Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Thanks for your input, Something Awful Forums User The Devil Tesla

OP, can we have that added to the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've been trying it on Hard and it's a cakewalk. Very Hard obliterates me. It's a decent grind though, doesn't take too long, great drops, decent cash.

I beat the story on Normal, going back through on Hard. I'm at the Ginyu level and it's a bit rough but I'm forcing my way through.

I desperately need an Int character who isn't garbage. I'd love a Piccolo or one of those new Gohans...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Finally pulled a SR Int character! ...unfortunately, it's loving Zarbon, but beggars can't be choosers.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think the Z-Hard difficulty is intended to be tackled by a full team of Z-Awakened SR characters or better. It's just absurdly difficult.

Finished the story mode on Normal, going through it again on Hard now for more dragon stones. I figure by the time I finish that I'll be good to go on Z-Hard now that my whole team is SR except for my Int guy, who I need to replace at some point but he's good for now.

I'm doing the same. Slow going but I really dig this game. Wish I could just pay real moneys and turn off the stamina system.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Esroc posted:

Dokkan really needs a colorblind mode. It took me an embarrassing amount of time to notice the differences in orbs and to figure out which attribute corresponds to what color, and I still get tripped up occasionally.

And after my first twenty stones netted me three Tiens and a Raditz I've become too scared to spend stones anymore so they're just piling up. Dokkan is still a lot more fun than PAD so far though.

I've gotten two things twice- a R Krillin, and a SSR Vegeta.. You've probably used up all your bad luck, give it another go :)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

After getting 18, 19, and Videl out of my first draws, I decided to make a team of half androids and half wives. After that I got Burter and Jeice (really lucky since they both link up doubly) and then... another 19 (you can only have 1 of each character in your party) and the exact same Jeice.

I wish we could trade with our friends, I'd gladly trade for someone's duplicate Dr. Gero.

Combining two of the same character makes their super move level up, so you actually got kinda lucky :)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

BurningDance posted:

I just started Dokkan Battle and got an SSR Vegeta off the bat with my initial set of Dragon Stones. Here's to hoping I can enjoy this game. Anyway, here is my friend ID: 2665602435.

If anyone's curious, you can play this on an emulator (droid4x) and it works fine.

You lucky bastard. So many people rerolled so many times to try to get him.

(I got him randomly early on too :) )

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Wait, what? How do you tell the power of the super move?

Here's Goku! He's a Z-awakened SR, but his Super Move is at level 1 because I've never found another one of him.

Here's his best buddy Krillin! He's a Z-awakened R, but I've found 3 of him and crammed them all together, so his Super Move is 3.

When you combine two identical characters, it bumps up their Super Move on the Training screen.

This makes their super do a lot more damage. That Krillin is a loving beast.

Hope this helps :)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm having a really hard time getting INT people that don't suck.. I wonder if their stats are all weighted funny. I had an INT SR Zarbon, but I already use a different Zarbon on my team, so I let a INT SR Dr. Gero eat him. I'm not too fond of him either, but meh.. unless I get Piccolo or Gohan, I guess I'm stuck with him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Listen to this nice man explain how to level up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPM5u8ugg9Q

Also everyone should get a Super ATK 10 Chinese Gohan.

How do you go about getting more than one Gohan? I just re-played the final mission and got nothing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

You get one every time you clear the last stage on Normal. You don't get it on hard or z-hard.

Wow, that seems like a bit of an oversight... oh well. That attack of his is insane.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are you guys going for 1 of each type, or some overlapping types and using a color as a "wildcard", or what is your strategy?

I was attempting 1 of each type, but ended up with overlapping Blues and Greens.. I keep flip-flopping my Int/Phy slot because I don't have anyone great to fill that niche. I was using a R Z-awakened Chi-Chi until I landed a bunch of Krillins, which upped his Super enough for him to be more viable than her. If I found an SR+ Str, I'd replace him pretty quickly..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I think I'm obsessed with this game. I can't stop.

