Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
I'm sad that we're not voting for which class we're going to play :(

Otherwise, looking forward to this let's play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Leavemywife posted:

God, I feel terrible just asking this, but is there any special dialog from Cartman if you're a black Jew?

There is a special line for the Jew if you have skin tone "Jersey Tan"

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Yup, that's the one.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

SOLarian posted:

This looks interesting, I will definitely follow this thread.

So, South Parks particular brand of crazy I can deal with, and in general I like RPGs. Still deciding if I should get it or just enjoy it vicariously through the LP. Any recommendation?

It's good. I'd recommend it. And somehow it's the only new Ubisoft game in existence right now that doesn't require you to sign your soul over to Uplay. Always a bonus.

Though at this point, I'd wait for a sale.

The strange thing about South Park, is that I never really cared for the series itself. I loved the movie though, and for some reason this felt more like the movie than the series to me. I'm strange I guess.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

This game is a better Paper Mario than Paper Mario.

Yes, but is it a better Paper Mario than Paper Mario: The 1000 year door?

That's the question.

It's not, but it's a drat good try, and definitely better than Paper Mario's other sequels

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I think he means Silent protagonist. Since his dad (and others) keep pointing it out.

Unless I'm missing something here

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

C-Euro posted:

I like that Butters heals you by patting you on the back and offering a few words of encouragement :3:

I think it's also the only thing in the game that can make the main character smile.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Starhawk64 posted:

Mr. Slave's summon is interesting......to say the least. All the summons you get are pretty funny though, too bad there isn't a situation where they'd be actually useful. They're basically Get Out of Random Encounter Free cards.

You are going to show them off though, right?

There's actually a fair number of mini-boss fights that they work on.

Which of course means that they're instant wins. Like this game needed to be any easier. :catstare:

Also, if I recall correctly, the "naughty" houses are scripted. The first of the three you open will have the woman, the 2nd the guy, and the third....well, you get the idea.

mauman fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 27, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

jimmydalad posted:

Oh the wonderful "burn to death while I get stronger" build. I'm not sure how it is with the other classes, but it's really easy to break the game with the Mage once you get the correct badges. Dragon's Breath is such a ridiculously fun ability to use.

Jew gets to do it too with leech/healing and ju-jitsu. Sure, it can't hit multiple opponents, but it does have the good grace to be a stun move as well. The fact that it eventually gives you a shield is just gravy. You do need to be wearing the friar cap to pull this off though.

I would say Jew is best class. It's final abilities are downright insane.

Actually, now that I think about it, Jews can also use the burning damage (like the mage) once you get the final two abilities. All but two of the Jew's abilities are multi hit and either do gross-out damage or fire damage.

Along with Kosher damage, arguably the best element.

mauman fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 30, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I had to redefine my :wtc: meter after playing this game.

Before: the dildos would have been a solid 9

After: a 5....maybe.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

Al Gore is one of the better sidequests in this game.

Agreed, he's SUPER CEREAL.

Also, Tweak doesn't need to switch to decaf. He needs to switch to a different brand of coffee period. I admit when first playing this game, the meth thing was a high :wtc:. Course now that seems so tame :smuggo:

mauman fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 7, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Welp, if you're not on any watchlists yet.... :cop:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

It's a common occurence for sci-fi games.

Dead space, Mothership Zeta, System Shock, etc...

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Kyle is almost as much a jerkass as Cartman is honestly. Cartman at least is honest about it.

Side with the KKK, Do it for Butters for Christ's sake

Also, gently caress Elves.

He's the only guy who can make the MC smile.

edit: why did I bold that? This is a poll, doh.

mauman fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 17, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Every lp I've seen of this game inevitably goes elves. Oh well, so much for something different :downs:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Air is lava! posted:

How many are that?

I've seen 3 on youtube. All elves, it's getting kinda annoying. I don't even see the appeal. It's been established in the series that Cartman and Kyle are not so different most of the time, and Butters doesn't deserve this crap (then again, he never does).

Besides, Cartman amuses me. So what if he's evil incarnate, at least he's honest about it for the most part.

And anybody who can blast Saddam Hussein with the power of lightning and stop the apocalypse has to be good in my book, no matter what.

:downs:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Well, three to one I guess.

Hmmph.

oh well.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

^^^^

You lose Clyde after the intro.

Unfriended friends are still counted towards your totals and achievements. So you still need them.

They're counted in the background

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

A good poster posted:

I'm pretty sure you could wind up in that Al Gore fight a lot earlier in the game than you did it, like before you unlock Jimmy and Stan, or maybe even on day 1. It makes the fight a lot more harrowing than you made it look.

Minimum of day 2. You have to finish his side quests first and that requires sewer access which requires the probe.

But yes, you could potentially unlock the fight before unlocking Jimmy and Stan.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

While this is definitely a :wtc: moment. I think I'm still weird-ed out more by the anal probing.

Both are definitely :wtc: moments though.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

:allears:

Oh boy oh boy.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

oh

pfffffff

that was all?

you guys had me super worried come on, khloe kardashian's giant aborted nazi zombie fetus was like, 'yep pretty much south park'

I think it's more the actual male-abortion part rather than the fetuses that get people kinda queasy here.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Little cosmetic note.

Crossing the dock gives both you and your companion a boat sprite. It's mostly the same sprite, but Cartman has a unique "fat boat" sprite.*

*at least I think it's unique to him.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

We've now gone full Lemiwinks.

Anyways, yeah, it's hilarious to say "screw this" and walk out of that scene.

Best ending ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Onmi posted:

Kenny is just very into the RP. When he's Mysterion he's loving Mysterion and that's the end of it. If he's decided he's playing a half-orc princess who's family inherited the stick that was stolen from them, he's Princess Kenny until the game's over. Remember the 1864 village episode? where the actors were instructed to never break character? That's Kenny.

Except Mysterion is an honest to good super hero with an honest to good super power.

Princess Kenny's not half-orc or a woman :downs:

Or whatever, I don't know.

• Locked thread