Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Where have you been Hulu? You just drop in, call me names and disappear. It's very sad.

I'm on hiatus until I get my revamp and god drat priest outfit and I'm playing xcom instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

That reminds me I need to sell my int rings.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The nerf bat update is live on Korean servers. I'll see if I can get a better update for y'all but uh, RIP Sword Lann

Thanks Obama

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Yet they still won't release my fukken priest outfit ugh.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am gonna be mad if my priest outfit is in an rng box and buy 500 of them anyway.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Morglon posted:

Well we don't even get tears in the box, just on the forums. I picked up two with some NX I had left over and got bath soap and a fishing rod you can buy in game that's worth 200 gold. So no, not worth it.

Meh, just got XCom 2 and the new Homeworld instead.

I only have to last a few more weeks to dragon's dogma PC. Also I know priest isn't in this box but it could be if we ever get it and ugh.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Morglon posted:

Yeah how's that game anyway, it looks like something I might be interested in but if it's too Dark Souls I'm gonna pass.

It's a far more forgiving game than Dark Souls and one of the main features is being able to climb all over large monsters.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Spoiler: there's only like three you get to do that.

No there's a whole bunch of monsters you can climb on. Whether or not you should climb it is a different story, but just about everything bigger than you can be climbed.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Man they really want their "people online" metrics to look good. I guess someone important at nexon just thinks "more people online = better" and attendance events weren't enough. I guess I can afk all day for some free garbage though, hooray employment.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also starting today, you can buy Equis Runes (100% success) and Equis Enchant (bullshit) in the depot.

Dos Equis runes?!?!?!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You know we were just talking about how on EAST we never see this anymore. Are you on EAST? If so let me know cause I am sure I can round up some people to run S2 Raid train. ::)

No you won't find anyone we're all busy afking for free garbage.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hey now -- I can sweet talk Henne, Teeth, Koffee and usually Bread into almost anything.

I like how well my nicknames for people stick.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

Seriously?!

Seriously? I have 15k with a +10 70 weapon FFS. People do need to level ya know

Misty summit sucks for exp anyway, it and moonlight peak are the worst S2 battles for EXP. 70-80 raids are like 500k each and 15k is just fine for them, you might even get money! Or if you really want to grind then do Autumn Reed Bed if you're 75+. If you aren't up to S3 then finish your quests because you get a shitload of exp from the story battles in S2.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

Is there a way to get through a story mode S2 raid without having to host it? I think my upstream at home is .5mbps

You can run them on easy (you miss out on the bonus xp but they are comically easy) or hope to find someone else hosting.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Anime princess dress up with sides of monster punching, grinding, and bifurcated bears.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I hope they keep easy mode in s2 for ap farming :ohdear:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

What the entire gently caress? So new players are stuck with Season 1 content all the way until they hit 70? gently caress that noise.

After the revamp of S1 quests it's not really unreasonable to hit 70 by the time you finish them (at which point you get to be brutalized by the soon to be even harder S2 quests :getin:)

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The worst part of Muir is when you're flinching him but he isn't moving.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

We're going to get Battle Priest and Battle Nun outfits soon. I don't care. I only want the Battle Rabbi outfit.

loving FINALLY

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm glad I'm working so I'm not sitting at my PC f5ing all day.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Well maybe ship gy might be worth doing if half the bosses aren't total bullshit.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Does anyone know yet how the new S2 brackets work? Is the old 70-80 mode unchanged as "hero mode" and the new 70-79 and 80-90 brackets are both easier versions?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

I did an 80-90 kraken and it seemed to be around as hard as the old 70-80 kraken. I also started an Easy (70-90) Twilight Desert run to kill Advisor Shamir for a quest. Turns out Easy is still easy and he went down in two hits. I'm going to guess 70-80 is somewhere in between the two in difficulty.

From this I'm guessing they changed absolutely nothing except the level brackets for 5069 and 7080 which sounds like exactly what I would expect from nexon lmfao.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Too bad they didn't reduce the amount of running in circles chasing chests in the S2 battles. I like the fights in TD but man it's like 10 minutes of fighting and an hour of running around.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

At least in story mode, they supposedly moved the bosses. I don't know why they wouldn't have moved them for non-story mode as well.