Also, I had 10 stones or so saved up from going back through Hard mode, plus the event stones that we got today, and I did 3 rolls. I consider myself very lucky to this point, but goddamn that was some garbage. Jeice, Chiaotzu, and the Pilaf Gang robot. What a loving waste.

I got both R Nale and R Piccolo from a friendship roll.. also useless with my team. At least they're decent training fodder.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I snagged Cyber Tao today too. He's not quite as strong yet, but he's replacing my R Z-Awakened Krillin.. I actually like doing the little missions like that over and over, they're quick, easy, decent money, decent items, and possibility of a good card.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My first time back I got a second Tao, but the subsequent half-dozen times I got nothing.. It's still a decent item run. I wish I could spend Zeni for healing items. That's the biggest thing holding me back from progressing with my Hard run. Enemies that can hit you for 25k on a Super are brutal. Almost have to stay topped off.

Did anyone come up with a good farming level?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

The last vs Vegeta level gives a good bit of rank xp on hard. You have to hit pretty hard to beat it though.

Which one? The "Arise, Saiyan Prince" level or the "Assault of the Saiyans" one?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought Goku HAD to be super saiyan during the summoning scene to get a super rare or better, but I guess not since I got SR Ginyu from normal Goku.

Yeah I think it's just a luck bonus.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wish I had a place on my team for Kid Gohan, but both my really stellar pulls from early on are greens- SSR Super Saiyan Vegeta and SR>SSR Z-Awakened 17.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Does SR Cyborg Tao kinda blow or is it just me? His Leader skill is okay, but if you already have that role filled he's kinda lackluster. I wanted him to replace my R Tien but he's pretty much the same. One thing I do like about him is he has a link with SR Dodoria.

I wanna farm him some more before the event is up, but am I right in saying that farming and training him will only make his Super more powerful? His overall battle performance is still gonna be on the weak side, I think.

Oh well. Worse was spending near 50 stones for the new SSR Gohan and not getting it. :smith:

My alternative is a Z-awakened Rare Krillin. I'm drowning in Agi stuff, but I'm getting shafted on Str and Int.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if the game will let me use Master Roshi and Jackie Chun on the same team.

Holy gently caress I can't wait for him. He'll totally take the Tao spot.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I kind of like Tao because he has a link with Chaotsu and Tien who I still use.

He links with Raditz too, and I happened to get a SR Phy of him. Strangely, I also had a SR Phy Vegeta, and Raditz's raw stats were head and shoulders beyond Vegeta's.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This game really needs some sort of achievement system like Dragon Blaze or something. I'm in the last set of levels on Hard, so I'm running out of options to get new Dragon Stones. I wish you'd get stone or money payouts for hitting different rank milestones or getting X number of Super Rares or something, just to keep it all flowing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

There's always Z-HARD.

Or the events.

I wasted all my stones from completing Hard. :(

I've done 2 levels of Z-Hard and it takes a TON of healing poo poo and buffs, so not worth it. I plan on using Jackie Chun rather than Tao, but I'm farming Tao on Hard because it's easy and I can usually get some supports out of it.

Also, with today's seal event, I've farmed enough for 4/5 of my SSR Vegeta's Awakenings.. Just need to get a Supreme Kai (and a fuckload of Zeni)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

I have Z-Awakenings for all my characters. Just have to farm zeni to afford it. 500,000 for each is quite annoying.

Do you have a favorite place for that, or do you just hit Hercule over and over on the weekends?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Those medal dailies are so lucrative that I've pretty much stopped progressing on quest mode due to burning all my stamina on medal runs.

I've hit a wall in my Hard run that I can't overcome without throwing Z-Awakening some dudes or filling my item bar with 2 of every high dollar healing item, so I really only do events now too.

