Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY SALT FISH>>

I think he's trying to say it should be black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
nnnnnngh

http://imgur.com/a/xhRPC

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

je1 healthcare posted:

My coworker got a mechanical keyboard and hearing the constant loud clacking all day makes me want to murder. Who's problem is this? How do I ask him to type quieter without sounding like an autist? NOTE: I have headphones that I wear all the time but they only slightly muffle the background noise because I don't listen to music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
coolermaster's keyboards have a combo to turn off the windows key

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
ergotron mounts are good af

you can get the HP branded one on amazon for cheaper and it literally is just an ergotron with an hp logo on it

I have three at home

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

dick traceroute posted:

Does massdrop do cameras?

They have a whole photography section

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

I fee like Kirk looking at a razer product when I see this image

I don't even know where to start. The hosed up arrow keys? the addition of a second set of arrow keys on the accessory thing, which proves they knew how it was supposed to be? The gigantic left side tab/caps/shift keys? The oversized tilde key?

triggered

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
A buddy of mine uses WASD but uses his pinky/ring finger/middle finger to press them

it's so hosed up to watch

I beat him in every game and I suspect this is why

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've decided clears are too stiff for me, I need to get a poker with browns I guess

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

surebet posted:

speaking of assdrop, 64$ +shipping:

no, not a whole keyboard of these keys. not all 3 even, you get to chose one of the colors. again, 64$ +shipping.

I'd buy this if it was like $3.95 with free shipping

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

or you could pay 49 prime for one and have it in two days and also a return policy :)

you have settled on the secret of assdrop

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
the spergiest thing about that is the linear arrow key arrangement

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

surebet posted:

anyone tried the custom caps from wasd? kinda hard to argue against the value of a 50$ 100% customisable set but i'm a bit concerned about going for printed keys

They don't feel very nice

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
60% is the smallest I will ever go

Poker 3 life folks

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

also, just to rub it in

it weighs more than a MacBook Pro because it's made of metal

feels good man

this is pretty great

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want to try Topre switches before I'm even tempted to spend three hundred united states american dollars on a keyboard

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have a poker 3 with clears and granite keycaps and it's extremely pleasurable to push keys on

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

JewKiller 3000 posted:

tell me more about your overpriced rubber dome japanesu keyboard that you can't get keycaps for

well the new one is compatible with MX caps, has variable actuation points, seems neat

I don't need a bunch of gaudy RGB LEDs though and I hate that i'd be paying for them

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
someone stop me from being loving retarded thanks https://www.massdrop.com/buy/z70-mechanical-keyboard

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
the topre realforce rgb is up on massdrop and I'm tempted to make bad decisions

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

mad.radhu posted:

the topre realforce rgb is up on massdrop and I'm tempted to make bad decisions

nevermind it's literally cheaper by a dollar on amazon with prime shipping so all desire to make an impulse purchase is gone

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
To be fair granites are fully sicknasty good

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

so what, each key says "pram claims to be a porpoise" ?

http://keycapsdirect.com/key-caps.php

DSA and SA all day every day

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
~gamer~ marketing but this is legit good i think https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/294674098/freestyle-edge-the-ultimate-split-gaming-keyboard/

plus kenesis is a real company and not some yahoo who thinks he can just get china to do all the work for him

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I mean they get paid a lot of money to play video games, I'm going to assume the trend of tilting their keyboard for comfort like that isn't an accident

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

The XKCD Larper posted:

I like my 60%, its extremely versatile and portable up until the moment you need arrow keys

same except I have capslock mapped to FN and WASD mapped to arrow keys so it's a non-issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

this is so hosed up

• Locked thread