Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'm having fun but it really feels like the SR draw rate is really low (let's not even mentioned SSR). I basically never get to see Super Saiyan Goku.

Can anyone explain how the ki balls drop btw? I wish I could manipulate future chains better.

Also, is there a way to tell if a boss is about to use a super attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

Yeah, my Chinese Gohan has a Special Attack of 10, and regularly hits for up to 30k. It's ridiculous.

Is 10 the highest it can go for any character?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If you're strong enough to run Hard that's still super rank 3 (and super rank 5 if you can run z-hard but you wouldn't be using these character if you could) so it's not bad. I was all excited that they'd be like kid Gohan too but alas.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zeron posted:

I don't really mind because I have yet to get a single decent drop the entire time I've played the game. My entire team is event dropped Rares because I haven't gotten anything better than them yet. I've gotten so much chaff.

I actually gave up and rerolled a new account so that I could save up every single dragon stone for when they do some event that actually increases my chances of drawing an SSR. I expect my luck to be bad and not get an SSR anyway but at least I'd feel better.

As such getting Nappa R and Vegeta R (already have super 10 kid gohan) was an instant upgrade over my awakened Tien and Chiatsu.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Conversely, I quit Dragon Blaze BECAUSE I was gifted too much. I stopped for a week when Dokkan came out and went back, I had a mailbox full of SS-SSS pulls and all sorts of gems and other nonsense.. I went from a middling team of R troops and one S to everything being SS or better, with some extras on the bench. That took all the fun of discovery out of it. I know I got lucky with my SSR Vegeta without a single reroll, but filling out the rest of the team is most of the fun.

That's true. It's definitely a fun moment when you realize that even all those scrub characters are actually worth using once you've fused 10 of them together and awakened them.

Sure, the SSR will be stronger once he gets awakened and fused but that's a long way in the future for me.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Oh boy, a SR Chiaotzu.

Why do I keep trying?

I actually gave up trying and restarted a new account except this time I didn't try drawing any characters. I'm going to wait for the higher chance events before even thinking about it.

So far the z-awakened event characters, especially kid Gohan, is carrying my team. Too bad the ones with "chance to get" like Jackie Chun and Cyborg Tao never seem to drop for me even after dozens of tries.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Anyone else having trouble with Jackie Chun? On normal he's cake but on hard he suddenly gains the ability to two-shot my whole team.

If you mean Hard and not Z-Hard, that just means you need to bring more purple characters so you can eat his attacks safely.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Do you use your precious dragon stones to increase character inventory? I'm a bit of a hoarder so I didn't want to lose any R's and SR's I have but I'm thinking that the R's should at least go.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

I used a few stones to bump up my inventory size, it's a good idea unless you only want to maintain a single team.

But yeah once you've got a lot of SRs, Rs become training fodder.

Alright, I feel so stingy about the dragon stones though. Fed the R's into making Z-Awakened N's and now I have a shiny Z-Awakened Jackie Chun. Too bad I've been playing it over and over on Hard and Z-Hard but have only managed to grab 5. Would have been nice to have another level 10 super.

I'm going to be playing Mecha Frieza exclusively when the event starts. It won't be for lack of effort that I don't get a Level 10 Super Golden Frieza if I can help it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Already did Frieza 8 times on Hard without any luck. It looks like I'm going to have to grind this one out the hard way like I did with Jackie Chun (and the way I never got Cyborg Tao).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

Also, holy gently caress Mecha Freeza is a beast at Z-HARD.

Okay, if you're finding it hard I probably stand no chance with only one z-awakened PHY right now. Over a dozen tries so far and still no joy.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, if you're playing z-hard wouldn't the Jackie Chun and Krillin be a poor choice even if they're z-awakened?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

Tao looks awesome, that's why. :dealwithit:

And the only way Jackie Chun and Krillin would be poor if I aligned them to be the recipient of Freeza's attack. Which I wouldn't do - SAY GOODBYE.

Yes but their attacks are doing less than 100% damage since they're both z-awakened. I suppose if they're your hardest hitters then that's fine.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Update- at least 30 Frieza runs on Hard with zilch. Got a shitload of heal potions though.

Likewise. I shall commiserate with you.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So I tried Z-Hard and Mecha Frieza opens with a super doing 37k damage. Good game sir.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

isme posted:

For Mecha Frieza event, it's more important to get PHY characters to absorb attacks than to field your strongest attack team. My best rainbow team of 70s hard hitters do not survive as well as my average PHY team of 40s. I'd rather get a lovely Z-awakened R PHY in the team than put my Z-awakened, max level, SR TEQ Kid Gohan with Level 10 Super.

I brought three z-awakened PHY plus I was feeling pretty confident because I had a level 87 UR STR Goku as a partner. Guess which three characters came up first in the random selection...

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I have 0 still. I kind of hate you right now.

I've used all my stamina since the event started at midnight and I have zero as well. I ran it on Hard every single time except once on Normal and once on Z-Hard.

Share the pain!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You have to go into Gifts and accept the five stones you won.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Mine is at 6.. I'm about to burns some Dendes and Senzu Beans to try Z-Hard again.

