Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Using the Hola extension lets non-US users watch videos on the US site, but it's an annoying extension sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Roro posted:

Using the Hola extension lets non-US users watch videos on the US site, but it's an annoying extension sometimes.
IIRC, Hola steals your bandwith. Can't recall a good free alternative VPN offhand though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The kindergartners are all going to meet with terrible fates some day, but for now they're adorable and we had some fun finding them.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Hello everyone. Today we're going to tackle the first proper dungeon of the game. Are you excited? I know I am. Let's hop to it!

The control pad is a pretty handy tool. Each direction corresponds to a different menu shortcut.

Here we can see Princess Kenny's profile page. We'll use her the majority of this upcoming dungeon, so that'll be plenty of time to cover what she can do.

But first, I believe last time I made vague promises about showing you how farts can clear barriers.

It's obvious the game intends you to open this treasure chest right at this point in time. It's right on your way over to the school and contains valuable mana restoratives. In this game, snack foods restore health, energy drinks restore PP, and mana is restored by... well, a large variety of foods. Pictured here are buffalo wings. You can also drink apple juice, eat cauliflower, burritos, or a whole glazed ham. Basically all the gassy foods.

You don't want to eat too many mana restoratives, however. I'll show off why in a different update.

So, let's see what Kenny can do. Her basic attack is to shoot with her bow.

A simple enough action command.

And pretty decent damage!

Royal Kiss both deals damage and applies the gross out debuff.

The timing is a bit finicky on this.

As such. Kenny got grossed out from the kiss. Though on the upside, we made the elf puke.

: You need my help, you give me call. I'll be all over your enemies like smog on Shanghai.

While it's a tempting offer, we'll be just fine without his help. These upcoming fights aren't very hard still.

Well then, shall we go to school?

poo poo. Looks like Mr. Mackey is in charge of the detention.

: Craig... Craig this is DETENTION, mkay, stop looking at your watch because you are here for THREE HOURS, buddy! Mkay!

: Whatever.
: Don't think your friends are gonna come bust you out this time, Craig!
: My name is Feldspar and I'm a level six thief and the humans will soon rescue me from this tower.
: No, your name is fuckin' CRAIG TUCKER and you're in DETENTION! Now start doing your homework! Mkay I've got all the doors SEALED and I've got hallway monitors working overtime - nobody is gonna save your rear end today, Craig, mkay?!

Elves sneak up on us after we look in the window, so here's Kenny's next ability.

I knew I should have taken the Rat Swarm ability. It looks so useful in practice.

lovely Dishonored jokes aside, let's get to it.

: Excuse me, but school is OUT and no students allowed on the premises until tomorrow at 7:30 am.

: I warn you! Stay away from the doors! One step towards those doors and I will be forced to write you up!

The hall monitor also has dialogue for if you approach the doors or even talk to him.

: You are in breach of school law and must be punished.

I don't do either. I shoot his rear end with the bow and then smack him with a stick.

Before I show off Kenny's Charm ability, all these hall monitors we're about to fight have idle dialogue.

: (idle) You're a bad seed!
: (idle) Make my day, kid!
: (idle) I see we are all at a stalemate.
: (idle) Let's see what you've got!
: (idle) I am just itching to use this referral slip.
: (idle) They're gonna eat you alive in detention.

So... Kenny's Charm ability... Yes I'm stalling. You'll understand just why in a minute. Anyway, the Charm ability is the kind of thing you only use once. Like ever. All it does is debuff an enemy's attack.

I'm pretty sure just by virtue of having made that gif I'm now on like sixteen different government watchlists.

Anyway, the ginger goes down pretty fast after that so let's cut to the end of the fight.

: Officer down, officer down! Send backup!

: I repeat, officer down! All hallway monitors to the right hallway!
: Oh, god dammit!

: Heeeeere they come.
: They aren't gonna GET you, Craig! You're not getting out of detention!
: I'll be out of here in ten minutes.

: Mmmrmph mmrmm mphrm mmm mrm. Mmmphmm mmmrmmm mmrphmm mm mmmrmm mmphmmm mphmmm.
: Careful, Douchebag. This dungeon holds many secrets. For centuries, these halls went unmonitored, but then the evil Overlord Mackey rose an army of gingers to protect his precious after-school detention. Now these minions lurk the halls terrorizing and suspending the innocent.

Occasionally your companions will comment on various things. If Kenny's dialogue is remotely intelligible, I'll post it. Otherwise it'll just be a bunch of "mmmphmmm"s and that's not really readable. Anyway, after that little interlude we're free to loot the place. We find a new weapon attachment!

This adds 20 gross damage on hit. So it replaces the fire effect on the beat stick.

Like so.

We can also find this trophy case on one side of the main entrance. If I had thought about it at the time, I'd have also grabbed a shot of the display on the opposite side. It'll be something I grab next time I record. I miss several obvious things in the school, so I'll double back into it to grab everything I missed.

: I forgot to mention that the school has gingers on hall monitor duty. If you get bit, you're already dead so don't come back here and infect the rest of us.

The only unlocked doors are over to the right hallway.

: (pushing over chairs as you enter) Intruder alert!
: Initiate security protocol!

: poo poo, more of them! See if there is a way to take them all out at once.

: We've established a perimeter.
: Come quietly!
: Hands where I can see em.
: Throw down your weapons!
: You lawbreakers make me sick.
: You're just making it harder on yourself.
: Turn back. We've got a roadblock set up.
: Every step you take is another ten demerits.
: Hostile action will be met with force and referrals.
: Counselor Mackey has issued a warrant for your apprehension.
: You'll never escape the long arm of Counselor Mackey's justice.
: The school's locked down! You've failed.
: (if you shoot down loudspeaker) You missed!

This is why you never give 9 and 10 year olds a modicum of power. It goes straight to their heads. The ginger on the far side of the image is pushing the table over.

A lit cigarette is falling onto the stack of papers.

Oh no, a fire! We'd be remiss if we didn't put it out.

That's how you put flames out, right? By farting on them?

For what it's worth, the basement door is locked. We'll be back here much later in the game and we'll have to go that way then.

: You're not gonna get through this door. Mkay. You might as well give up because I have hidden the key somewhere and you'll never find it in my office. Aw, dammit... mkay.

Is it kind of weirding anyone else out to hear Mr. Mackey dropping blue like that? I mean, he did once sing a song about abstaining from cursing. So to hear him cursing like a sailor is kind of messing with me.

