Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I wish I had a place on my team for Kid Gohan, but both my really stellar pulls from early on are greens- SSR Super Saiyan Vegeta and SR>SSR Z-Awakened 17.

Just so you know, that Kid Gohan's leader skill is TEQ (green) type ATK increased by 20% :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Did the Dragon Stone Multi-summon, didn't get any of Frieza's transformations and my only SR was a TEQ Raditz...

Well, at least I can start a saiyan team with him and the Nappa and Vegeta from the event, I also got a STR Android 19 and a INT Dr. Gero so now I have a full balanced android team with Androids 16 through 20 with a Cell Jr. as a pet. Also got an INT Guldo which I heard are valuable for Ginyu teams, just missing Jeice and Ginyu to complete mine.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Maaan, now I really regret failing to get Jackie Chun, I'd love to make an early Dragon Ball deck.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Finally got him, between strike events and farming awakening medals I can't remember the last time I actually played story mode.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

So why some awakened characters add "super" to their type while others add "extreme"?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I wish the androids had better links. I just got an SR AGI 18. I have a mix of 16s, a 17, two 19s, SR Dr. Gero and the Pilaf Fusion Robot. The 16, 17, and 19s I have are all PHY, limiting things somewhat, but I don't know if Android Assault and Twin Terrors/The Innocents is worth trying to build a team around.

I main an android team and can confirm 17 and 18 next to each other kick some major rear end. Also, 19's and Gero's energy absorption ability (chance of recovering 25% of damage dealt) is pretty handy, specially since it can also work with super attacks.

Funny, since one of your PHY 19 would be perfect for my deck. I just wish I had that Rare (not awakened) PHY Cell Jr. from my Friend Summoning's scouter drop already, or another good SR one for this deck since I have a PHY 18 too but I don't want to stop levelling my SR one since I'll probably need her in the future for the harder stages.

Kelp Plankton posted:

:siren:Info on Dokkan Awakening from Reddit:siren:

but basically any SR Frieza (including a SR version of final form frieza that we havent gotten yet) can become SSR Gold Frieza, both SR Roshi's can become SSR Roshi, both R Chi Chis can become SR Kid Chi Chi but the rest require specific cards that can become other cards

Kid Krillin is also one of these so anyone who wants a DB themed team with Kid Goku, Chi Chi, and Krillin on it will want to keep an eye out for the SR Krillin that you need. and hold onto an R chi chi.

Oh, I have that R STR Krillin, so I can have kid Goku and kid Krillin, hope I get a Roshi or Chichi in my next multisummon.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 9, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Did what is probably my last dragon stone multisummon for a long time since I already beat Normal mode and I'm already halfway through Hard mode.

Bit disappointed, didn't get anything for my future early Dragon Ball deck and got 3 rare guys I already had. At least I got the SR STR Videl that can be dokkan-awakened into Great Saiyaman 2, and since the teen Gohan that can turn into Great Saiyaman will be a farmable event I'll have the couple of dorks :3:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Be thankful he's got that going for him. Some of the links don't make any goddamn sense. Gokus and Gohans that don't link together, Gohans that don't link to Chi-Chi, Gohan and Piccolo just get "Z-Fighters" and not some sort of teacher/student father/son bond..

There are no links between Krillin and 18, but Videl links with Nappa because why not.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I really wish Heroes became either an american thing, or got some kind of home version. Because it looks really fun and I would buy right into it.

Isn't the Heroes "arcade game" just a graphic interface for a card game?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I... I just got a SR card from a regular friend points multi-summon (AGL Mercenary Tao) :psyduck:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I hope Bardock's friends aren't the new armored Krillin from the summoning pool, I couldn't care less about them.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Fffffuck that noise, I'm keeping my dragon stones till the next one.

Next event: Garlic Jr. re-revenge :suicide:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Now I hope Bardock's event last long enough for me to be ready to get Kid Vegeta, right now I can't even defeat the saibamen bosses (I can beat one of them, woo) in Z-Hard with my current PHY-centered team :shepface:

I guess I should start working on my SR PHY Gohan, King Cold and other half-leveled SR guys. What is the consensus for best method of power-leveling?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have a ton of Rares now, and I have a couple question. Are there any Rares I should look out for and keep? With a bunch of extra rares, should I just train them all into one and z-awaken them like with N's, or should I go the extra step of getting Ns, z-awakening them, and then feeding those to my rares to awaken them that way?

Just make sure you keep Rs from this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3g6p1g/japan_dokkan_awaken_characters/

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Is this team good enough to take on Kid Vegeta once King Cold is Z-awakened? I don't really want to try to spawn him until I'm sure I'm ready.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

drat, that sounds harsh. Although I've been avoiding using good items so far so that wouldn't be a problem, I also don't mind using a few dragon stones.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The fact that even the best of the best pulls still have like half of them being Bardock's friends only reinforces my decision to sit this one out.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Haerc posted:

Any tips on power leveling characters? I've just been burning training items and training arenas with N's of the same type as the character I'm trying to level.

I've heard leveling an N to max and z-awakening them, then using them to train works best?

I've been using "Go Team Bardock!" on Hard to train lately, you fight two bosses that give good EXP and if you bring a Lv1 N character along it'll reach level 20 just by clearing the stage once so you can awaken him and feed him to whoever for even more EXP without having to waste battle cards/training items to level up the N guy.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Update is go, and we get 3 free dragon stones because the description of some item was wrong, woo.

