Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Loved this game when I played it last year. I went through it 4 times in succession just to experience all the classes. Did Mage last and was glad I was able to breeze through all the by-then boring fights.

Enjoying this LP. Hope it continues soon.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Great job, DoubleNegative! Looking forward to the last post showing all the missed content.

Thanks also to al-Azad for showing all the stuff that didn't make it in. Very interesting. I wonder if Wendy was supposed to be a buddy at one point. She would have rocked.

Here's a link to the trailer for the game's upcoming sequel. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6P5gpNan0

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Great equipment list, DoubleNegative! I respect all the screenshots.

I have to say, though- you missed a few things. They're all class specific, so you can't get them unless you're playing each class. I will try and describe the equipment, though I'm sorry I don't have immediate access to the game and my memory is fuzzy. Finding screenshots was also harder than I'd hoped.

You can get all the classes' starting weapons from the KKK shop no matter which you are, Scott just has to be running it to unlock them all. The upgraded weapons and the outfits are only available to each class specifically, though. Here's what the starting outfits look like-

Your weapons and armor upgrade when you are given a new title- "Sir", "Commander", and "King". The outfit changes accordingly, with class dependent benefits. Warriors gain more armor and damage potential, Mages get PP gain abilities, Thieves stat infliction (Bleeding mostly), and Jews have the ability to deal more damage as they lose HP and gain status ailments. As for looks, your Sir outfit pretty much looks the same as your starting outfit, just a little flashier. Commander and King can be very different though.

Thief always has the same cloak and dagger look, but they get more blingy as they upgrade. The King Thief outfit is very Asassin-esque. Weapons are various daggers for melee. You also gain new ranged weapons upon title increase- unique among the classes. These include Throwing Knives for Commander Thief and King Thief has loving Ninja Stars. :cool:

Mage always has the rings and robes, while your headband becomes a wizard hat with more stars and moons as you upgrade. The weapon is always a wand, only with King Mage do we get an actual wizard staff (I loved the description for it btw :) ).

Warriors have gauntlets and armor, headbands becoming crowns as you upgrade. King Warrior has a crown that resembles Aragorn's. Weapons can be axes or swords, if I remember right, and they are all pretty badass.

The Jew equipment is my favorite. You start out with a prayer shawl for armor, a yarmulke for headgear, and rings "that show you're a real mensch". Weapons are a shepherd's crook to start, then various daggers and staves. The rings only change in stats, while the hat and armor also get cooler looks as your titles increase. Commander Jews look like full-on Hasidic Rabbis with the black hat and sidelocks. King Jew equipment includes a Crown of Thorns and a blood-stained robe- this being South Park, you can probably guess which King of the Jews they're referencing.

I'm disappointed I couldn't find a screenshot of the Jew King.

The weapon you find in the classroom where you fight Kyle or Cartman is also dependent on your class. Mage gets the Star Wand, Warrior gets a Laser Sword (actually just a fake plastic lightsaber, but ya know), and I forget what the other classes get. If I get this game again (I got bored and sold my copy, later regretted it), I'll take notes as I play through.

You can also get different looks for your Girl Disguise, depending on the options you picked during the Makeover! event. I appreciated being able to get a different outfit each time I went through.

All the armors and weapons look cool, even if some have better stats than others. Add in all the different wigs, makeup, dyes, and other flair items and you're pretty much guaranteed nobody's characters look the same. They really went all out with the character design options for this game. :D

There are also some DLC costumes, of course. Superhero, Samurai, and Spaceman, among others. I found a screenshot-

I am looking very forward to seeing what the sequel does with character looks. :) Also eagerly awaiting DN's missed dialogue post.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 11, 2015

• Locked thread