: There's another one of those soulless bastards. Take him out.
: (in front of MACKEYS OFFICE) He-he said the gold key's in his office.

: (in front of MACKEYS OFFICE) (The gold key is behind that door.)

: (if you try to open MACKEYS OFFICE) Aw, we can't get in without the silver key.
: (if you try to open MACKEYS OFFICE) (loving bullshit!)

This is the official introduction to killing enemies with the environment. From here on, every dungeon will have several opportunities to do so. There is never a downside, so why not?

For instance here, the game wants you to shoot down the hanging fluorescent light. I'm also not sure where else to put it, so here's a bunch of dialogue from the hall monitors.

: (initiating fight) Where's your hall pass?
: (initiating fight) Unauthorized pedestrian!
: (beginning fight) Your referral is as good as written.
: (beginning fight) I like my hallways CLEAN!
: (being hit) I'm taking fire!
: (being hit) Help!
: (fleeing) We're overrun!
: (fleeing) Standing down

Anyway, while we're here, let's try and blend in some.

: Legend says there's a sixth grader hall monitor who has a ZILLION freckles and a clipboard made of human bone. They say he has a freckle for each kid he's suspended.

As we come into this hallway, we can hear something behind the faculty lounge door.

: Search him!
: No... NO! Get away from me you freaks!
: (if you try to open door) (We'll need the brass key in order to open this door!)
: Come on, we gotta find the brass key!

: The protector of the brass key will never surrender!

Because this game is a Paper Mario-alike, that means that our companions can also do special things outside of battle. It's not as easy to tell who to use where, though. You just kinda have to use a companion and if they're not right, they'll give you a hint on who to use.

: (if you don't point at anything) Why, that'd just be silly.
: (if you try to command him) I- I can only heal, y-you need someone who can charm.
: (if you try to command him) Well I'm flattered you thought of me, but I-I wouldn't even know where to begin!
: (Your word is the command, my lord!)
: (This is a job for Kenny! Helloo! Over here big boy!)

: Oh wow! Boobies...

: Must have... must touch... boooobies...

Clocking someone in the head with a mirror has got to hurt.

We can enter the room on the left. There's nothing in it.

: Why do dungeons even have these kind of stupid rooms where there's nothing to do?

It does add some flavor to the world, but this is pretty boring as far as pointless rooms in rpgs go.

Anyway, there's some gingers over to the right. One of them has the brass key we need!

The sparkle is your clue. Also the fact that the Bull-etins board is hanging askew.

Two with one blow is pretty good!

: Hey gingers! Your hearts are as black as your noses are brown!
: You can take the brass key from my cold, dead hands!

This fight is pretty neat as far as subtle tutorials go. In the hallway we knocked out two of the gingers with a bulletin board, and in the fight the two gingers are now in a KO state. The third one, by the way, is dazed because I shot him with an arrow.

: More officers down! We're taking heavy casualties out here!

: Dammit, you hallway monitors need to stop playing around!
: He's got the brass key! He's some kind of Dragonborn!
: Now, look, this is detention time, not time to play Dungeons and Dragons! And besides, he's never gonna get inside here because to open the door, you need the gold key and the only way to get the gold key is by getting the silver key, mkay, which even if he HAS the brass key, he still hasn't made it past the boss level. Mmkay.

Well we do have the brass key now at least.

One of the gingers has a dodge ball we can pick up.

This doesn't look very good. I don't know, because I've honestly never used it. It might be a lot better than it appears, but I still prefer the Mongorian Bow for its guaranteed three hits. That's triple bleeding!

The brass key opens the faculty lounge.

This one cigarette is going to start a chain reaction that allows us to clear every fight in here without ever putting ourselves in danger.

: He's here! Guard the key!

The cigarette is shot into the fireworks box.

Fireworks fly around wildly.

One hits a ginger and takes him out instantly.

: Forget the key! Protect the front lines!

: Wow, lucky there was a box of fireworks just sitting there.

The other one comes to hide under the precarious stack of books. They "accidentally" fall on him after being shot with an arrow.

Finally a Dragonshout clears the other two gingers in the room.

Why the gently caress is there a... you know what? I don't care.

Anyway, we need to swap to butters for this next part.

You can see he has a natural ability here called "Born Victim." It's a pretty neat way of making him the tanky partner.

: (Oh man, that kid needs some HELP!)
: That kid looks hurt pretty bad.

We tell Butters to use his comforting pat on this poor tortured boy.

: Thanks, I thought I was a goner! There were too many of them. They were too strong, their hair too red... Maybe you can take this silver key and find the gold key. You can succeed where I have failed! Free Mackey's prisoners!

Let's finish our going undercover. Now we look just like one of them.

:stonk: What the gently caress. This is making me cringe just looking at it. gently caress. God.

WHY IS IT IN THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE?

Let's leave before my head explodes from the what-the-gently caress meter maxing out.

Mackey's office is our next destination.

: I sure hope the gold key is in there or else the quest for the silver key has been all for nothing.

: Be careful, Douchebag. This is Mackey's lair. One wrong step and we could end up in detention!

The only worthwhile loot in here is the gold key.

: (The gold key! Now we can go rescue Craig!)
: The gold key... no human has ever laid hands on it before. Let's hope it holds the power to unlock the cafeteria door.

The video link below has the boss fight as well.

Video:

: That's far enough, intruder!

: Where's your hall pass?

I'm pretty sure this is the only boss title card in the game. :allears:

: No hall pass? Then it's time to write you a referral.

: Oh, yeah, that's the boss. Good luck fighting the boss, mkay. You still think this is a game, young man?

: (beginning fight) Deadly force is authorized! (two other MONITORS join him) Raaargh!
: (idle) Ten demerits!
: (idle) Stop this tomfoolery!
: (idle) Not in my hallway!
: (idle) This is going on your permanent record.
: (idle) I'll see you hang for this, New Kid.
: (idle) You young punks, always thinking you're above the law... of the hallway.
: (idle) I didn't work my way up through the bus patrol to answer to you, cur!
: (idle) Trespassing in the school's halls is tantamount to trespassing in the office of Principal Victoria herself!
: (NO HALL PASS, NO MERCY) You brought this on yourself!
: (NO HALL PASS, NO MERCY) I'm gonna scare you straight!
: (being hit) Assault!
: (being hit) Lawbreaker!
: (being hit) How dare you!
: (being hit) Counselor Mackey shall hear of this!

