Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Using the Hola extension lets non-US users watch videos on the US site, but it's an annoying extension sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Wait, does Europe miss out on those permanently missable pieces of equipment since those sections are censored, or is it literally just the Simon games that are removed?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

Its just the scenes described on the sad koala/flag images that get cut.

Christ, how pointless. If it's already an 18/R, why censor it?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I got past the spaceship a couple of hours ago, and the European censoring is actually pretty hilarious. Plus, I got to avoid the Simon Says minigames.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Could you really live with yourselves by betraying Butters and the lovely Princess Kenny? She thinks we're cute you guys!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Going against the elves has funnier dialogue too, because Kyle and Stan are little dicks to Cartman.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Al Gore is a little bitch against fire. Immolate your enemies, kids! :unsmigghh:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

It's not too bad if you have Pyre Ball and some fire-based stickers, as it really bumps up your damage and I'm pretty sure Pyre Ball inflicts burning? If you're not a mage though, you're gonna have a bad time.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

God loving dammit. Another sidequest I missed? No wonder I didn't get the popular achievement.
Speaking of achievements... Are you aiming for any in particular, or will you be avoiding any that involve you doing things that aren't standard gameplay?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

A good poster posted:

Were they unable to use the glaive from Krull again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNKMXkU09Iw

Well, it doesn't link with the Crossfire pun.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

If I'm right, it's another scene that was censored for the European/German release.

If it's the scene where you get a cheevo for watching for a minute, then it's still in the Euro release. As is the battle. I haven't played in a while so I can't remember if there are any censored parts besides the obvious Nazi censoring.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest, the abortion clinic is by far the "worst" section of the game because they delve into it with sheer joyous abandon.
I had to go and sit down in a quiet room afterwards. It's pretty loving great.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Kemix posted:

This next part is gonna be loving MAGIC folks. It's grotesquely beautiful and I feel sorry for ANYONE in the UK/Germany/gently caress your censors land who had to miss it.

The censor messages are funny too, but I'll be interested to see what the actual gameplay is. It sounded horrific.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I dunno man, giving a grown man an abortion and then battling Nazi fetuses is pretty on the chin. I haven't watched South Park in a good few years mind, I'm assuming they went careening down to hell laughing.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Awww yesss, Canada. So are you going to discuss the unique status ailments and what they can do in detail?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

I'm only aware of one persistent status ailment in Canada. (dire aids)

Isn't there a worse version of it? I'm sure there's the initial one you get, and the "evolved" version.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

Uh, where's the American exit point where they strip you naked and search your cavities? You have to get through that before you arrive at the Canadian entry point where they just check your papers and wave you through.

They just assume that anyone who can get past the woods is legal enough to go to Canada.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Banff isn't even a Canadian place name. It's named after Banff, Scotland.

Blame Canada Scotland.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I loved the Terrance and Phillip section :allears: Just the way Terrance shouts "NAGASAKI!" after they sic the pedos on you was hilarious to me.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

So I haven't gotten this far, do you know if Europe gets this abortion minigame or is it censored too?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

The *best*.

Shame we're gonna have to kick his/her/its rear end now.

Kenny's pronouns are Mm/Mmp/Mmph.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Good point. What would you say if the first game you played with your friends involved going to Canada and getting AIDS, dressing up as a girl to get an abortion, and winning the final battle by unleashing a devastating fart on somebody's balls?

I'd imagine a scream that slowly increases in volume and intensity.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

achtungnight posted:

Great job, DoubleNegative! Looking forward to the last post showing all the missed content.

Thanks also to al-Azad for showing all the stuff that didn't make it in. Very interesting. I wonder if Wendy was supposed to be a buddy at one point. She would have rocked.

Here's a link to the trailer for the game's upcoming sequel. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6P5gpNan0

gently caress, with this and the Ni No Kuni sequel, I may actually have to spring for a PS4.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Yeah, that that was just my response to some guy saying "I may have to spring for a PS4", I was essentially thinking "you don't need a PS4 if you can get it on PC".

Did you not see the part where I mentioned another game too? As in, I'm not buying a console for one game, but if there are other games on that console that I'd buy then it makes it more worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the LP, and for introducing us all to such a fun game.

• Locked thread