According to the update, chair Frieza and Chilled can randomly drop at any difficulty. Next strike event is King Vegeta, as assumed.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

You can also obtain both of these from Hard mode. Furious Transformation for Chilled and Last Battles for Frieza."

Do they only drop in Hard or higher? Or would that only raise the chances like with strike events? The update text isn't specific about it.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I got King Vegeta on my third try but I've been doing the Furious Transformation stage since it was available non stop and still no Chilled, anybody has really got it to randomly drop on Hard?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Did the Ginyu Force multi-summon, Goku was in SSJ and these are the results:

So I'm just missing SR Burter, luckily I have a R one and several friends have the SR one. Guldo was a pleasant surprise since I don't think there's any other TEQ Ginyu Force member but god, is the picture ugly.
I already had SR Jeice so now he has Super Attack Level 4.

Now, I'm not sure what to do about those Ginyus, I already have the other SR INT Ginyu that has a better Leader skill (+25% max HP) than these (+25% Attack INT types) in my opinion, should I feed them to him? Is there any site I can see their final stats to compare?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Are you from the future? How did you even get that?

I got that announcement as well several hours ago, I'm in Spain if that matters.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

So the "10 or more training items acquired" mission is bullshit. I finally got lucky enough to get 10 items during Korin's Tower and I didn't get it. So you have to get at least 11 which as far as I can tell is near impossible unless you're extremely lucky.

I didn't find it too difficut to get in Korin's Tower, are playing it on Hard? Keep in mind "?" panels practically always give you training items as well in that map.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Got Piccolo Jr. in the fifth attempt.

As expected, he mostly links with bad guys and not with the Z-warriors.
For some reason he has a link, Strength in Unity, that only has him :psyduck:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I don't know if it's deliberated but I'm pretty sure they just copypasted the cyborg tao from the event, maybe forgetting he could still drop his card.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Nappa is really versatile and has links with many teams. On the other hand I'm a sucker for early DB so I'd probably train Jackie Chun first.

STR Videl will have a dokkan awakening so you might want to have her ready too.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

There really should always be a way to dragon summon that is not through an event, it's criminal to get duplicated cards in a multisummon when the R and SR pool is so ridiculously huge.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Believe it or not, this was a SSJ Goku multi-pull.

I ALREADY had that SR Android 18 :argh: The only positive thing is that now I have a Chichi I can dokkan awake (even though I'd have prefered the INT one since Kid Krillin can only be STR).

Well, the Ginyu Force multipull was quite good so I guess this brought balance, but still hurts.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

What's the best way to level up Normal characters, in order to awaken them and use them as training fodder? I know if you beat the first level of the Bardock Event on hard you could easily level an N card all the way to 20 in one go. Are there any levels in the main quest that let you do that?

I currently do that in Terror Returns -> Telekinesis Rampage on Hard, you need stronger STR and PHY guys than you needed for Bardock's stage, though (if your strongest guys have different elements you can try on a different Ginyu/Bardock guy combo stage, since most of them have 2 boss battles). Also, in each of the Guldo/Shugesh battles, the one on the right is much stronger than the one on the left for some reason so change the target at the start.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

You could also pick other game like this and start anew, like the One Piece one.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. Well, I didn't manage to get Chair Frieza, Chilled or Kid Vegeta so good for me.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Cozz posted:

Man, I have 4 days until I hit day 60. And bump up Kid Goku's Super Attack again.

I also learned today that I was an idiot and grinding the wrong stage during the last Bardock event for Chilled (or the drop rate was worse than I thought). I was able to get a second one by playing "Dastardly Space Pirate", when the last time I was playing "Furious Transformation". I also got lucky and got a second Kid Vegeta today. An all 60+ PHY team Kinda mitigated his hard hitting. No luck on getting Chair Frezia from that stage, but Using Bardock as training fodder is not bad.

gently caress, I wasted so many stamina bars in "Dastardly Space Pirate" it's not funny...

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

:rolldice:

:suicide:

6/10 I already had, including the SR Tien.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

To train the fodder N cards keep in mind there are stages that can level them up all the way to level 20 in one go, find one of them you can beat easily with a team of 5 (I use telekinetic rampage in terror returns on hard) and you can easily keep creating z-awakened N guys without wasting training items/locations while also getting a nice chunk of exp for the other team members.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

ugh they're bringing Mercenary Tao's event back again, lame

where's the Vegeta event? That's the one that needs a repeat the most, if we're not going to get new stuff for a while

I've got good news for you.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Syrant posted:

So, the missions that reward you for beating something on hard without using an item, how am I to interpret 'stage' in that? Is the number related to the individual maps or the entire arc of missions for that scenario? Hard (9) doesn't tell me exactly what it means. I guess it's not using an item for anything in one of the big arcs.

The number refers to the chapter number, so you only need to do one stage of each "arc" to get those.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I really need a SR Jeice and I really wanted SSJ Trunks and never got him. :unsmith:

You can't have your SR Jeice because the RNG keeps giving all of them to me.

(I already had one)

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Do you get more exp for a character by training them with two awakened rares, or by combining those two rares first and then using that with the character you want to train?

I *think* once they're awakened it's better to use more of them instead of combining them, keep in mind training items and stages give bonus exp per character used.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The app store update crashes the game for me after the Mr. Satan screen :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Update is go. No new event and no story expansion :(

There's an inactive World Tournament button on the main screen though.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 29, 2015