Presumably the NO HALL PASS, NO MERCY condition is an ability this guy shows off. This fight doesn't last long enough to see it, and in the play-through I did last week he was stunned the entire duration of the fight.

He hits reasonably hard, so you want to lock him down.

Alternatively you want to set him on fire. There's a lot to see in this image, so take your time. For instance we healed like 350 damage, he took 92 fire damage, we melted off 10 of his armor points, and our abilities now hit harder.

Red Death From Above is just one of his lackeys tossing sports balls at us. If they connect they cause bleed, so be sure to block.

: Use your power on him! Hurry!

Like the tutorial said, farting interrupts channeled spells. In this case, we interrupted his "NO HALL PASS, NO MERCY" ability. I looked it up on one of the wikis dedicated to this game, and the ability simply hits both members of your team and inflicts bleeding if not blocked. If you fail to interrupt the attack, Butters has some helpful words.

: Oh no, he cast his spell! We gotta stop him next time.

He also has another ability that I have never seen and until two minutes ago didn't know even existed. It's called "HE'S CALLING YOUR PARENTS" and it's an instant game over condition. It's also a two turn charge up, so you have no reason to ever let it cast.

: (HE'S CALLING YOUR PARENTS!) That's it! I'm notifying your parents.
: (THE PHONE'S RINGING...) It's ringing!
: (NOW YOU'RE IN FOR IT) Hello? This is the captain of the South Park hall patrol. Let me tell you what your son has been up to...
: (on your phone) That's it young man. You are grounded!
: Justice is served.

Really though, this fight is not hard at all even if you don't have all the patches and accessories I have equipped.

Douchebag also has a new ability. He got it at level 6 and it's really fun.

It hits the entire screen...

It also looks like it hurts a lot.

The fight's over when the boss dies. His minion just sits there staring at us in abject terror until the fight fades out.

This unlocks the locker directly behind us. I'll unlock it next time I record. If I remember correctly, there's a Chinpokomon in the locker.

ALL: Yay!

: drat YOU CRAAAAAIG!

: Thanks for busting me out, kid. Who are you? (pause) What's your name? (pause) Oh well, I'm heading to Kupa Keep. See you there I guess.

Craig adds us on Facebook. :toot:

And that marks the end of the first dungeon! Next time I'm gonna round up all of the stuff I missed and then we'll be able take the Stick back from those dirty elves.

Stay tuned.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
I had to redefine my :wtc: meter after playing this game.

Before: the dildos would have been a solid 9

After: a 5....maybe.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

mauman posted:

I had to redefine my :wtc: meter after playing this game.

Before: the dildos would have been a solid 9

After: a 5....maybe.

Yeah, after seeing events of night from day 2 to 3, dildos suddenly become really tame in perspective

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Considering Mr Garrison works at the school it's really no surprise there's a dildo just lying around like that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Having Bouncy at this point in the game isn't to helpful and especially as a Wizard that gets alot of group attacks anyway. But as a Thief the ability to put on any kind of status and then hit everybody with a single ranged attack that hits multiple times on each enemy is a great way to start off a fight was incredibly helpful.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, you're on a government watch list.

[img]http://lpix.org/2164821/south-park-s16e01c12-security-breach-4x3[1].jpg[/img]

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I was listening to a podcast (retsutalk maybe?) that had one of those super popular youtube lp'ers on it and he was complaining about how it would be impossible to LP this game for laughs because of all the care and humour the staff put into developing it. While a sad commentary on the state of super youtube LP'ers I'm glad you're doing it because I was curious about this game, and do want to see it.

MidnightHailstorm
Feb 10, 2014

DoubleNegative posted:

Douchebag also has a new ability. He got it at level 6 and it's really fun.

I love how Butters goes "gently caress em up!" when you use this ability. He just sounds so hyped up and argh that kid is adorable. :3:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that ridiculous chain damage and heal for like your entire health bar is a pretty dang wonderful thing to see.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone! Today's update is going to be mostly catching up with odds and ends. I turned off subtitles before recording this, so there won't be any more tiny yellow text on the images.

Let's get started.

There's a couple things I missed in the school.

I don't remember Pip dying, but it's still nice to see the school memorializing Mrs. Crabtree, Ms. Choksondik, Chef, Pip, and boy-with-orange-hair. (One of the 10,000 South Park wikis tells me the boy's name is Gordon Stoltski.)

The key to this locker was dropped by the boss we just defeated last time.

The Mace of Restoration is a really nice upgrade to our board-with-a-nail-in-it. It's an upgrade that doesn't last very long, though.

The last thing in the school that I missed is up in this broken ventilation grate.

My guide to the Chinpokomon claims you can't get this one until later. It fell out of the duct after I opened the ventilation register, so who knows.

This is in the garage of the house where the naked lady shut the door in our face. I mentioned this boy's existence several updates ago, and showed his dialogue then. However the chest next to him has some goodies too.

We have strictly better stuff now, but this where the last of the Druid set is.

We found this key in Tom's Rhinoplasty, and it opens this building. There's nothing inside but a generic townie and the following items...

Meh. Moving on...

Aw hell. Why not?

: Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you.

: It's me! Al Gore! You know, Al Gore! I'm super important. All right, look - I've detected some very strange activity in this area. I believe we are dealing with... MANBEARPIG!

: Yes, THE ManBearPig. I know you're scared but I need help. Take these and place them in the locations specified on the ManBearMap. Pig. And NOW I'm going to make you my friend on Facebook. This is VERY prestigious. You have my email now but don't give it out to ANYBODY. I'm super cereal. Hurry! We must know if ManBearPig is here or not!

: Come back when all the sensors are in place. EXCELSIOR!

We're now Facebook friends with former Vice President Al Gore. Why do I have a feeling I'm going to immensely regret helping him?

: Hello, my young friend! This is Al Gore! That's me, in the big profile picture! I am talking to you now.

Let's just move on and try to not think too hard about what we were asked to do.

: conspiracy articles "how do you know if you're being followed" "listening devices" "who to trust" "parents in on it?"
: AHHH! I didn't mean to post that! HOW DO I DELETE IT??????

Seriously, that kid needs to switch to decaf.

So let's go into the forest.

