Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I made a second account on an old device so I can reroll until I get all the friezas, if possible, in my spare time. God help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mecha Freiza's started.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Wuxi posted:

On one hand a SSR isn't really needed, but on the other hand rerolling is really easy, if a bit mind-numbing (be sure to have something else to do while doing it)

How long are transfer codes active? I still have a spare SSR Trunks account and a spare SSR Goku, but I haven't played them in a while. They're 2-3 (crappy) rolls into the game already, but hey - SSR is SSR and if somebody here wants one of those just say something.

An SSR isn't needed, but I don't know if there are other form 4 frieza cards and I'm dedicated to an all frieza team. I have no clue how long the codes are active though, I'm still trying to grind up the 50 stones for the first roll. Takes a while.

Anyway, mecha freezer is pretty tough. Even with a type advantage he's hitting my team for over 3k each turn. Having a team of really good PHYS types is pretty much mandatory I think.

EDIT: while I'm bitching, I really wish there was something in the game to stop it from generating huge fields of damage spaces while at the same time only giving you one or two movement pieces. The game deciding you have no chance to win is never fun.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 6, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I've just now realized those little can items are health restores. So I've been chugging my stock of like 70+ green and blue cans to beat hard robo freezer when he decides to spam his super. Still no drop but I can do it now. Turns out this R Android 16 I had, hits like a drat truck. I thought it'd be useless but I've had him do more damage than some of the other similarly levelled units' supers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The ginyu misison is where I am now. I've cleared up to that on normal and hard.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Shine posted:

Just like in the show!

He gets a 2000 attack buff after taking damage, and his base stats are way higher than my other PHYS R's. He's dope.

So that's the trick. I should probably read these passives more. Anyway, still no frieza drop, this game hates me and wants to shatter my dreams.

Kelp Plankton posted:

New login giveaway event, free SR Kid Goku tonight and then various login gifts for about a week including 7 Dragonstones.

Anyone know if the Kid Goku is any good or what typing he has? I want to keep him around for when we get Kid Vegeta and build a gimmick team of children.

Edit: typing is blue btw

There's also going to be a king kai planet, which I assume is a training location. I think that'll be our first one?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

cptn_dr posted:

Nah, you can get a bunch through one of the Dragonball wishes.

Oh, okay. I haven't gotten all the balls every time yet. Are there any wishes that get you more stones aside from that first one?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

isme posted:

For Mecha Frieza event, it's more important to get PHY characters to absorb attacks than to field your strongest attack team. My best rainbow team of 70s hard hitters do not survive as well as my average PHY team of 40s. I'd rather get a lovely Z-awakened R PHY in the team than put my Z-awakened, max level, SR TEQ Kid Gohan with Level 10 Super.

No kidding, I still use my frieza as a leader because he has the best boost, the best my PHY types give is 10% I think. But his damage is outclassed by all except the weakest of my PHY rares even though he's 10+ levels ahead of them even, and if he ever gets hit because I'm dumb he takes so much damage that it basically means game over. My strategy mostly relies on using Tough As Nails links which most of my PHY types have to survive longer.

EDIT: Still no Mecha Frieza.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 7, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Petiso posted:

Finally got him, between strike events and farming awakening medals I can't remember the last time I actually played story mode.

Welcome to these kind of game. Normal progression is what you do in an afternoon on the one day of the month when there's no events going.

Speaking of medals, I've taken a small frieza break to awaken all of my PHY type dudes to make killing him easier. hooray.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Finally rolled a third Cyborg Freeza. One on normal, hard, and z-hard.

Z-Hard is far too consuming of materials to be worth it, however. I'm farming potions from the Hard mission.

I have 0 still. I kind of hate you right now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

If it helps, I'm still at zero Robo-Freezers too. I'm starting to wonder if an all-PHY team is actually the best way to approach it. I feel like while I take (a little) less damage I'm also putting out way less because nobody ever seems to get Super and it's even pretty rare anyone gets to 100%. Maybe if I actually had a better group of PHY to run, but I'm thinking I'll swap back to my rainbow team.

He likes to pull out his supers a lot I find. I'm not sure if it's random or not but literally any time I've had a non-PHY type take a hit from him it's been a 13k super. It might be slower with an all PHY team but at least it's consistent now, I wouldn't be able to beat Z Hard anyway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

whens gold frieza

I am going to wear your skin as a suit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah EoI Frieza is probably the best to turn into Gold Frieza. Mine has a lv2 super so unless I get real lucky with Mecha Frieza drops (which I won't, I've only gotten one so far) that's probably who I'll do it to too.

