Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
This is fun! My user ID is 356902282. Captain Ginyu will blast your foes with his Milky Cannon :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I've got two on normal. It's a pretty decent one for farming up awakening medals at least. I've Z Awoken my crappy N dudes because why not.

Level 20 Z-Awoken crappy N dudes give like 45,000 training experience, so they're worth it for feeding to better characters; I gave an L20 Z-A Videl to a new Cyborg Tao and it boosted him to like level 20. He's already way stronger than my L25 SR Cui, who is about as useless in this game as he was in the cartoon.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You don't need to beat Tao on all difficulties to unlock the ability for him to drop, do you?

Nope. He's a random drop on any difficulty, presumably more common on higher ones.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

This Monday awakening event is an easy way to level up common greens and feed them to better characters. Every enemy is blue, so a green team will dominate. If you have a few heavy hitters (like that Kid Gohan that everybody spoof get and level his super attack to 10 because it takes basically no worry) then you can fill the rest of the team with garbage greens and still cruise through Hard.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Wow, I am bad at catching swypos at bedtime.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Echophonic posted:

What's the sweet spot for XP? I see everyone with higher level dudes than mine and I'm not sure how they're managing.

I use the daily awakening item events. All enemies are the same color (ex: for the AGI event, all enemies are blue) so it's easy to compose a team of that color's weakness.

A team of level 1 trash units anchored by a few decent units can easily beat Normal, and a run or two will get the trash up to level 12 or so. Then you can take that same team, with maybe one more heavy hitter added if you don't want to use lots of health items, and do Hard so you get better awakening items and more battle experience. You will quickly get the trash up to L20, while simultaneously getting a bunch of awakening items. Use those items to Z-Awake the L20 trash units, and their training value increases by a ridiculous amount (from a few thousand, to tens of thousands), so you can then feed them to your serious characters for easy leveling. I got Kid Gohan from L40 to L60 by feeding him five of those L20 guys. Total cake.

There might be something more min-maxy out there, but this is easy to do and has worked well for me so far.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Yeah, it sucks. It's not like the Kid Gohan event where it was easy as poo poo to get him to Super Level 10. :(

So glorious.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I just took another 10x friend roll and got another super goku pull. Rare 16 and interesting, Super Rare Cui. I didn't even know you could get SR's from from the friend points. Cui is yet another STR type and I have way too many of those already.

SR Cui is garbage. Don't be shy about feeding him to somebody.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I rolled a bunch of reds (including Frieza 2, Recoome and SR Jeice) and two SR kid Gohans that I don't want to use because my R Gohan from the event has a "kill anything" super attack :argh:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Yes- they go UR:

(not mine :( )

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

ChronoReverse posted:

Do you use your precious dragon stones to increase character inventory? I'm a bit of a hoarder so I didn't want to lose any R's and SR's I have but I'm thinking that the R's should at least go.

I've used a few and I think it's worth it. Not having to hit the training menu before every goddamn game is worth more to me than the time it takes to get a few stones.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Turns out this R Android 16 I had, hits like a drat truck. I thought it'd be useless but I've had him do more damage than some of the other similarly levelled units' supers.

Just like in the show!

He gets a 2000 attack buff after taking damage, and his base stats are way higher than my other PHYS R's. He's dope.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

If it helps, I'm still at zero Robo-Freezers too. I'm starting to wonder if an all-PHY team is actually the best way to approach it. I feel like while I take (a little) less damage I'm also putting out way less because nobody ever seems to get Super and it's even pretty rare anyone gets to 100%. Maybe if I actually had a better group of PHY to run, but I'm thinking I'll swap back to my rainbow team.

I'm running all PHY except two, with the two being hard hitters of whatever color. That way I'll always have a PHY to block, but I'll also be able to do more damage and charge the Dokkan meter more quickly and use supers more often.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Mecha Friezas while draining my stamina every few hours for days, but at least I'm leveling/awakening tons of trash units for training.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I'm disappointed that the Dragonball wishes apparently go away entirely. Do they return at some point? It would suck if you only got the 4 wishes. It was silly enough that I couldn't do the same wish repeatedly.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

After grinding Frieza like 50 times before getting him, I got King Cold in two games. Silly RNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

God all of my INT cards suck. I'll just do a multidraw and I'm bound to get a half decent one.

Why hello beautiful

Chick, chicka chickaaaaaaaa.