Edit: WOW gently caress that nonsense, forgot how difficult that was.

I played Z-hard three times without getting Mecha Frieza. What waste of time.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

zelah posted:

I think I'm going to sit on my dragon stones until SSR has a higher chance of dropping. My team links alright as is. Teq final form freeza would be nice, but Tao and Chun link.

I've started to burn dragon stones to get Mecha Frieza. At least I have 4 now after two days of that. 200 attempts might be the average to get 10 but it looks like I'm on the unlucky end of that.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Burned over 20 dragon stones as well as the majority of my stamina since the event started and finally got some results. The drop rate in this game is pretty soul-crushing.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Other people get 25% drop rate on Z-Hard for Mecha Frieza. I get 0/5

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So I went all-out in the dying hours of the Mecha Frieza strike event. Burnt at least 40 dragon stones and at least a dozen Dende and Senzu each until I finally got my tenth copy literally within the last hour of the event. I'm glad I don't care about King Cold because I don't think I can do that again for that long time. At least I can stop whining about it.

On the plus side, I'm now rank 54 and Hard missions are about as difficult as Normal missions (i.e., I don't really have to bother to do any sort of color matching to breeze through). I guess this was the equivalent of training in 100x gravity.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 12, 2015

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

Z-HARD is 100x gravity. HARD is weighted clothing.

Yes, I played Z-Hard Mecha Frieza at least a dozen times which is why Hard is now Normal to me.

Also, I did three runs of King Cold (Normal, Hard, Z-Hard) and immediately got him. Figures the character I don't care about is presented to me on a silver platter.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, good (S)SR* characters tend to be better than un-Z-Awakened SSR characters. There are also freaks like the event Kid Gohan who can outpace even SSR* characters in damage output.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Well, I'm comparing a Level 10 Super Kid Gohan to Zarbon SSR* in damage output only so it's not a completely fair comparison. Zarbon is far more tanky in comparison. I'm only saying that the event Kid Gohan is a solid performer to be clear.

Nuebot posted:

Was it worth it?
SSR* Mecha Frieza is pretty powerful and when I turn him into Golden Frieza, it will be all worth it. Considering my bad luck with summoning using dragon stones, I'd say I got a good deal out of this even if I had poo poo luck.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I envy your conviction, I could never spend stones like that. I forever dream that each pull could mean an SSR. It never is.

Anyway! Cold has links with Mecha Frieza, Form 2 and Form 3 Frieza. Also Chilled. So there's going to be a Chilled added in soon which I assume will be an event related to the Bardock movies mentioned earlier.

Well, I just tell myself I spent 40 dragon stones for 10 SR's instead of maybe 2 (and one's Zarbon) from a 50 dragon stone pull to make myself feel better about it.

I'm burnt out enough that I don't intend to grind King Cold. I have my single copy already and I'll probably run hard to get ultra rare items but that's the limit. I do already have Frieza 2 so I already have half a Frieza family team.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Is 8-5 Hard the only non-Z-Hard way to get the Supreme Kai medal? That level doesn't spawn gold capsules for me after one run.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Not impressed unless he is a drop as well!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Is there a particular map I can grind for Supreme Kai? That Japanese wiki says 8-5 hard but the gold capsule disappeared after the first one I grabbed (South Kai).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Did anyone else get super excited about the golden capsules in the Bardock story missions only to quickly be disappointed they drop only the awakening medals for Bardock?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I had been playing OPTC but Dokkan is a way better game. I've already got a team of #17, #18, Ginyu, Jeice, Mercenary Tao and Freiza 2nd Form. In short thanks dudes for chatting it up.

My team now has Mecha Frieza, Form 2 Frieza, Despair Frieza and King Cold. I'm pretty happy but I would REALLY love to have a SSJ2 Goku or SSJ Bardock. I know that if I do the 10x roll I'll just get SR Krillin though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Incredibly jealous. I did my multi-roll and at least I got some SR's I guess. I don't think I'll ever get a SSR from a roll.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I am so jealous of people who get SSR's from their pulls. I'm convinced it's all lies and that every single screenshot like that one are just there to make me used my single disposable income on dragon stones.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Just level up to max, Z-awaken and kill things with color correctness. I'm so jealous.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

You could give me that SR Jeice, for starters.

Shame you don't have Burter, the Ginyu Force guys are really good together.

I wish it were possible to trade characters.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Your low HP will be a problem. Kid Vegeta hits like a truck so bring the healing items.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Is Kid Vegeta just a regular boss, or is he a gimmick like Final Bardock Stage Freiza who only attacks every turn with a super?

Regular boss as far as I can tell.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Getimmaaw posted:

So tempted to blow my 50 stones trying to pull ssj bardock. Anyone have any idea what the next event might be?

I burned all 150 I had with no luck. This game doesn't encourage me to spend money because it doesn't give any sort of hope. I have enough R's that I'm using them as (inefficient) training fodder now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Edit: It costs how much Zeni to awaken SSRs? :eyepop: :retrogames:

Zeni isn't an issue, I have over 4 million for instance but the Supreme Kai and Old Kai medals are supposed to be hard to find.