The only problem with Frieza Forms Team is that I'm going to end up with like 3 reds, 2 greens, and 1 purple. Not the best coverage. Good gimmick though, very strong links.

So do you need to have a level 10 super for it? Because it seems like the mecha frieza is the only one you could reasonably do that for.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That's kind of a relief actually. I thought you had to have a level 10 super. Level 10 supers are great, but they're not all that necessary considering how rare it is to even get one off in most fights unless you use those orb changing items. I guess I'm just going to have to hope they'll make another Final Form frieza card in the future. Some AGI and PHY frieza types would be nice.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Well I'm not so broken up about not getting the SSR now. Leader skills don't matter too much since I started with the Emperor of Inequity frieza who will probably be my main leader for most teams.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I still don't have a mecha frieza. I wish this game had a trading feature.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Batmasterson posted:

I can't count the amount of times I've run this stupid Frieza strike event to no avail. Stocking up on potions is a nice runners up prize I guess, but I'm really starting to hate strike events.

I went from 70 green potions to over 100 and I'm using them pretty liberally too.

Anyway for dokkan awakening, do they have to be fully Z awoken? Like for the SR Cooler, would it have to be Z Awoken into an SSR* Cooler to become the SSR Final Form?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I finally got a Mecha freezer. I can finally die at peace.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Good luck with the other 9 :)

At this rate I'll have like 3 by the time the event ends.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got another frieza. I think my luck has finally come in!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

I played Z-hard three times without getting Mecha Frieza. What waste of time.

Meanwhile I got my third. I have stolen your luck.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Still no Mecha Freeza. I tried fighting him on hard, but I got him down to something like double digit health and then he killed me. I have one really good PHY card, but only one.

I'm saving up my stones for a multi-roll so I can't try to roll another just yet. I do have an N PHY Spopovich, do you think if I Z-Awakened him he would do any good?

My team is mostly made of non-awakened R PHY dudes so probably. Also don't be afraid to use the health restore drinks, green cans especially. Mecha Frieza seems to drop them at a pretty good rate.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

7 stones was nice. I'm not sure if I want to save it or take another frieza machine gamble.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got an R Nail from a friend points pull. He has a "Namekians" link. It's just him and Piccolo.

Anyway Mecha Frieza is pretty crazy strong, even at low levels his super hits really hard.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Be thankful he's got that going for him. Some of the links don't make any goddamn sense. Gokus and Gohans that don't link together, Gohans that don't link to Chi-Chi, Gohan and Piccolo just get "Z-Fighters" and not some sort of teacher/student father/son bond..

Meanwhile Goku links to Goku with Siblings. :shepface:

Kind of bummed out that the Mecha Frieza event ends today though. I still only have three and considering I'll probably want to keep at least one as a spare unless I manage to pull another EoI Frieza, this event was kind of disappointing with its drop rates.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I wonder what's next. Maybe android 13? I saw him on that Dokkan Awakening list.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kind of surprised they're bothering to give Cold anything considering how much of a chump he was. Is it just me though or is there a serious over abundance of STR types?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That picture is great with the camera aimed right at his junk. Did Cold even show up in any of the other games? I can't recall him ever being playable. Which, frankly, is a shame. I would have loved to see some kind of non-canon final form king cold.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I really wish Heroes became either an american thing, or got some kind of home version. Because it looks really fun and I would buy right into it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tae posted:

Raditz has multiple cards with a huge list of links, and King Cold is what gives pause?

Raditz was the first enemy of Dragon Ball Z and, indirectly, killed Goku. Cold was a sidenote to his own franken-son.

Anyway Mecha Frieza ended, one of mine has +2 skill, the other has one. I'll leave it at that unless I can find a better Frieza to turn gold. At least I got a ton of training items out of this, too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I feel like I should have more progress in some of these. Defeat 100 Saibamen? Come the gently caress on.

Now that I have things to murderize again though, yeah.. This is awesome.

Fallout Shelter this week. Hope it doesn't peel me away from this. Maybe I'll only play it in my stamina downtime.

Honestly Fallout Shelter isn't that great. It's basic mechanic are fun, but it's got some glaring flaws that can really be a deal breaker on it.

Anyway, it feels like they did some changing around of the mechanics or something because it seems like I'm getting Super Attacks off a lot more than I used to. But I might just be going insane after playing that Mecha Frieza mission so much.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

So I went all-out in the dying hours of the Mecha Frieza strike event. Burnt at least 40 dragon stones and at least a dozen Dende and Senzu each until I finally got my tenth copy literally within the last hour of the event. I'm glad I don't care about King Cold because I don't think I can do that again for that long time. At least I can stop whining about it.

