Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
My body is ready for mediocrity again.

I'll continue my strategy of drafting a couple great players, and just sitting on them, making GBS threads up the leaderboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Pumped for another year of this nonsense. The real question is...

Who's going to draft Adrian Peterson this year?!

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So, last year draft order was decided based on beer we were drinking during the draft? Shall we keep it the same?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I think Toxx is acceptable? It's getting closer to the start of the season and may be tough to arrange any kind of trade to vouch for new players that might not have traded with anyone on the forum.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Mondays and Wednesdays are great for me. I do have another draft on Wednesday though...Anyone know if you can do two simultaneous drafts on ESPN?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
8/24 is best for me. 8/26 I have another draft, but could potentially do both.

I do prefer snake (only because I've never done an auction draft), but I don't care really. I'm just looking forward to sending someone another box and holding onto great players while keeping barely above .500.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I might not have enough time to commit to a crazy draft order thing before monday.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So tomorrow, 6pm pst?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
:toxx: Last year I was late on beer shipping, but lived so drat close to my recipient I hand delivered it. This year, when I lose terribly I will make sure to send out my package of beer in a timely fashion.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I hereby :toxx: myself into sending beer if I lose, but that's not going to happen because autodraft will guide me to victory over the rest of you scrubs.

Not if I don't draft an entire team of players with torn ACLs first!

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I've got a draft 8/26, but I can try to do both at the same time. I'm commishing the league I'm drafting for Wednesday though, so it's not ideal but I could do it.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

TubeStank posted:

this league is going to be a shitshow and i can't wait

This is possibly going to be the weirdest fantasy football season in history, simply because of two (three?) reasons.

1.) The draft was very even across the board.

2.) We are all very intoxicated

And three...
Trading Aaron Rodgers for a decent team, send me a PM

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Good luck, goon sirs. May the odds and TD thievery be ever in your favor.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Crazy bullshit dallas/NY game might have saved me some embarrassment last night. Still going to be super close though.

Sorry about your Dez, though. Tough....break?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Retemnav posted:

Other than my QBs, no one on my team scored a TD this week. Starters AND bench, not a single TD!

Unless Aaron Rodgers has the worst game of his career tonight, I'm hosed.

It's been a strange game for us this week. I didn't expect steve smith to finally go off like that this week, and I didn't expect a combined 2 points from my RBs.

Hell, who knows though. I'm fully expecting Rodgers to break his leg on the first drive.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
In my friends league I have AJ Green and keenan allen. Somehow, I'm still going to lose by 60 points this week.

I hate fantasy football sometimes.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
This is the first time I've ever played in a league this size. It's pretty interesting that Chris 'Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp' Polk was one of the better RBs available for me this week, due to Chris Ivory being made out of chewing gum and saran wrap.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I might be enticed out of Carson Palmer for a RB. I don't have PMs, I'm Ben Roethleslager.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So, I need Golden Tate and Steven Hauschka to score 18 points combined to continue my "not scoring a lot of points, getting lucky that bad players play well" strategy.

Stafford has to throw the ball to someone, right?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Retemnav posted:

Yea, Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

Yeah...yeah.

Which is fine if Hauschka kicks 4 field goals for 50+.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

Gonna lose in two leagues thanks to Hauschka. gently caress kickers

poo poo, I'm thinking I'm going to lose because Hauschka's gonna kick a 40 yarder instead of another 50 and golden tate will continue to do nothing.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

dphi posted:

Well that's never happened to me before - I was picking up a player off FA just now and when I hit confirm it gave an error saying another roster was invalid. Went back and saw Roethlislager had picked the guy up, must have beat me by seconds.

Sorry bro!

...it's not like it's going to help me at all, anyway.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

dphi posted:

Guess we'll see! Just thought it was funny we were both trying to grab him at the same time. I'm rolling the dice on rookie from HOU instead :confuoot:

Jaelen Strong? If so, congrats.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
FT: Aaron Rodgers.
ISO: A wide receiver.

Jesus, what an awful game. Glad I have Palmer.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Cervix, that was pretty effing lucky, oh my god.

I really thought I took first place this week.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Andy Dalton in prime time is a bullshit garbage man.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
That moment when you lose to Josh McCown. #justclevelandthings

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

railroad terror posted:

To my credit, McCown only needed 5 points or so. Really, you lost to Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing bombs to Brandon Marshall! #jetsjetsjets

I've won 3 straight but need a lot of things to go my way this week to make the playoffs. Good luck everyone

Very true. My wife was playing against Marshall this week too, so we were both pretty anti-jets.

Its just funny that from Sunday night till MNF I was joking about McCown's car possibly breaking down on his way to the stadium, or him getting the flu, or simultaneously throwing an interception and breaking his leg. He finally gets hurt in the fourth.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
South Bend, IN.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Retemnav posted:

Do I start Derek Carr vs Denver's defense or Matt Ryan vs Carolina's defense. What a poo poo choice this week....

I hope they both break their throwing arms.

I also wish the game last night went into triple OT and Palmer got another 300 yards...maybe I'd have a chance then.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
It's much closer than it has any right to be against Daisy Cutler. It's literally down to tomorrow's game. Ugh.

Fantasy football bullshit.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

I can't believe I'm relying on Tim Hightower to make or break my fantasy season (in two leagues!) Either way, good luck. I like your odds of Golden Tate scoring 4.2 points more than Hightower.

What's funny is *my wife* is in the same boat. Playing against Hightower.

Good luck brother!

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Jota posted:

Cervixalot got eliminated because an offensive lineman on the opposite side of a play forgot to report as eligible and it negated a Hightower touchdown.

Fantasy football is a hell of a game

I was at work the entire game and didn't get to see this crap. I'm sorry dude, but watching the score on my phone it was really loving close. Good match dude. We will have to work out a trade.

And Yards, I'm terrified of your Wilson/Baldwin stack. It'll be a fun week, best of luck.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Jota posted:

Lol I might not have a second running back to play in the championship since a 4-9 team picked up Gillislee :negative:

DeMarco Murray no longer counts as a RB. Please get healthy TJ Yeldon

Hey, I'm starting freaking Redskins D.

Fantasy football finals in the year of our lord 2015.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Good luck today Jota. We both know some crazy nonsense is going to decide this matchup, but I wish you luck with that nonsense ending up in your favor!

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Jota posted:

Good luck. This Arizona-Green Bay game is big for both of us.

Arizona D just hosed me up. The score isn't reflecting your fumble recovery TD though?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Jota posted:

ESPN did this last week too for some reason with the Chiefs. It will get added later today or tomorrow.

Wow Cardinals just got another TD too. Defense came up huge this week.

Do I get another case if I concede?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I do! I'll PM you my info. This is actually a pretty great idea by the way.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Just a heads up, weather right now kinda sucks in the midwest. Here in IN we've had some terribly cold temps (like -20 degree wind chill), so definitely try and monitor weather conditions to where you're sending your box. You don't want that box to freeze!

I'd advise getting together with whoever you're sending a box to to see what their weather is like. Better to be a little later on shipping than to get a porch bomb that blows up, well, on your porch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

dphi posted:

Your week old IPAs will have to be two week old IPAs :(

I mean, nevermind! Wrap that poo poo in an emergency blanket and some lil hotties handwarmers and ship it out!

• Locked thread