Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Division
This poll is closed.
Dan Marino 6 15.38%
Joe Namath 2 5.13%
Joe Montana 5 12.82%
Bart Starr 3 7.69%
I'm Not in the League, but I like Voting in things 23 58.97%
Total: 38 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

Literally 7 of the lowest 8 draft scores are in the playoffs.

ESPN keeps up its stellar record of projections as always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just want to know who I'll be solid state pooing on

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Wait, why aren't the playoffs already set? Why would we deviate from what ESPN has already selected based on the league settings? Not sure what I missed. I'm ready to lay the smack down on a silly burrittttoooo.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

commish posted:

Wait, why aren't the playoffs already set? Why would we deviate from what ESPN has already selected based on the league settings? Not sure what I missed. I'm ready to lay the smack down on a silly burrittttoooo.

It's been that way for years. One of the 8-5 NFC teams isn't making it.

This is why we should expand the playoffs to 16 teams. :colbert:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

commish posted:

We've been doing it this way for 7 years.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

commish posted:

Literally since the first season I've been doing it this way and in the OP no one reads it details the process.

4 teams from each conference.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Literally since the first season I've been doing it this way and in the OP no one reads it details the process.

quack quack

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Lol remember how mad people got at that?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Don't be so hard on him, guys. He probably didn't know because this is the first season his team has been good enough to even make the playoffs.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JetsGuy posted:

Lol remember how mad people got at that?

What was this?

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

commish posted:

i remember the first time i made the playoffs

e:fb

jabro posted:

Don't be so hard on him, guys. He probably didn't know because this is the first season his team has been good enough to even make the playoffs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

What was this?

Season 5 OP.

quote:

Members
Priority goes to the 19 lucky gents (and 1 gal) who got into the league last year. These guys will have til about Aug. 1 to tell me IN THIS THREAD that they are going to participate (if they didn't already in the Season 4 thread). I am not psychic, and I really don't keep up with HILARIOUS INSIDE JOKES, so I do not know if you've changed your username, so you know, lemme know if you did that. If you've actually read this far, and you're a returning member, make a post with the word "quack" to get a prize. Also, if you're changing your team name, tell us so we can update the OP. IF YOU ARE A RETURNING MEMBER, ALSO POST IN THE LEAGUE PAGE TO CONFIRM YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ.

The prize:

quote:

Your prize is as follows: When I get the draft order later today, you are able to move up (or down) 1 spot from wherever you get placed.

Thank you for actually reading the OP.

The only ones who did it were tuckfard, darkwolf220, and me. Your very next response:

quote:

Haha that's such bullshit, I'd actively think less of anyone reads the full OP of a league they've been in for four full seasons.

Quack!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
The AFC was very easy and straight forward, as bbf2 said.

1 - Zoltan (Division winner)
4 - PoM (WC2)

2 - Baller Status (Division Winner)
3 - Crab Legs (WC1)

NFC sucks.

1 - Solid State (Division WInner)
4 Deflated Bush

2 Akron
3 RATED R

First to determine who wins the Romo Division (seed 2)
As always: http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

1) Of course they tie H2H
2) Akron 6-2 in the division, Rated R is 4-4. Akron Wins the division.

WILD CARD
So we are left with three 8-5 teams, only two can get in on the WC.

We start with the rules for 3+ . Rule 1 there states that we apply the divisional tiebreaker so that only ONE person can survive the process from each division. So we focus on Drew Squeeze and Deflated Bush.
1) They split in their H2H
2) In the division, Drew Squeeze is 4-4, Deflated Bush is 5-3. Burrito is out. Sorry brah.

So with that done, who gets seed 3 and who gets 4?

We now go to the two team tie breaker for WC (Rated R, Deflated Bush)
1) Deflated Bush luckily played RATED R this year. He lost, RATED R gets seed 3.

THere you go, we're done.