First things first, do not go into the forest if you don't know what you're doing. I have a specific destination in mind, so I know where to go. However, this forest is a traditional Zelda Lost Woods style forest. It's a maze spread across three or four different screens.

If you wander around enough while lost, eventually the sun will set and your parents will come to "rescue" you. When they find you, you get grounded. This functionally just respawns you at your house, though I'm unsure if it counts as a day passing for re-acquiring summon items.

These wolves are the other reason you do not enter the forest unless you know what you're doing.

This was a blocked attack. They are a random encounter that hits even harder than the first real boss of the game. (Bonus points if you can spot the continuity error.)

This is an attack you absolutely need to block. The timing is weird, because the block indicator doesn't appear until the wolf finishes humping your face.

See that "screwed" debuff? That's the South Park equivalent of the Doom debuff from Final Fantasy. Be sure to use a bottle of water if you get hit by it. I think it gives you 2 or 3 turns before you die.

This is the last thing those wolves can do. Yeah, they can spawn more of each other. You presumably could use this knowledge to grind to level 15, but why would you?

28 experience is not a lot for killing four wolves.

More damage from our dust of dreams punch is gonna be pretty handy as the game wears on.

Anyway, remember a few updates back when we saw Stan's invitation to a blood orgy? The arrows pointed out Right, Up, Right, Down, Right. Those directions are the specific exits we need to take in the forest to reach...

This glade.

Aww, how cute.

: Look at this, y'all. A New Kid's come into the forest to have his soul saved!
ALL: Yaaay!
: If you want your soul saved, all you gots to do is accept the one true Lord as your personal savior, and renounce all others as false idols.

: (if you RENOUNCE) But you GOTS to take the Lord into your heart if you want your soul saved!
ALL: (if you RENOUNCE again) Awww.
: We will pray for your soul every day

But who would renounce The One True Lord? Let's accept their offer.

: You're saved! Praise be to Satan, your new dread master! Now we can all be friends on Facebook.
ALL: Yaay!
: Hail Satan!

Hey wait a second...

: Soon will come the End of Days when our dark master will boil the oceans and lay siege to the gates of Heaven.

We just got 12 facebook friends for accepting The Dark Lord Satan into our hearts. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Also because the game only ever has like three of these cute little Satanists talking, here's all of their facebook faces and names.

Beary:

Rabbity:

Skunky:

Beavery:

Mousey:

Squirrely:

Deery:

Woodpeckery:

Porcupiney:

Foxy:

Chickadee-y:

Raccoony:

Finally, the perk we got for making friends with woodland creatures. A free attack up for using any item? Sign me up!

On the way out of the forest, we find more wolves. I think I took this shot to demonstrate how out of hand their calls for help could get. I think at this point I've defeated three more that were driven off.

Anyway, the forest has only one way out: go south, south, and south. No matter where you entered the forest from, you always come back out at the farm.

For the past several combat images, you may have seen my mana bar has warning stripes and a danger sign. Well, what happens if you use a mana restorative when you're maxed out?

There are several achievements for pooping yourself. This game is very mature and sophisticated.

Let's see what one of our new friends has to say.

: Having moments of doubt. If Satan exists, why does he let good things happen to good people?
Deery and Rabbity like this.
: Now cheer up, y'all. If he didn't give them hope, how could he ever crush their dreams?

: Chickadee-y has invited you to a Blood Orgy next Sunday.
Beavery and Woodpeckery like this.

: Craig is now single.
: Aww, sorry to hear that, buddy.
: Thieves work alone. She was holding me back.

I forgot something back at the farm. We're up on top of the barn next to the weather vane. This is one of the spots that Al Gore wants us to tape a monitor.

The second spot is up on top of the meth lab's roof.

Over to the right of the meth lab, we can find one of the bums we missed in our initial pass.

The mace of restoration seems to have the generic three hit combo.

Finally, there's a Big Game Hunter spot right here as well.

This is hardly a miniboss fight, so no video. Though I can show off Butters' last attack.

Each of your buddies has one ultimate attack in addition to their regular two. Butters' ultimate unleashes the power of Professor Chaos.

He stomps in on the screen like he's trying to appear big. It's absolutely adorable. :3:

The Professor Chaos attack uses one of five different attacks.

Life Drain: Causes a lot of non-elemental damage to every enemy and heals both Butters and Douchebag for 100% of damage dealt.

Chaos Cloak: Gives both Butters and Douchebag 9 shields of defense. This stacks with any previously existing shields of defense.

Chaos Blast: (This is the one we got in the image) Butters blasts the enemy with a non-elemental fireball attack, causing high damage.

Hammer of Chaos: Butters summons a gigantic hammer and smashes every enemy with it. This stuns all enemies on the battlefield for several turns.

Chaos Storm: This shoots up to five random targets with electric damage.

Just showing off the heavy strike here because the dog is gonna be defeated regardless.

Finally, clear across South Park over at Stark's Pond, we can put up the last ManBearPig sensor. Let's return to Al Gore.

: Good job, Junior Al Gorean! With all the sensors placed I can get a reading on my -

: I knew it! These are definitely hot ManBearPig readings! Come with me. I must put this data in the DataManBearPigBase!

I feel kinda bad for him. I don't think he has many friends.

His DataManBearPigBase is over in the storage lockers.

: Uh huh... Hmmmm... This is VERY interesting! The sensors have picked up ManBearPig underneath the ground of South Park! If you know anywhere you can get underground, go there at once and run this Defilibrator!

: Back again Junior Al Gorean? Have you found somewhere in the sewers to put the defilibrator?

We'll have to put this on the back-burner. We need to be able to explore deeper in the sewers before we can put the defilibrator on something.

More friends and more perks! We've got more than 45% of all available friends in the game. Being able to shrug off debuffs sooner than normal is always a good thing. I'm not exactly sure how this interacts with the Screwed debuff, though.

One last Chinpokomon before we report back to Kupa Keep.

Video:

This video has most everything through the rest of the update. It's just plot and magic training, though.

: Gentlemen, thanks to the new kid, our entire army is assembled! It is my belief that the new kid deserves to rank up in level.

: To honor his efforts, he will no longer be called "Douchebag." New Kid, I hereby dub thee - SIR Douchebag! Congratulations.

:toot:

: But now it is time for us to take back that which is rightfully ours. A carrier raven has come with news that the Stick of Truth has not yet been taken to the Elven Forest. It is in the possession of... the Bard.