TD and Misty/Moonlight are so loving long.

CMI is a huge pain, but I solo'd it on sammich last night in about 20-25 minutes, which sin't bad.

CMI and ship aren't too bad on running unless you get real lovely chest order or no machas. They both had several super bullshit annoying bosses that all got nerfed though, which is good. TD and moonpeaks bosses are pretty reasonable except that loving bomb gremlin.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Did they nerf Ikrum, because good loving god.

I don't think they touched any td bosses beyond fixing some bugs. Ikrium isn't bullshit he's just hard. Except for when he hits you 4 times with one attack that's kind of bullshit.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

It turns out there's a nice bug/exploit with fishing that allows you to use the event fishing poles indefinitely to get a billion event boxes of garbage.

You know, in case you don't want to actually play the game.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Do not anger Black Tornado III.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

It's you who gets moved around for your convenience, not the bosses. What happens in story battles is this: You start in section A, enter the portal to section B, and get teleported to a section that's one section away from the target boss. Now you don't have to cross several maps that contain nothing but trash mobs.

This is acceptable.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Zarick posted:

Thinking about playing this again. Are any of the characters just lovely and underpowered, or is balance between them reasonably good? Anyone comically overpowered?

No characters are lovely except sword Vella who's getting revamped soon, and Lynn who nobody plays anyway. Evie and Hurk are both the closest to comically overpowered but you have to have good gear and play well to get there.

I say this as a career sword Vella who barely plays at the moment because I'm waiting for the revamp.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Chain Vella is also bad. My level 90 with 21k ATT tends to do as much damage in Season 2 raids as my level 80 scythe Evie with 18k M.ATT. Alas, I wouldn't say Vella is going to be revamped "soon." There's still the Kai revamp, the Delia release, and the next episode of Season 3 to get through first.

I agree that Evie is a very good character to play. Staff Evie is hugely dangerous and the upgrades to Mana Amber mean it's easier than ever to not die. Scythe Evie has excellent mobility and also hits pretty drat hard. Just remember to keep Insane Reaper up when you can because she uses a lot of stamina if you're spamming Blink -> Blade Shift.

Sorry I meant "soon"(tm).

And chain Vella still does respectable damage but I'm pretty sure sword Vella is the worst.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The cloth outfit is pretty fab. GREEN poo poo is also coming. I am ready for Lou Dobbs.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

Trying to duo through Season 1 with a friend again, but we've run into a roadblock, between Ahglan the Golem and Titan (or rather, this is the same roadblock that caused us to leave the game in the first place). Game is a ghost town. He plays Twinsword Vella, I play Arisha (from the west coast, on satellite internet). What should our strategy be, aside from waiting for another infinite respawns day? Are there any guilds on east still with goon presence? Neither one listed in the OP showed up on search.

You can do any season 1 or 2 raid on "easy" mode which is solo only but extremely trivial. Season 1 raids really have very little incentive to run at all these days so you aren't likely to get groups for them.

Lion Heart is still around but the guild search is broken so you have to use the guild master's name to search and apply instead (Relecroix). You can PM me or whisper Holodeck ingame if I'm on and I can let you in. It's not a goon guild but it's got a few goons and overall chill people.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Kuai posted:

any ETA on Delia?

Probably before any more revamps, definitely after Lugh Dobbs.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

As always, the most important thing is new underpants.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Actually, the most important thing is titles. There's an easy title for doing the Easter egg quest and a hard title for beating Lughie Armstrong.

This is true and also the underpants are garbage so.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

The King Kai and Vella revamps are coming.

The only new Vella thing that interests me at all is Blood Fountain. It's pretty annoying to be in a raid like Elchulus or Lakoria and have the boss run off right after I use Heart of Ice. Maybe they dealt with a bunch of the Vella bullshit in the bugfixes...

About fukken time I get my sword revamp I guess it's time to actually play this game again.

Also the sword changes are really good but sword Vella is probably still bad.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 14, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Today is the fukken day (that I start adding another 5000 hours to my steam time on this bad game) because shiny new swords baby.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

New thread time? :getin:

Or should we wait for Delia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Vellupdate: new crosscut is weird.