I'm not doing the consolation bracket, get over it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Not unexpected, but still disappointing. drat. Good luck Montana teams.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

What a silly system for doing playoffs.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

commish posted:

What a silly system for doing playoffs.

you serious?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
IF serious:

I use the NFL rules because the schedules are specifically made (by me) so that you play your division twice, (most) of the other division in your conference, and then like 1 OOC game.

Win your divisional games, try to win your conference games. With 20 teams, we obviously can't play everyone so here we are.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Thanks for the explanation, Jets. I understand the thinking behind it, but I will always believe that the best teams should make the playoffs. With the way this is set up, in theory a team that is 5-8 could make the playoffs over a team that is 9-4, simply because the 5-8 team won his division and the 9-4 team lost his division and lost on the tiebreaks to another 9-4 team. That should never happen in fantasy. There's a reason why, even in the NFL, everyone hates the stupid playoff seeding system.

At the end of the day, this is a league just for fun and there's no money attached, so I'm fine with whatever we do. :)

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
This league is better run than the NFL. :smug:

We punish cheating, unlike Goodell.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

And here, the wives beat the husbands.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Eltoasto posted:

And here, the wives beat the husbands.

I've renamed all my tank tops "husband beaters".

I didn't stand a chance this season though. My team has been a total shitshow.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Lo, there do I see my Father, O'Dan
Lo, there do I see my sister, Braksgirl, and my brothers, JetsGuy, bbf2, and tadashi
Lo, there do I see the line of my people...
Back to the beginning (the draft)
Lo, the Dan Marino Division does call to me.
They bid me take my place among them (again).
In the halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever.

JuicedSixFo fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 10, 2015

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
Did I make the playoffs or not so much?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I knew I had Spiller on my roster for a reason! Prepare to be destroyed :twisted:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Well, I think the biggest swing performance in the Tony Romo showdown matchup is gonna be the Cardinals defense vs. Minnesota (oh god I need Minnesota's offense to work)

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
For some reason I did not think I made the playoffs in this league. I guess I managed to sneak in as the last WC. I think in the last few weeks have I had 6 people O or IR for multiple weeks, though granted one of them was Kaepernick getting the gentleman's bench.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

For some reason I did not think I made the playoffs in this league. I guess I managed to sneak in as the last WC. I think in the last few weeks have I had 6 people O or IR for multiple weeks, though granted one of them was Kaepernick getting the gentleman's bench.

This means you're destined to crush me

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

With this roster, I think I very well may win this thing. Good luck to those who play me.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

It sure would've been nice to have Cam Newton play more than two and a half quarters with Russell Wilson breaking 40 points but w/e I've still got OBJ and the Giants D/ST tomorrow

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
I kinda knew all season long that when I actually needed Rivers he would poo poo the bed.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

I kinda knew all season long that when I actually needed Rivers he would poo poo the bed.

Riversface

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BabeLiker90 posted:

I just want to know who I'll be solid state pooing on

Good game. Now bring it home to Montana. The division, not the state.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Another week, another victory for the Commish. Bring on Round 2 of the playoffs!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

And Keshawn Martin has a new season-high score in the first quarter. Neato.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Need 19 points tomorrow from OBJ + the Giants D/ST, and they've combined for that 10/12 weeks including their last 8 games straight. Let's do this~

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
I need Landry to come up with 18 points, which he's done three (almost four) times this season – and I need DeVante Parker to throw up a zero, which he's done nine times.

Sure would be cool if I could have had that LaFell touchdown last night that was called back on a bullshit hold that didn't affect the outcome of the play.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Power of Pecota posted:

Need 19 points tomorrow from OBJ + the Giants D/ST, and they've combined for that 10/12 weeks including their last 8 games straight. Let's do this~

I only I had played Starks

May the best Romo win!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

jabro posted:

Good game. Now bring it home to Montana. The division, not the state.

If my home is ever the state of Montana I had better be a horse or bear

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

tuckfard posted:

I only I had played Starks

May the best Romo win!

For sure.

Just 7.1 second half net points lets goooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Do my eyes deceive me or is this a Marino-free NFC and AFC championship????

• Locked thread