: *gasp* The Bard?!
: Oh God! Not the Bard!
: The Bard is a level ten Drow Elf who can use magic to enchant and destroy his enemies!

: Are you ready to continue your training? Then make haste to the training grounds.
: The Bard has no honor.

Every time you gain a new rank, the game upgrades your starting armor, makes it a little flashier, and makes the bonuses on it a little better.

The wand seems nice, but we won't be using it. We're about to get something that deals a shitload more damage.

We won't be able to make something as utterly broken as the Friar armor with fire healing, but we can approximate it while still staying kickass.

I did a play-through last week that sold me on using the Buckyball magnets. 10% extra money adds up pretty dang quick.

We can refill our PP bar by using Dragon's Breath. And while we get some health back, we won't be able to face tank anything in the game anymore. Part of me is kind of disappointed, but there's no point in showing this game off if all I'm going to do is use a cheese strategy.

Anyway, let's go see what Cartman wants to teach us.

: I'm going to teach you how to use a RANGED magic attack. It's not easy, but being able to cup a spell from a distance can save you in battle. Allow me to demonstrate.

: HYAAA! Let me show you one more time. Watch closely.

: HYAAA! You see how it works? Now you try. Way back from where you're standing. Cup the magic, throw it at your opponent.

: (if you fail) No, no that's not it. Try again! Let me show you one more time. Watch closely. HYAAA! You see how it works? Now you try. Way back from where you're standing. Cup the magic, throw it at your opponent.

The process of casting Cup-a-Spell is exactly the same as Dragonshout. At least here. Out in the game proper, the only thing you need to do differently is actually aim it. It's probably the best go-to fart for this reason.

The tutorial timing is a little more forgiving, however.

: Yes, YES! But now let us see how you fare against a REAL opponent! Hey- hey Malkinson! Malkinson, could you come help us with something? (giggling) Shh, shh don't tell him this is gonna be sweet.

: Yes?
: Oh hey, Scott, could you um, spar with Douchebag real quick? He's gonna try out a new move.
: En garde!

: Now, Douchebag! Cup a spell!

: (if you fail) Come on, Douchebag, you let it slip right through your fingers. Try again.

: Aghgh! AHGHGGHHG!

: HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! DUDE THAT WAS SWEET! YOU THREW THAT poo poo RIGHT IN SCOTT'S FACE! Hahahaha. All right Scott, go back to your post. Thank you. Hahaha.

: Use it wisely in battle, Douchebag. And never on a man's balls.

: If the carrier ravens are correct, the Bard is hiding out at the Inn of the Giggling Donkey. We must find him before he's able to take the Stick back to the Elven Forest.

: LET US FIND THE BARD AND BRING HIM TO JUSTICE!
: MAKE HASTE TO THE GIGGLING DONKEY!

Before we join everyone at the Inn of the Giggling Donkey, let's talk to Malkinson. He's got some new stuff for sale.

: Douchebag, you'd better stock up on some powerups and potions. The Inn of the Giggling Donkey is a dangerous place!

Reminder that the wand we just got deals 16-22 x3. On its best possible series of hits it deals 66 damage. This sword on the other hand... At its absolute worst, this weapon deals 170 damage with its two hits. That's one hell of a difference! For this reason, this nice little thing will be our go-to weapon for the forseeable future.

Scott is the only vendor at this point in the game that sells mana restoratives. I buy as many as I can carry all of them.

Finally, we give our new bling-sword a patch that adds 10% additional damage on a perfect attack. If my math isn't wrong, that's 17 additional damage in the absolute worst case scenario.

Despite how overpowered we may seem right now, we've got some tough fights ahead of us. But we can handle them.

Let's recover the Stick of Truth!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Al Gore is one of the better sidequests in this game.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Blind Sally posted:

Al Gore is one of the better sidequests in this game.

Agreed, he's SUPER CEREAL.

Also, Tweak doesn't need to switch to decaf. He needs to switch to a different brand of coffee period. I admit when first playing this game, the meth thing was a high :wtc:. Course now that seems so tame :smuggo:

mauman fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 7, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I can't think of any gameRPG that has something happen when you overdose on restoratives.

EDIT: Oh wait, there was Lone Survivor. Let me rephrase that.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it's great. it's the best overdosing and you get an achievement for doing it multiple times.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

it's great. it's the best overdosing and you get an achievement for doing it multiple times.

Not only for doing it multiple times, but also for doing it in a boss fight!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks for doing this LP as a screenshot LP with gifs and optional videos. This is fantastic.

I can't get into youtube LP's, but SSLPs are just awesome. Thanks for all the bonus info too, it's great.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

I can't think of any gameRPG that has something happen when you overdose on restoratives.

AD&D also had something called "potion miscibility" which was essentially having stuff happen to you if you drink 2 potions within a certain amount of time. You'd roll a percentage and somthing would happen to you. With the worse possible result being that you explode :v:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

AD&D also had something called "potion miscibility" which was essentially having stuff happen to you if you drink 2 potions within a certain amount of time. You'd roll a percentage and somthing would happen to you. With the worse possible result being that you explode :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Gx8hYi0hQ

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think Witcher games qualify

Edit: I meant "Witcher", not "Wither", holy poo poo

dasmause fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 10, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When I last played Terraria there was a cooldown period in between potion consuming, at least for health potions. I haven't played in a while so I don't know if it's still around.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ka-me-ha-me....

Two questions:
If you keep fighting those dogwolves in the forest, and they keep calling friends, do their corpses just keep stacking up?

quote:

defilibrator
Is it really spelled like that?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

Two questions:
If you keep fighting those dogwolves in the forest, and they keep calling friends, do their corpses just keep stacking up?

I don't actually know if their corpses stack up. Those fights are not ones you want to prolong for obvious reasons. Those dog-wolves do not gently caress around! Though I guess it would be a good place to get the Avenger achievement.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is it really spelled like that?

According to google the spelling is "Defibrillator" but Al Gore says "defilibrator" :shrug:

C-Euro posted:

When I last played Terraria there was a cooldown period in between potion consuming, at least for health potions. I haven't played in a while so I don't know if it's still around.

Terraria's potion sickness just prevents you from consuming another for a minute after. It's also kind annoying if you're fighting bosses. :argh:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Worshipping Satan for Facebook friends is disturbingly powerful.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone. This is going to be a weird update. I'm also going to preface this with something that might stand out, a content warning. Usually you'd think that clicking on a South Park thread would be content warning enough, but the punchline to several "jokes" in this is "lol rape." Consider yourself properly warned.

