Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
It should be noted the game has some odd mechanical quirks that mean the combat bogs down substantially in the last ~80% or so of the game (short version: you hit the level cap and certain enemies scale with you so every fight becomes needlessly long). Up until that point it's quite good however, and the endgame plot remains strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

I never had that become a problem. Once you figure out how the various status ailments work and how they stack with each other, it's pretty easy to break the game's combat system.

Oh, you're not in much danger at all of losing. Just fights take too long; most of the statuses are poison-types that drain HP over time and all. Unless one of the ones I didn't get much access to (I ran a Warrior) had more direct damage.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah, I read at least two interviews that mentioned it; one of the first things Obsidian asked them when they got into full production was "so what's our map", and they kinda had to go "uh... actually we've never done it. Guess we have to now don't we". But since they HAVE now, they're going to remember it.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Heh, figures. Points for being consistently inconsistent I guess.

• Locked thread