On the plus side, I'm now rank 54 and Hard missions are about as difficult as Normal missions (i.e., I don't really have to bother to do any sort of color matching to breeze through). I guess this was the equivalent of training in 100x gravity.

Was it worth it?

Echophonic posted:

Man, there's a TON of new characters in the update, wonder when the stone pull will be updated. Here's some stuff I found looking at links:

• I guess Mighty Mask and King Vegeta are the next strike events, since they got added to the Bombardment link, along with Piccolo Jr.
  • There's also Majin Buu and Perfect Cell in Revival,
  • a TON of new Saiyans like SSJ2 Goku, Bardock, and Majin Vegeta in Saiyan Warrior Race,
  • some Kid Trunks in Vegeta Family,
  • Goten and Kaioken Goku in Kamehameha,
  • Future 17 and 18 in Android Assault
  • Debura and Babidi in Brutal Beatdown.

Probably a ton more, but I feel like that's a ton of stuff already. Looks like the general theme is the Bardock movies and the Buu saga.

I guess the next dragon stone event will be buu saga then, maybe? If so I'm okay with that because I don't really care about buu much so I won't want to waste my stones.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

Well, I'm comparing a Level 10 Super Kid Gohan to Zarbon SSR* in damage output only so it's not a completely fair comparison. Zarbon is far more tanky in comparison. I'm only saying that the event Kid Gohan is a solid performer to be clear.

SSR* Mecha Frieza is pretty powerful and when I turn him into Golden Frieza, it will be all worth it. Considering my bad luck with summoning using dragon stones, I'd say I got a good deal out of this even if I had poo poo luck.

I envy your conviction, I could never spend stones like that. I forever dream that each pull could mean an SSR. It never is.

Anyway! Cold has links with Mecha Frieza, Form 2 and Form 3 Frieza. Also Chilled. So there's going to be a Chilled added in soon which I assume will be an event related to the Bardock movies mentioned earlier.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm torn between wanting to farm up enough stones for one last multi-pull but at the same time, that image makes me not want to because I know I'll get something like that. Ten Tiens probably.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tae posted:

My one 50 stone summon attempt also got me a bunch of meh poo poo. As much as I get salty over constant rare pulls, it's probably better to do individual summons if I want a high-tier card.

On a side-note, Brutal Beatdown is a pretty good link for a bunch of seemingly random cards.

Has anyone actually done the numbers on the pulls? Because I've seen people say that you're more likely to get SSRs from single pulls too, but I'm uncertain who to trust.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity about the Golden Frieza this site only lists him as purple with a different skill than Mecha Frieza, I thought people were saying he kept the typing used to evolve him?

EDIT2: Turns out there are two golden friezas. Also reading more on this Japanese site it seems it's genuinely better to roll single rolls whether you're trying for SRs or SSRs.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 13, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Lots of new cards we can't get yet. Cell forms, Buu, Bardock stuff (including ssj Bardock), even Beerus and Whis are in there. And ssj2 Goku.

Next few 'new card' events should be interesting.

Also there's a lot of new Frieza troop types in the new story chapters, which is cool. More minion variety is always nice.

I got over 50 Dragonstones today thanks to the new achievement stuff and I've got a lot more left to get from it, so it seems pretty nice overall. Sitting on about 110 right now waiting for a good rate up event after more SSRs are added, since I've got 4 of the current small pool of them. Perfect Cell would sure be nice to have.

It looks like we might be getting Dokkan Awakening pretty early, compared to the Japanese version. I'm guessing we'll be getting the Resurrection F stuff when it comes out in October?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'd just like to mention that once this frieza thing ends I'm saving all my stones for this as far as I can tell it's an enhanced rate revival gacha of those villains and that golden frieza is pretty rad, and Cell is cool. Well that and Cooler.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah I'm levelling mine up because he'll be great for any future purple events. If there's ever a mecha freiza return that jerk is getting a dad-based beat down.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I just Z-Awakened my Emperor of Inequity Frieza and oh man that power boost is nuts. He hits regularly for over 10k now and he hasn't even hit 61 yet,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

SR EoI Frieza is super good and I cannot wait to turn him into a Gold Frieza. It even boosts his leader skill to be higher.

I'm not sure if I'd rather do that or just try for that gacha gold frieza instead. Does EoI frieza drop from rolls?