This update is the longest one in the LP yet by a fairly wide margin. But it does take us to the end of Douchebag's first day in South Park. Are you guys ready for some poo poo to go down? Let's get the Stick of Truth back!

Video:

: There it is. The Inn of the Giggling Donkey.

: Paladin, are you sure the Bard is hiding out in there?
: That's what Twitter says.

: CARRIER RAVEN, Butters!
: So-sorry, that's what the carrier raven says.
: Craig and Token, guard the back door. Butters, Kenny, Sir Douchebag... let's go inside.

: Stay close, Sir Douchebag. The Inn of the Giggling Donkey harbors the scum of all Zaron.

: A glass of Meedlewine, please.
: No Meedlewine today, only Fairy Ale.
: A pint of Fairy Ale, then.

: So... has uh... anyone seen the Bard lately?

I never understood this trope, to be honest. Someone asks a seemingly-innocuous question and everyone in the bar turns to glare holes through them.

: A cup of Fairy Ale isn't much if not accompanied by some bardic poems and songs.

: Sure he's here, all right. He's got a room down in the cellar.
: Ah, and I shall pay handsomely for his services.

: Sir Douchebag.

: Butters, Douchebag, go down and flush him out. Princess Kenny and I will be waiting here to murder him. Remember, the Bard can use songs to enchant. Don't let him get to you.

Our mission seems easy enough. We just have to find this Bard and drive him to where Cartman and Kenny are waiting. I do like the spooky ambiance of the basement. There's absolutely nothing down here and the lights are off.

: Flush the Bard towards us. We'll do the rest.
: You think the Bard's really down here?
: I think I hear him.
: Hello?

If you look very closely at the edge of the above screenshot, you can make out the silhouette of the Bard.

Video:

: Oh Jesus, it's the Bard!

: Prepare for battle, w-w-w-weaklings! Elves, fall in!

: DOUCHEBAG! IT'S A TRAP!

: You should have never come here, h-humans. I am a level 10 bard, and with my lute I shall power up my elven guards with magical songs of encha - with magical songs of encha-cha - with magical songs of encha-chaaa... mag... magical songs of enchame-me-me...

The game actually popped up the "Hold to Skip" dialogue. Jimmy will keep stuttering over "magical songs of enchantment" until you skip, too.

: With magical songs of encha-chaaaa... mag- magical songs of enchame-me-me... with magical songs of encha-chaaaa... (this continues unless you skip)
: (after you skip) Magical songs of enchantment.

: (standing on a box in the background) There once was a maiden from Stonebury Hollow. She didn't talk much, but boy did she swallow.
: I have a nice lance that she sat upon. The maiden from Stonebury who was also your mom.

Jimmy isn't much of a fighter, but he's a very powerful bard. Each turn he'll alternate between the two above verses while granting the elves fighting for him a powerful buff.

Oh and just for the sake of edification...

Look at that damage. That was one swipe of the sword in its two-hit combo. :allears:

: Wow, what a butt kicking...

: Get down there and finish them off. I will protect the S-Stick of Truth.

This is pretty easy, truth be told. We can take out all of these elves without ever going into combat.

First off, a very important tutorial. See this cracked lantern? We can cup-a-spell at it. Unlike the tutorial we did last time, all we need to do is hold down on right thumbstick, aim with the left, and fire by pressing up in right thumbstick.

For precisely this reason, cup-a-spell will be our go-to spell for 90% of the game.

: Hey, Sir Douchebag! Up here!

Shoot the window to let Craig in and he'll take care of the remaining elves. Kinda.

He knocks over the blender, which catches fire. He also falls off the shelf and hurts himself.

: Ow! My ankle! I-I think it might be broken.
: Maybe I should take a look at it.

: Ah, gently caress me.

: My ankle. I-I think it's twisted. You guys go ahead. I'm done for.
: Happy to heal the thief but I need your command, my lord. That's how the game works.

Butters takes care of the injury...

: Thank you, noble paladin. My wound is healed.
: Can you get us upstairs? I think they locked us out.
: Nothing a level twelve thief can't take care of! You guys go ahead.
: Come on, let's get out of here.
: You guys go ahead.

First, we have a strict "no survivors" policy. As such...

:siren: Be absolutely sure you kill this non-hostile elf! This bow is permanently missable if you do not smack him!

It's a pretty nice bow, too. Guaranteed critical damage and three hits. Perfect to cause a little bleeding. Let's go help Cartman now.

: For the elf king!
: AHGHGH! Someone help!
: That came from the kitchen!
: Come on, the Wizard's in the kitchen! We gotta help him!

: Take that!
: Pathetic.
: Die Wizard!
: This is awesome.
: Elves are better! Say it!
: I saw him move! Keep beating on him!
: Not so tough when you get ambushed, huh?

This fight is nothing special at all. I would skip it completely had something interesting not happened.

A few updates ago I was saying how worthless the frost status is. I was wrong in my assessment. Most bosses aren't immune to frost damage, and being able to delay their turns is pretty handy. Anyway...

: Your word is the command, my lord. Shall I heal the king, my lord? Or maybe let him suffer just a little bit more?

If you're curious, you can beat the downed Cartman with a stick, and he has special dialogue if you do! That video also briefly showcases one ability of the Jew class, if you're interested.

: (coughs) His powers were too strong - the Bard. He's up in one of the rooms.

: (coughs) They took Princess Kenny! They took her upstairs. I'm sure they're going to rape her. Don't let them rape Princess Kenny! Myehhh...

Well poo poo. Let's go rescue Princess Kenny. Oh, and if you try to loot Cartman...

: I'm not dead, you can't loot me yet.

: The Wizard King is done for! Take out the New Kid while I go upstairs and make contact with the King of Elves.

: You're not getting past us, fucker!

: We should give this inn a really mean online review after we're done killing everybody.

Time to thin the herd some.

You can either fart on the candle or knock over the shield. Both will get rid of the spikes.

: HELLO?!
: Use your magic on the front door, Douchebag!
: HEY OPEN THE DOOR!
: SOMEBODY DEAD BOLTED THE DOOR YOU GUYS!
: YOU GUYS?? HEY!
: LET US IN! WE CAN HELP!

We aren't going anywhere unless we blow the door open, so...

