Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001
My team sucked last year and I vowed not to play again this year but gently caress it, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
We should probably try to nail down a draft day sooner than later - any days that don't work for people next week?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
So far it's looking like Monday or Wednesday, 6pm PST would work for several people. Speak up if these times/days won't work for anyone.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Let's go with 8/24. I have a meeting that usually runs late on 8/26 so the 24th works best for me, and seems to work for everyone else as well.

Not sure how we want to decide the draft order this time around, any suggestions?

Catfish - I've never done a 16-person draft but I imagine it'll take a few hours. As long as you're there for the first half you should probably be good. I don't know, seems like most leagues I get into end up getting won by auto-drafters anyway.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

railroad terror posted:

To keep things active, I propose the winner of the "losers bracket" in the playoffs also receive 1 case of beer! yay/nay?

I believe that's how it worked last year.

TubeStank - shipping will depend on where you are and where you're shipping to, and how much you're shipping, should range from $10-30.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I can do Wednesday as well.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

TubeStank posted:

Sorry Tyrod buddy but I gotta set you free. Now entertaining trades for either Gates or Thomas.

Ruthless

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Let's see if I can actually start off a season with a win, I don't think it's happened yet.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

LeSean "negative yards" McCoy

If he wasn't good enough for the Eagles, he shouldn't have been good enough for your team imo

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Retemnav posted:

Really happy I started Coby "2 pt conversion" Fleener over Austin Seferian-Jenkins...

Probably won't matter but yes, thank you for not embarrassing my team any further.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

dphi posted:

Let's see if I can actually start off a season with a win, I don't think it's happened yet.

Welp.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Retemnav posted:

Yea, see why I wanted AS-J's points. Was sweating Hyde's night!

Almost had a chance there if Teddy could have thrown a garbage time TD to one of my two Minn WRs but he decided to suck instead.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Holy poo poo I got a win! And a decisive win at that!

Whoever dropped Tyrod Taylor so I could claim him off of waivers earlier in the season: THANK YOU!

Yeah, thank you for not making me feel too torn up about sitting Blount. I seem to be off to a very familiar start this year.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
The joy of a 16-team league: put in five waiver claims and got one, and for that I went from 12th to 13th in waiver order.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Snead was one of the guys I was hoping to get

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I guess you could say that I beat you twice this week.

You bastard, I'm gonna drain pour a bottle of whatever HotD's next brewery release is and send you a video of it.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I hate game time decisions, got the alert that Decker was going to play after he was already locked :(

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thanks for the fumbles, Russ, I was getting worried there.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
lol, in my defense, I didn't have many options by the time I learned Lynch was out. Figures I'd get negative points out of him

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Well that's never happened to me before - I was picking up a player off FA just now and when I hit confirm it gave an error saying another roster was invalid. Went back and saw Roethlislager had picked the guy up, must have beat me by seconds.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Avenged posted:

Sorry bro!

...it's not like it's going to help me at all, anyway.

Guess we'll see! Just thought it was funny we were both trying to grab him at the same time. I'm rolling the dice on rookie from HOU instead :confuoot:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Avenged posted:

Jaelen Strong? If so, congrats.

lol, unfortunately no. I actually drafted Strong in the 14th or something and dropped him a few weeks in. Not a good start so far!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I'm 1-4 now. At this point there's no point in continuing to pay attention to this right? Is there any incentive to keep playing?

I've gotten into the playoffs with five losses before but it's a long shot. There's always the losers' bracket though!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I have future Cowboys breakout star, Christine Michael available! Here's your chance to get in on the ground floor.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
You assholes are pretty quick to pickup the backups to my injured running backs

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
2 bottles of Coffee Dark Star will cost ya Shady

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Ugh, I hate my team

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Lol at Hatful putting up crazy points after leaving two bye week players in

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Cervixalot posted:

Got very lucky there at the end, sorry umop episdn :(

I felt pretty good coming into last night down 30ish with Dalton, Hopkins and Eifert, but wow, what a terrible MNF game (minus Hopkins' catch) all around.

Yeah, I was looking through the scores and couldn't believe you only won by .1 - better hope for no stat corrections!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'm all about winning the loser's bracket now

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Portland, OR here

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Retemnav posted:

Do I start Derek Carr vs Denver's defense or Matt Ryan vs Carolina's defense. What a poo poo choice this week....

I was gonna say I'd probably play Hoyer over those two but it looks like you ready my mind!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
So how does the loser bracket work? It doesn't currently look like it's set up like a bracket..

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Welp, that missed call on the out of bounds pass on 4th down cost me any chance of advancing in the loser bracket, good game fritz.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I trade with dphi a few times a year so it would be awesome if we didn't get matched up. Though it would be sweet schaudenfreude to have him send me a box after beating him twice :boom:

Yeah, I deserve that.

16 teams is rough if luck's not on your side (or if Luck is on your side), especially when you lose your first four draft picks to injury.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Avenged, do you use untappd?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Wolfy posted:

Jota I'm sending you a case of natty lite. Kidding, but are there any styles you despise?

E:pm me your address please

Also I've never shipped beer. Is it fine to just buy one of those foam shippers, put it in a box with some packing material and usps it?

Most people will tell you to use FedEx or UPS but I do know people who use USPS. The foam shippers should come with a box it fits in tightly, just use newspaper in each bottle slot to keep them from moving around.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Avenged posted:

Just a heads up, weather right now kinda sucks in the midwest. Here in IN we've had some terribly cold temps (like -20 degree wind chill), so definitely try and monitor weather conditions to where you're sending your box. You don't want that box to freeze!

I'd advise getting together with whoever you're sending a box to to see what their weather is like. Better to be a little later on shipping than to get a porch bomb that blows up, well, on your porch.

Your week old IPAs will have to be two week old IPAs :(

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I've had Avenged's box packed for a week now, hoping to ship Monday if the weather forecast looks okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Shipping Avenged's box today

• Locked thread