Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://github.com/offapi/rbac-23andme-oauth2

quote:

What is Genetic Access Control?

Using the 23andme API it is now possible to utilize genetic profile information and likely phenotypes in custom applications. This means you can restrict access to your site based on traits including sex, ancestry, disease susceptability, and arbitrary characteristics associated with single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in a person's genotype.

How does it work?

GAC uses the standard third-party authentication mechanism OAuth2 to request minimal permissions from 23andme on behalf of the user. The user is presented with a dialog asking them to approve the sharing of certain genetic data with your application.
If the request is approved a temporary access token is passed to your application which can be used to make API requests to retrieve information, such as ancestry composition and SNP nucleotide sequences. This data can then be used to grant or restrict authorization.

Possible uses

• Creating "safe spaces" online where frequently attacked and trolled victim groups can congregate, such as a female-only community
  • Ethnoreligious sects may wish to limit membership, e.g. Hasidic Jewish groups restricting access to Ashkenazi or Sephardic maternal haplogroups with the "Cohen" gene
  • Safer online dating sites that only partner people with a low likelihood of offspring with two recessive genes for congenital diseases
  • Pharmaceutical applications that check for genetic predisposition to negative drug interactions before dispensing
  • Groups defined by ethnic background, e.g. Black Panthers or NAACP members

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the first implementation of this will be in some white nationalist site

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
JDate just got a whole lot better

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
lol why does 23andme have a public api? they had to know this would never the only possible application

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Smythe posted:

cultural jews getting screwed

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
gonna make a cool web site and not allow people with a predisposition to high blod pressure to join. because it so cool

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

make a forum where only people without predisposition to mental illness can post

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
tech bubble: internet user suffers from race condition

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Hammerite posted:

tech bubble: internet user suffers from race condition

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
NWS movie gore

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

OSI bean dip posted:

• Pharmaceutical applications that check for genetic predisposition to negative drug interactions before dispensing

does it, by any chance, also check for genetic predisposition to being a snitch

just checking

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
the website checks youre dick genes to see if your long enough to enter

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
let's see how it authenticates my... black hat

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
23andme's hard-hitting analysis of me:

:cheers:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

nooooooooo they'll find me out

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Raere posted:

make a forum where only people without predisposition to mental illness can post

I don't think sadbrains malingering counts as a genetic predisposition

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

the developer basically confirmed they put it up to prove a point

whether it's the really good point - that exposing genetic data via an API is a super dumb move - or some weird neocon stuff remains to be seen though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is one of those things that is inevitable but will bring nothing but harm and badness (outside of medical use)

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

lol why does 23andme have a public api? they had to know this would never the only possible application

LOL as if this was ever not going to be the end result of 23andMe.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

someone make a website where you can find the person least similar to you genetically so that you can make a powerful child

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

bobbilljim posted:

someone make a website where you can find the person least similar to you genetically so that you can make a powerful child

lol at me finding an ugly stupid woman with a small dick and makign a mediocre babyy

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Hammerite posted:

lol at me finding an ugly stupid woman with a small dick and makign a mediocre babyy
dsyp

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rofl

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Hammerite posted:

GENETICALLY dissimilar not necessarily physically/mentally. hell maybe they look just like you.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

GENETICALLY dissimilar not necessarily physically/mentally. hell maybe they look just like you.

they're almost certainly African (from Africa? Whatever the polite way to say that is). that's true even if youre also african

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Hammerite posted:

"Ah, but what if it should have your brains and my body?" - George Bernard Shaw, the GBS of the early 20th century.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
this is why stem degree people need to take more humanities classes

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

jesus fuckin christ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

this is why stem degree people need to be rounded up and quarantined

PissWhisk
Oct 12, 2012

quackers
i dont like technology anymore

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

make and go there op, don't report back

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

pointsofdata posted:

they're almost certainly African (from Africa? Whatever the polite way to say that is). that's true even if youre also african

this is also why people from africa are better at sports. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/30/AR2009043002485.html

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
nah they have an extra muscle in their hip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

indigi posted:

nah they have an extra muscle in their hip