: For the KKK! (he breaks down a barrier in front of you) C'mon, quick!
: Don't let em get to the tower!
: It's too strong, man! WE'RE GONNA DIE IN THIS PLACE!
: Keep hitting it! I think it's starting to give!

: Protect the Bard!
: AGH!
: This could be a while.

This is a miniboss encounter, and it's the first one that's actually kind of tough. This anti-magician has more health than anything we've seen so far and his sword is on fire.

He also has an attack called Berserker Rage where he beats the ever-loving poo poo out of someone. The attack is not interruptable. Though I did discover after some testing yesterday that the anti-magician is not immune to Pissed Off, and will stop channeling his spell if he's so afflicted.

Anyway, the fight is pretty generic once you get past how hard he hits. Just apply debuffs and it's otherwise business as usual. A lot of health means he takes more percentile damage from bleeding and burning.

: Where's the King?
: He's over there! He's hurt bad!
: Good thing my medicine skills are plus four!
: We'll revive the Wizard! You guys get upstairs

We're at the tail end of the first day of the game and we're already nearly halfway done with leveling up. Oh, and see that Wood Elf armor on the right? The set it belongs to is ALSO permanently missable.

A ready source of defense down is really handy!

: No hurry, Douchebag. The Princess is just being raped.
: I know you want to get the most out of this game, but our friend is ge-getting raped.
: Make sure you check every nook and cranny, they're probably just still raping her.

:cripes: I know I shouldn't expect better from South Park, but come on...

Anyway, there's optional dialogue in the kitchen.

: He's lost a lot of blood! Almost three packets.
: What if he DIES?! It'll be ANARCHY, man!
: We've got this. You have to save Princess Kenny.

Jimmy's bedroom door is locked, so we have to go into his parents room instead.

: (bed creaking noises) (HEEELP! Someone SAVE me!)
: We gotta get to the Princess!
: (gasp) Wait a minute! Listen! They're raping the Princess RIGHT NOW. We have to bust in there!

That animation is positively adorable.

: He's keeping her prisoner!

We can't get up on the bed. So let's set off a chain reaction.

: (when you knock down the lamp) Ah, poo poo!
: (when you break a table leg) Good thing Jimmy's parents are out of town.

:stare: Yeah, good thing indeed. We've completely ruined Jimmy's house.

We use the ceiling lamp's cord as a zipline and knock the elf out.

: Princess Kenny! How badly did they rape you?!
: (shrugging) (It wasn't that bad.)
: (trying to open JIMMY'S ROOM) I can't get through! The door appears to be enchanted so I can't turn the knob!

: YOU CAN'T HOLD THE DOORKNOB, BARD! THAT'S CHEATING!

: Yeah, I can. I have the Stick of Truth which means I control the universe, and I say holding the doorknob is okay.

: UGH, can he do that??
: He has the Stick of Truth, he can do what he wants.
: DAMMIT! There's GOT to be another way into this room!

: Hey! Let us up!
: (in attic) You're not getting up here! The ladder's up here with me. And I'm sure as poo poo not coming down there.
: The Bard must face judgment for his crimes!
: It seems we are going to need the charms of a lady.

If you try to use Butters on the ceiling elf...

: The power of healing is no good here, instead we need the charms of a lady.

: I won't be denied! Not when I'm this close!

: The Bard has no honor.

: We should try the attic! It's our best shot!

So obviously we need to use Kenny to charm the elf down.

: Well, lookie what we got here! I'm coming for ya, baby! Oh, yeah!

: Ohhh, those are some big ol' bitties... Man oh man...
: (giggles and knocks him out)

: Good job Princess Gone Wild. Double D buddy powers.
: Dumbass, we're waiting for you to go up the ladder.

: (This is no place for a lady!)
: Aw, even the attic's crawling with stinky old elves. (quietly) I bet they like it up here cause it's like, it's like being in a tree.

: Stay sharp!
: No one gets through. Bard's orders.
: I didn't even know inns HAD attics.
: It's too dusty up here. I TOLD the Bard I was allergic.
: I heard the Bard knows a song that can make them lose control of their body.

: (Look! A gong!)
: Dibs on hitting that gong!

There's a specific sequence you can blow these flames up in to avoid fighting up here. There's one over to the right offscreen. Hit it first, then the lantern next to the rat, then finally the candle down below. It will drive one of the elves to curl up into a ball next to the Chinpokomon.

I didn't do that. Anyway, be doubly sure to grab this Chinpokomon. It is yet another permanently missable collectible.

These gloves are also permanently missable.

This chest stored on a rickety metal shelf will allow us access into Jimmy's room.

Video:

This video has the cutscene and accompanying boss fight.

: You've nowhere to run, Bard! Give me the Stick of Truth.

: Take it from me if you can, W-Wizard King. Step forward now, and fulfill your de- de- and fulfill your de-de-de... Step forward now and fulfill your de- Step forward now and fulfill your de-de... your de-e-e... your deee... Step forward now and fulfill your de-de... Your de... Your deeee...

: (when you skip) Step forward now and fulfill your d-d-d-destiny!

: You are no match for a Grand Wizard!
: The Stick belongs with us! And I shall use every bardic power in my class to keep it from you!
: Fine. You wanna throw down, brah? Kick his rear end, Douchebag.

: Who is Douchebag?
: That's Sir Douchebag to you! And he is about to teach you some manners, Bard.

So. Jimmy. He's the final boss of the first day.

He has more than three times the health of the miniboss below.

Get rid of his rat helpers and he's not very hard at all. You don't want to let your guard down, however.

He'll bust out a lullaby randomly. If you don't pass the QTE, you get put to sleep for several turns.

: Sleep now, the whip-poor-wills are d-dancing. Gently now, put your m-mind to rest.
: Close your eyes, no more thinking 'bout - thinking 'bout t- troubles. Sleep now with J- Jesus, for you are blessed.

: Wow, what a terrific target.

I'm pretty sure your companion always falls asleep. We'll just cure Kenny and show off her ultimate attack.

The unicorn adds a stack of bleeding to everything it hits.

Kenny is pretty great at adding a bunch of debuffs. The above is the result of a kiss.

Before we continue, Jimmy has some attacks I never saw him pull off in this fight. He has a channeled attack, for instance.

: (SONG OF PROTECTION) This will be my g-greatest performance.
: (when JIMMY does SONG OF PROTECTION) He's gonna play the brown note! Block it out!

