Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
i own this

blue cherry switches, but they're kinda worn. got it used and boy oh boy is it old. it owns tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

duckfarts posted:

wow that's a terrible place for a touchpad

it's originally a financial keyboard - the previous owner had the halves swapped around compared to that image.

i like it because it gives me the ergonomic benefits of a 60% board without giving up the command block and numpad.

i don't even have the touchpad plugged in 'cause my motherboard only has one ps/2 port

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

DOG AT THE DOOR posted:

this is so hosed up

i first saw it when i was at Desert Bus for Hope one year and one of the tech leads had one (with no identifying marks beyond an FCC ID also used on a dozen other keyboards), spent a few weeks sleuthing my way to the brand name, bought one on TaoBao where the seller eventually flaked and refused to actually send it, then had to scour ebay until one eventually showed up that would only ship to the US, so I had a US-based friend buy it for me and then send it onto me

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
i loving love this keyboard

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
It's from DSI keyboards and has been sold under the names "SMK-101" and "DCK-101". The ones branded with DCK are newer. DSI themselves haven't sold them for a long-rear end while. I wrote and asked them if they had any spares lying around they could sell me, and they said if I ordered a batch of at least 500 we could talk, otherwise i could feel free to go gently caress myself (paraphrased)

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

that owns

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
crosspostin from greyforum keyboard thread. look at my beautiful monster baby

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Captain Foo posted:

i'm actually :stonk: irl looking at that

it has blues in it

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Shaggar posted:

horrible

dsyp

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Instant Grat posted:

DSI Keyboards DCK-101 (though mine is the older model, SMK-101). It's an out-of-production financial keyboard with Cherry MX Blues. The idea is the two halves can be swapped around, depending on which part you use the most. The previous owner of my board had the half with the touchpad and numpad at the bottom, probably since they were entering a lot of numbers, and the switches on that half are so worn out they barely even clicketyclack anymore.

It's cool 'cause you get the ergonomic benefits of a 60% board, but you still get to have a numpad and a command block if you want them.

According to the customer service rep from DSI I contacted when I was trying to find this board, your only options are either order at least 500 of them and they'll do a new production run for you, or get lucky on eBay.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
i want that board

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
loving hell

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1229573443/das-keyboard-5q-the-cloud-connected-keyboard

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
god dammit

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
u know what they say..

if it can't be easily made part of a botnet and used to take down large swathes of the internet, i don't want it in my house!!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Necronomoticon posted:

I went in for the K-Type. 'Halo True' switches are supposed to emulate Topre. Estimated ship date: November. :roboluv:

the code tkl i bought in [checks massdrop] march, is currently sitting in customs waiting for the eggheads to figure out how much i need to pay them to be allowed to have my god drat keyboard

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

surebet posted:

code tkl on :yosbutt:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/code-k...133867369437382

basically ships for free to canada vs buying it through wasd

i'm still waiting for the one i bought in the last drop

customs :argh:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
extremely here for those num/caps/scrl lock keys

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
ah browns. the perfect switch for me, the wishy-washy pee boy who smells bad and has no friends

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Bloody posted:

five hundred us dollars

im the bespoke hand-braided OFC USB cable that everyone who paid five hundo for this thing on kickfarter is currently hanging themselves with

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

duckfarts posted:

two mice seem like it could be a good idea but it won't because nobody has made useful implementations for it

software support for two different cursors, one of them can be gamer neon green

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Import office hosed up and may have sent my assdrop Code back to sender, after i paid $60 in import taxes and handling fees :thumbsup:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
denmark

i only ordered from MD because WASD charges like $50 to ship here

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i hate this design so much. it's _so close_ to achieving bowl-based nirvana but they are lazy and it's flat

once you go bowls you never go back.

Get a Kinesis and a chainsaw

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

AWWNAW posted:

can't decide whether I want blues or clears

also WASD website designer fucks up when you choose mac layout

blues for anywhere where there's no-one around to strangle you for the noise

clears anywhere else

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
my beautiful child (code w clears) finally made it

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Salt Fish posted:

Arguing about which cherry switch is the best is like arguing which Yellow Tail wine is the finest. You might be right, but you're still drinking a 10 dollar bottle of wine.

i keep trying to find a decently priced model m man

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
clears are to browns what greens are to blues

not as heavy as greens though

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Necronomoticon posted:

blues are fun, but i'm kinda over them. the clickiness is distracting for me, and i don't type very well because of it.

you are weak

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Necronomoticon posted:

it's true. to type well, i can't be thinking about the act of typing. blues remind me that i'm typing with every click on each keystroke.

in the days of the buckling springs, you would have been left behind to die within minutes

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
in other news, employer offered to reimburse me for the CODE after i told him i specifically bought it as a work-board, so hey. extra $195 or so (yes really, import charges are dumb)

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

echinopsis posted:

only like three of those are relevant - DSA, SA, and cherry

OEM is fairly common too, isn't it?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

surebet posted:

holy poo poo he made a new beamspring video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qw6ebySet0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qw6ebySet0&t=15m5s <- just the typing sounds

im hard

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
fuuuuuck, that's sexy

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
sup

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

blugu64 posted:

two sets of arrow keys sells it. where and how much?

DSI DCK-101. Good hunting, they're not easy to track down. There might still be one left on Amazon US if you're lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Corsair uses weird bottom rows yeah, so the answer is "wait for a massdrop that comes with the option of paying extra for a corsair-compatible bottom row"

• Locked thread