Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Nice. I just played this game a few months back myself. I played the Mage too. I'm not sure if it's the same with the other classes, but it's ridiculous how easy certain combos made everything up to and including the final boss.

Every class is broken in some way or another, especially considering how broken debuffs are. Mage probably is the easiest to increase the damage on just their basic attack though. I played a Thief and being able to cause Bleed on demand was really key in ending fights quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The world map in this game is actually the canonical layout of South Park! So whenever you see them cut to a location in the show you can kind of tell where it is in relation to everything else if you've played this game which is kind of a neat thing IMO.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 25, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Having Bouncy at this point in the game isn't to helpful and especially as a Wizard that gets alot of group attacks anyway. But as a Thief the ability to put on any kind of status and then hit everybody with a single ranged attack that hits multiple times on each enemy is a great way to start off a fight was incredibly helpful.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

I can't think of any gameRPG that has something happen when you overdose on restoratives.

EDIT: Oh wait, there was Lone Survivor. Let me rephrase that.

AD&D also had something called "potion miscibility" which was essentially having stuff happen to you if you drink 2 potions within a certain amount of time. You'd roll a percentage and somthing would happen to you. With the worse possible result being that you explode :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Neige posted:

As a min-maxer who already completed the game, I'm rather disappointed that you didn't fart on the burning bard. You can even fart in the middle of an attack string, you know? That's why I prefer "magic" upgrades over attack upgrades, since most of the times you'll be slinging spells as a mage.

I was about to ask about the fart effects it looks like you could add during regular attacks. How effective are they? I never did use them very much on my playthrough so it must be pretty underwhelming compared to just doing the normal/power attacks.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Let's recreate the first trailer of the game by being dirty little hippy elves.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Al Gore's messages on facebook are the only ones you can actually delete, and assuming you for some reason happen to fail at his sidequest (for whatever the reason that might be)and you assume you just need to go level up and come back you will be getting messages from him CONSTANTLY until you actually complete it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Alot of people think that cutscene with Jimmy is glitched because it legit goes for about 50 seconds or so. The game lets you skip him stuttering the first time so you think that's the joke. But you get to here and you just have to sit there listening to it while nothing else is happening, i know i thought that at first and reset my system twice before reading on GameFAQs that you just have to suffer through it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I believe it was in the very first trailer that they showed New Kid in a fart battle with Cartman and as soon as i saw that i knew i had to make that happen somehow when the full game came out.

I was not disappointed :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm really surprised at the amount of things they got away with, without outright being rated AO.

I think the fact that it's South Park is the only thing that kept this game being released at all. If literally any other game had tried to pull half of what happens in this game then it would have been a very different story.

• Locked thread