Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I have never watched South Park much, but I know the showrunners must be cool people because they upload every single episode to their website, free to watch for most of the world.

I'll follow along with this LP because I heard this game is surprisingly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

For that episode link, the South Park website is weird in that it redirects you to a local site. Probably some licensing poo poo. For instance, it redirects me to southpark.nl. Not the episode page, but the home page. Then I have to go look up the episode again. Good thing the episode number is in the link.

It seems to be available on .nl, but for some reason it (s05e01) is in the episode list after s05e04. There might be a good reason for that, I haven't seen much of the show so I wouldn't know.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ka-me-ha-me....

Two questions:
If you keep fighting those dogwolves in the forest, and they keep calling friends, do their corpses just keep stacking up?

quote:

defilibrator
Is it really spelled like that?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It's nice that you let the aussies see that vid at the start but not the screenshots.

Anyway, I googled about that censorship and it seems quite weird. There's a Guardian article about it (which I won't link, because spoilers), that say the uncensored game was allowed by the European game ratings board as an 18+ game, then the publisher Ubisoft got it censored, and it was still released as 18+ so there was no real point, and then the PC version was released without censorship (except for Germany).

Why? :psyduck:

Ubisoft wouldn't tell the press anything about their choice, and even the South Park creators are completely quiet about it, while usually they speak out against censorship.

I think there's something going on they don't want us to know... :tinfoil:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

How many messages does he have programmed in? Do they start looping around?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

mauman posted:

^^^^

You lose Clyde after the intro.

Unfriended friends are still counted towards your totals and achievements. So you still need them.

They're counted in the background

Are you saying Facebook never actually deletes anything? :tinfoil:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Considering this is South Park, I have no idea what scene you're talking about. I feel like "that scene" could be almost any scene in the game. I also feel, who cares, it's a South Park thread, so do whatever and just post everything inline.

If I'm right, it's another scene that was censored for the European/German release.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Uh, where's the American exit point where they strip you naked and search your cavities? You have to get through that before you arrive at the Canadian entry point where they just check your papers and wave you through.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I like that the bomb sounds like GLaDOS.

Does anything special happen if you pick Douchebag's "real name" on the fake name selection screen at the start?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

code:
Kawaii ne onna no ko                       This child is that cute girl.
Kamishinoikaokii                           -----
Atashi no hovercraft or you die, kiaru.    My hovercraft, or you die, choose.

Ima kayoubi desu.                          It is Tuesday.
Princess Kenny korosu.                     I killed Princess Kenny.

Naze matta?                                Why did I wait?
Naze osoi?                                 Why am I slow?
Kenni-chan kawaii purinsesu.               Kenny-chan is a cute princess.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

^^^ Could you please use timg tags for those huge pics? I have to scroll horizontally to read your text.

Anyway, the Wizard's staff reminds me of this song..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Neige posted:

Thing I do believe you didn't mention: whenever you enter a bathroom, you can poop in the toilet. You can then pick up the poop and that's an item called the poo poo Nugget. Throwing a poo poo Nugget grosses out an opponent, and it's pretty convenient that it constitutes an item use as you can attack afterwards.

I believe that was in like the very first update.

• Locked thread