind a harem of Slyas with my Ari.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Morglon posted:

So apparently they have this contest where you get a thing when you're the first one with him to 90. I just did a Crescent Moon Island with one and I'm jealous as Arisha. He gets a much better teleport so he's much faster and also he gets to heal. That guy was super pushy though which I guess is understandable when you want to win the thing but drat it man let me grab my loot. Also I hate that place, everything flies and is poisoned.

It auto-loots at the end of the longer runs. Ugh, I keep looking at the race to 90 title but I just don't want to no-life grind exp like maple all over again. Yes, his teleport is a lot better than Ari but I'm only lvl 16 :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Morglon posted:

Even in all the Malina poo poo? Even if that's the case my OCD won't allow me to actually leave that stuff behind. There's also tons of poo poo about the game I don't know because the wiki is terrible, the translation sucks and guide videos mainly consist of people doing sick moves and then jerking themselves off. Maybe this time I'll actually invest the time, 80 gear is still prohibitively expensive and actually got more expensive after the patch but 90 gear is super cheap and still getting cheaper, just have to power through the last couple of levels with my mostly 70 gear.

It's OK, I'll always be here for you :smith:

Also, most of the drops are trash in S2 with the exceptions of breaks and rares so I stopped caring umm 2-3 yrs ago. Have you tried seal farming? You can a full set of Lvl 80 items in a few weeks if dedicated enough. I was extremely lazy on my Evie alt and I still hit 17k with 175 titles.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kuai posted:

Why every time I want to play Vindictus again they release a new character in KR that makes me want to wait again.

Eh I guess you can wait another yr or so when they release Delia overseas if the game is still around then :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sylas is a mage who controls his magic with Phantom Daggers which build up shards for ranged attacks on enemies. Currently he is the only male INT character released so far.

Also he is the prettiest male character :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Morglon posted:

So if you're playing the Korean thing are there any changes to make Arisha's block not worthless?

Whatttt? MB is the best in-game block :colbert:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Morglon posted:

Also while I'm ranting what is it about Sylas that makes people who play him so obnoxious? I mean the community in general is pretty poo poo but I've had tons of problems with Sylas players lately like them failing trials of Macha on purpose, opening doors with normal boxes and just generally demanding everything be done their way instead of just playing.

Honestly that's pretty much every character in the entire game. A lot of lower level player are going die a lot due to low stats in the beginning. I don't think most people fail runs on purpose unless you mean the don't break armor/revive oaths.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The latest event looks lame :catbert:

Also return of the gatchapon outfitters. Really?! I just wanted some new clothes not RNG.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The things I do for hats :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

I only have to last a few more weeks to dragon's dogma PC. Also I know priest isn't in this box but it could be if we ever get it and ugh.

I still think it won't be a gachapon for the battle priest/nun outfitter mostly b/c why :catbert:

Also, the chances for this particular item is just horribly low and I haven't seen anyone on mega win it online.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

If you just want a free permanent inner armor for one of your less-favorite characters, that's slightly over four straight days online. That's not too bad, I guess.

Worth it for more kawaii clothes for Evie. Also, free runes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Farking Bastage posted:

Seriously? I have 15k with a +10 70 weapon FFS. People do need to level ya know

It's 3x as worse when I see it on S2 raid trains over mega :btroll:

I have 14k on my Sylas with +8 PH WITH a DP scroll.