Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

duckfarts posted:

I'm thinking more like having strings tied to each key and you have to puppet master your typing

tthis made me laugh super hard and I had to explain it to my wife and God dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I work with a lot of aerospace engineer type people and I've only found one guy who gives a poo poo about his keyboard (he has a model m).

I've tried all kinds of angles to see what might hook them but these people do not give any shits about dye sublimation or switch actuation.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's funny the two thousandth time, though

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'd always be hitting the right arrow key when trying to hit a typically double sized 0 key.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

http://m.imgur.com/Cnp9TpP

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

execution could have been better, yes

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

anybody else get this email from wasd about their new "custom" 61 key board they're putting out with vortex? looks like they're trying to cut into the compact market.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

found this Dolch at work today.

https://imgur.com/a/So3Wj

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

surebet posted:

you must appropriate that sweet piece

it's literally hooked up to a test rig from 1992 and being used to take data. i am astounded.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lol the :yosbutt: for the Granite caps has all kinds of hosed up and warped keys in the first batch

I will literally just drive to Signature Plastics' warehouse if I get bunk caps. gently caress dealing with returns.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I have a code with granites and the backlighting at least looks neat still.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

bay aryan is my new favorite pejorative. thanks.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

eschaton posted:

if you have the right mechanicals keyboard you can always use an overlay

fuuuuuck I need to invest heavily into a keyboard system like this because I am dumb as hell.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

re: wireless mechanical

I have a kbtalking pro with browns that does like 10 bt profiles and works with iOS and Android.

it also has a noodle timer on it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

the living computer museum had a tent at the summer street fair in west seattle

https://imgur.com/a/eT2Ld

none of the keys felt good to me.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

that's a one-hour timer. it locks the keyboard an hour after you set it so you'll get up and move around. maybe one day if I do it enough Ill look like the guy on the key.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lol how is 105 keys a standard layout?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

oh they need an extra key just for €

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

gently caress YALL LET'S ENTER SOME DATA

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

eschaton posted:

so where are people going to get double shot PBT keycaps made anyway

I know some folks who may want to have a keyboard made and that's one thing they're looking for

signature plastics.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

oh poo poo getting those

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

oh wait nvm ABS. yuck.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

peep this cool flight test keyboard I saw. that connector is beefy as gently caress.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

echinopsis posted:

Now, y'see, this is where I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what to choose. What I'm trying to do is make a decision between tactile and linear with a comparison to dome switches because that's what I have now. After doing some more research, apparently the actuation force of dome keyboards is equivalent to 45g mechanical switches (despite the decrease in force), so I'll probably go for that.

I'm presuming that you mean that Browns are bad and that Reds are a better choice. But the guys below you say Browns are closer to dome because they have some kind of feedback. Yet I read somewhere else that domes actually have no feedback, meaning they're closer to Reds. Now I'm just confused. I know I don't want clicky switches because of the noise. How should I decide between linear and tactile?

Checking what profiles and uniformity mean I'd rather stick with the safe, standard OEM set without variable weight. So, basically what you're looking for. I guess that rules Topre out.

I was thinking I didn't need O-rings. Why do you think I should get some?

source your quotes

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

the only true keyboards languish in international shipping for months before you receive them. also halfway through the switch type you asked for is no longer an option so you settle for something you didn't even want.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

looks like ABS.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

there is a close-up shot of what looks like a C64 keyboard in John Wick 2 and it loving owns

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

there were a few clacks and the zooming in on the caps was egregious and totally warranted.

john wick 2 loving owned

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

np

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

like ive gone to the movies once in the last three years because my life is a perpetual dirty diaper so I don't even know what passes for art anymore anyway

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Signature Plastics.

they're located in Washington State and anytime I buy from them I feel like I'm doing what I can to make America clack again.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yeah i got all jazzed about those caps until i realized they're abs and not pbt.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I;m thinking about thos keys

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

filco makes a numpad that should match their other offerings.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

they're abs. trash tier.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

so it has blacks?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

I didn't learn to touch type until I played the typing of the dead

:same:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

ArmZ posted:

everyone in my middle school had to learn to touch type in computer class on mac lc 500s

we had to learn it but I didnt care until I got TotD

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I remapped my tenkey so that it uses the drug dealer code from Season 1 of The Wire :bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it is strange that we don't have dedicated $ keys at this stage of capitalism.

• Locked thread