Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
This game sort of hits an abrupt end with the recruitment of the girls, which wound up taking a significant portion of the game. Watching the commentaries Matt and Trey are upset because "We only really learned how to make a video game by the time development was almost over." and I do really miss some of the things they showed in the initial trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

A good poster posted:

There was probably a whole Crab People dungeon that got cut. Also, I don't know if you mentioned the kindergartners playing pirate at the playground, but nothing really happens with them, either.

The development of The Fractured but Whole is probably going a lot smoother.

If only because they're not with a studio going out of business at the time, and like they said, they know a whole lot more about video games than when working on Stick of Truth.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Where are the commentaries?

Up on their website, they do commentaries over each episode of the show.

http://southpark.cc.com/collections

I forget the specific episode they talked over but I would assume it was in Season 17 due to them doing a 3-part Game of Thrones/Stick of Truth/Console Wars story. (also the video player on the site is awful)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Thief mostly just involves backstabbing people a million times and layering Bleed effects.

Edit:

Oh, I had hoped that they had an unlockable commentary track like Valve sometimes does or something.

Oh, no. They can't even be bothered to talk about their episodes for the full run time. If Trey and Matt were asked to do commentary for a game there would be a lot of laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Sblwz3b8s

I do like them talking about how they were approached for a freemium mobile game.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

rotinaj posted:

I'd really like to get a behind-the-scenes, comprehensive book on some aspect of making South Park from them. I enjoy that kind of stuff way more than the actual episodes.

also, I'm shamelessly trying to kick this along to a new page. So there.

Well from what they've said, before each season they have a writers retreat, at those they work through potential episodes to do for the season, but mostly it's a chance to get climatized and ready to get back to work. These episodes are usually placed on the back burner, to be pulled up when they can't think of something and the episode airs tomorrow. In that way Trey and Matt are like the student who leaves everything to the wire on the due date on their assignments. They do the episodes usually week of, pushing it back because "eh, we'll do it later." research about it then "Uh, episode is due tomorrow" "poo poo poo poo poo poo!"

Then there's episodes like Fun Time with Weapons and the Heavy Metal episode, where they bring up an idea and are basically told "No way in loving hell are we doing this in this amount of time." so they don't use that episode until later to give it time to be finished. Surprisingly this has only bit them in the rear end once, for Goths 3. There was a power outage and they had to go "Welp, we're not making it on time." which was fine, because next week was their mid-season break anyway, so they just took a break this week and aired the episode in the original break time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Roro posted:

So I haven't gotten this far, do you know if Europe gets this abortion minigame or is it censored too?

I believe EU gets this one.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kenny takes his backstory seriously.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kenny is just very into the RP. When he's Mysterion he's loving Mysterion and that's the end of it. If he's decided he's playing a half-orc princess who's family inherited the stick that was stolen from them, he's Princess Kenny until the game's over. Remember the 1864 village episode? where the actors were instructed to never break character? That's Kenny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SgxCuTaRjM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Seeing them change to a different game with different costumes makes me wonder if there is the possibility for another game where they are ninjas.

They're kids they have plenty of games.

• Locked thread