You can't interrupt this attack. At least not normally. Jimmy puts on a mask that gives him immunity to magic for the duration of the channeled spell. If you want to interrupt him, you need to throw a water balloon at him, which purges all of his buffs, including immunity to magic. Only then can you interrupt his attack.

This means that you need enough mana to cast Dragonshout (40) before he starts channeling the spell.

If you fail to interrupt Jimmy, he plays a flute and you have to block four or five attacks in quick succession. Each attack you fail to block drives up your mana gauge, eventually maxing it out and causing you to suffer an embarrassing accident.

: (after JIMMY does channeled attack) He's out of breath, get 'em!

: The Stick is ours!
ALL: Yay!

We're given the opportunity to loot Jimmy's room. There are two pieces of permanently missable equipment in here. One is this cap...

The other is one of his crutches.

: Find his running shoes. Just kidding.
: (when you talk to him) Ready to leave, Sir Douchebag?

: (if STAY HERE) Okay, but hurry up. This inn is no longer safe for our kind.

Before you leave, be sure to give the entire inn a once-over and ensure you haven't forgotten anything.

Video:

: The Stick of Truth is back where it belongs!

: Great job, men! Douchebag, for your heroic deeds and valiant self sacrifice at the great Battle of The Giggling Donkey, I hereby make you an official member of the Kingdom of Kupa Keep. Welcome to the KKK!

Butters is genuinely happy for us and everyone else is like "jesus christ that kid is hosed up."

: It's getting late. The Grand Wizard needs to go night-night.

: Okay, Mom, thanks for pointing out bedtime for everyone.

: It's a school night, hon. You and your little druid friends need to-

: WE'RE NOT DRUIDS, MOM! WE'RE loving WARRIORS AND WIZARDS!

: Oh, that's it! You're going to bed. The rest of you better get home too.

:stare: Holy poo poo, I've never seen Liane Cartman stand up for herself before. For bonus fun, look at how scared Eric is.

We'd better get home, too.

It's really pretty at night, but it's not easy to get shots of. If you take too long getting home, your parents come to find you and you get sent to bed anyway.

: It's late, hon. Your parents will be worried.

Yeah, let's avoid getting grounded.

: Well, there he is!
: You make any new friends, sweetheart?
: Nothin' to say, huh? What a surprise.
: It's late, sweetie. Go on up to bed, and I'll be up there to say goodnight.

Bizarrely, the script I'm using doesn't have this exchange in it. Instead it has the following...

: There you are, we've been looking all over for you! Do you know how late it is? You are grounded!

: Now I want you to go to bed and think about what you've done.

Either way, we wind up in our room. Though I prefer the nicer outcome.

Let's get in bed and go to sleep.

: Goodnight little man. I hope you're as happy as we are. Everything is going to be better now that we're in this quiet little mountain town.

Goodnight, everyone. Time to go to sleep.

Next time? Hahahaha. :getin: :unsmigghh:

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 11, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I swear Cartman had more dialogue if you continue to try and loot him--or am i misremembering?

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
As a min-maxer who already completed the game, I'm rather disappointed that you didn't fart on the burning bard. You can even fart in the middle of an attack string, you know? That's why I prefer "magic" upgrades over attack upgrades, since most of the times you'll be slinging spells as a mage.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm pretty sure you can actually wait Jimmy out and he will finish.

I think there might be an achievement for doing it both times?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

paragon1 posted:

I'm pretty sure you can actually wait Jimmy out and he will finish.

I think there might be an achievement for doing it both times?

You have to wait out Jimmy's stuttering in a sidequest coming up. It's an unskippable cutscene and it's more than a full minute of him struggling with "magical songs of enchantment."

No achievement for waiting out his stuttering here, though. At least not on PC. Though that does remind me that I should work on getting the last four that I'm missing on Steam.

Blind Sally posted:

I swear Cartman had more dialogue if you continue to try and loot him--or am i misremembering?

I tried looting him several times and all I got was "I'm not dead."

Neige posted:

As a min-maxer who already completed the game, I'm rather disappointed that you didn't fart on the burning bard. You can even fart in the middle of an attack string, you know? That's why I prefer "magic" upgrades over attack upgrades, since most of the times you'll be slinging spells as a mage.

I've never really used farts all that much. Too many things you'd want to interrupt are immune to magic. And, for the most part, random battles can be ended inside of two turns by just using your strongest attacks and abilities. Also the first time I played I didn't realize the mana bar didn't refill on its own, so I never had the resources to use it. By the time I realized my mistake, I was at the end of the game.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Neige posted:

I was about to ask about the fart effects it looks like you could add during regular attacks. How effective are they? I never did use them very much on my playthrough so it must be pretty underwhelming compared to just doing the normal/power attacks.

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I was about to ask about the fart effects it looks like you could add during regular attacks. How effective are they? I never did use them very much on my playthrough so it must be pretty underwhelming compared to just doing the normal/power attacks.

It's farting on enemies on fire that gives the big payback. The mage's fire attack truly is his best ability, so it behooves you to use fart attacks afterwards.

On the topic of abilities, you can't max everything, so choosing the right one to upgrade is key. Dreaming Dust really isn't worth it, the new electricity spell eventually comes with a shield buff which makes all the difference, so I'd suggest you concentrate on that as soon as possible.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

DoubleNegative posted:

I tried looting him several times and all I got was "I'm not dead."

It might not be looting that does it, but hitting him (with your ranged attack) before/after Butters heals him. Because really, why WOULDN'T you get the boot in a few times with Cartman?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Blind Sally posted:

If you beat the poo poo out of him while he's laying there he has more dialogue.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It really sounds like Douchebag was some kind of government experiment or something and his handlers broke him out of there. Can't wait until we have to fight our evil parents, or evil versions of our parents, whatever.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

: There once was a maiden from Stonebury Hollow. She didn't talk much, but boy did she swallow.
: I have a nice lance that she sat upon. The maiden from Stonebury who was also your mom.
It's such a Southpark bad song. :allears:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Broken Loose posted:

If you beat the poo poo out of him while he's laying there he has more dialogue.

right! that's what i was thinking of

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Broken Loose posted:

Once I have a few free moments I'll go and record beating the poo poo out of a downed Cartman. I've got a save just before that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
He also has a few lines for beating up Jimmy.

• Locked thread