Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

surebet posted:

obvs not a mech but drat, this is might just start out annoying, stretch all the way into awesome, then meteor back down to hella annoying

http://i.imgur.com/owqRfVV.webm

shame about the keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

I have a passionate hate for the F5-F8 being in that second colour. it ruins the colour balance and I will never get a two toned set for that reason alone

prammy send a pic of your keys i need to feel alive gain

tenkeyless is gross

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

error1 posted:

arrow keys are for scrubs, real gamers use WASD

and real nerds use HJKL

wrong as hell. arrow keys are the best

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm gonna blow your minds here: esdf

using anything outside of arrow keys is hosed up because non-arrow keys are cluttered and misaligned

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
get that iso trash out of here.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

no

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

surebet posted:

at that point it's not really a portable thing anymore, it's more like a bunch of open frame monitors on admittedly neat folding mounts

back to keyboars, i've been looking for a solution for mac havers at the office that includes a cac style reader and cherry has a bunch, but a lot of them also have credit card readers and i don't even want to imagine the driver hell i'd jump into trying to implement that under osx

use windows 7 embedded or 10 iot and it will just work.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

duckfarts posted:

seems pretty decent, but i don't think you can change the caps out; they seem proprietary (of course)

e: i really like the onboard volume control roller thing

I have the roller thing on my g710+ and it feels cheap as hell compared to the rest of the keyboard. my old old mx duo keyboard had the best volume control ever. it was a clicky dial that was the most satisfying thing to turn.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I like my browns. I have a heavy touch tho and tend to bottom out a lot.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

minivanmegafun posted:

MX brown? you could say they

don't really click

:smugdog:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dodoman posted:

i have a strong urge to get a mech kb, reds just arent cutting it for me anymore. i want more click but finding something with proper media keys is nigh on impossible, i might have to settle for the apollo 9100xBR

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HA2086W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1YG1VZVF48PM9

what sort of keycaps should i get, double shot?

logitech has this thing now which is a really basic mechanical keyboard w/out any GAMERRR cruft: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDYB8F6

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 12, 2016

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dodoman posted:

old man look at your keys, you're a lot like they were

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cheese-cube posted:

lol, actually has an LED for num-lock unlike every other single loving pos logitech keyboard. what loving reason would they remove the num-lock LED for why why why?

ive never had a logitech keyboard w/out a num lock key

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

that looks like a piece of poo poo

looks fine 2 me:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

b0red posted:

went from mx blue to topre. it's a pretty nice change. not that loud either by comparison.

what board you getting?

also absolutely loving my hhkb2.

if they come out with a v3, i'll definitely pick one up after a year or so

lol nice 10keyless with missing windows key and hosed up control/alt

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

b0red posted:

I use emacs so I've always had caps lock as control. There is also a Mac in the background if you didn't notice, it has the Mac layout.

anything else I want I've learned its function key + spot in a matter of days.

I don't game.

linux and linux text editors... have u no shame??

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

b0red posted:

you like volume rollers, numpads, logitech and windows. could ask you the same thing

yes i like the good things.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

does that logitech need any special driver or is it plug and play

for the one i posted all the keys are standard so no. if its another one with macro keys you can do simple macros without the software but if you want to do more complex ones you need the software.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

yeah i have a das at home i like, but was hoping for something a bit cheaper. oh well, may go that route.

get the g610. same components but no dork-brand surcharge

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
10keyless and function keyless are the worst.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

maniacdevnull posted:

Yeah agreed

I wonder if they'll bring back the 2x5 on the far left fkey layouts

my g710+ has a 1x6 macro key row on the left side.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

no. they forgot the keypad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Instant Grat posted:

crosspostin from greyforum keyboard thread. look at my beautiful monster baby

horrible

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
iso keyboards are so hosed up I cant even imagine how they came to be.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

garbage

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
iso keyboards are so poo poo they cant even be used as arm rests

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

terrible

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I think its probably because autistics would get mad about the keyboard and attached devices sharing the bus. it also could be that its cheaper for the keyboard manufacturers

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
different caps or maybe one has those rubber rings for noise reduction.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mad.radhu posted:

~gamer~ marketing but this is legit good i think https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/294674098/freestyle-edge-the-ultimate-split-gaming-keyboard/

plus kenesis is a real company and not some yahoo who thinks he can just get china to do all the work for him

gross

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that's relative to wasd so its legit in that respect, but wasd is also for scrubs

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i think they're expecting you to move the other half away somewhere. either way its stupid cause split keyboards are stupid tenkeyless is stupid and wasd is stupid

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
gaming convention

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
arrow keys

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Symbolic Butt posted:

that's lame shaggar

you're lame

arrow keys are so much better than congested and skewed wasd.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my fingers are long and cant deal with the congestion around wasd and the awkwardness of how they're skewed. arrow keys and the surrounding keys are much better

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

You're full of dumb opinions but this might be the worst

if u got tiny hands and don't mind things being offset then wasd is probably ok, but arrow keys are so much better

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Skim Milk posted:

wasd v2
cherry mx clear
pbt caps
numpad optional

numpad is not optional

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

embedded numpad