I hope this isn't a flash-burn type thing for me, because I'm really digging this so far. Moves aren't a "no brainer", you really have to think things through. I wish I could get a better grip on how orbs filter down, or if there is any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes they drop down like you'd imagine, sometimes they "hop" over each other. I hate that starting a chain on a rainbow orb doesn't always go the way you'd expect. Having some control over that would be nice. Sometimes I just want to build extra Dokkan by having it follow one trail that connects to my dude's color, even if it's shorter.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What do I need to do to find a Supreme Kai training thingie? I need one for my SSR Vegeta but I've never spotted him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Yeah, it sucks. It's not like the Kid Gohan event where it was easy as poo poo to get him to Super Level 10. :(

They probably realized their mistake.. That kid is a beast.

Also, I love whoever named these missions. "Red-Hot Rumble"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Zeron posted:

I don't really mind because I have yet to get a single decent drop the entire time I've played the game. My entire team is event dropped Rares because I haven't gotten anything better than them yet. I've gotten so much chaff.

Conversely, I quit Dragon Blaze BECAUSE I was gifted too much. I stopped for a week when Dokkan came out and went back, I had a mailbox full of SS-SSS pulls and all sorts of gems and other nonsense.. I went from a middling team of R troops and one S to everything being SS or better, with some extras on the bench. That took all the fun of discovery out of it. I know I got lucky with my SSR Vegeta without a single reroll, but filling out the rest of the team is most of the fun.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hey, anyone just logging in to get Gifts, can you let me know what the Gift message says? I thought it said something about Z-Awakening the Goku you get from the event to get 5 stones but I did that and nothing happened.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why did I have it in my head that he was going to be red? That's kind of a bummer. Really don't need another green, but I'm going to grind him out anyway in case I need a full green group some day. Guess I can finally Z-Awaken Tao without regret.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

Fate/Grand Order out for Android. Might mess around with it a little before it comes out for iOS
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aniplex.fategrandorder

I watched the Episode 0 prologue to this anime (or one in this series) a few days ago and really like it. Is there one that isn't written in squiggles? Because I don't speak squiggles.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This game needs an Energy widget.. I play it a lot at work and have to do actual work things when I run out of energy :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wish I could trade off things. I have several SR I can't loving use and it drives me insane.. I've been running a green SR Android 17, plus my "main" is green SSR Vegeta.. then I got a blue SR Android 17 and a blue SR Burter. Just sitting there at level 1. I don't want to get rid of them, but I have 2 green and 2 blue in my party already, and I couldn't have 2 17's anyway.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fallorn posted:

Remember keep them all balance changes happen and so do new teams once you level up and awaken your current team. It is not a bad thing it just opens up choices in the future. I am now using lvl 60 awakened Napa from the event in my team because he was super easy to get leveled and really strong because I had very little Int characters.

Oh I know.. I'm keeping the event Nappa and Vegeta too. I've got a lot of nonsense sitting around.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

I've got 50 Dragonstones now, I should save them for a rate up event or when they add SSGSSJ Goku right?

I had 37ish and couldn't hold back anymore and blew my load this morning right after I woke up, so I probably wasn't in the best state of mind.. I got all Rares plus one SR duplicate of a card I already use, so while it wasn't a total bust, it also wasn't worth it in the least. If there's really some rate up event.. I'll probably just spend real money because I'm loving the hell out of this game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

kag3man3 posted:

I have a question to which I am not sure people will know the answer to. Do the end of stage bosses drop as cards after fighting them the way strike bosses do?

You mean in story mode? No they do not. At least, not to my knowledge.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

In my experience, the same thing goes for Zarbon.. I've had 2 different SRs of him, a purple and an orange, and both were trash when compared to other comparable characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That ship has sailed when I was being greedy and dumb. I know better now and wish I had them, but they helped get my Phy Raditz and Int Gero up to speed.

BTW, SR Phy Raditz is a loving monster, holy poo poo. Can't wait to Z-Awaken him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh boy, a SR Chiaotzu.

Why do I keep trying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New event- one SR guaranteed for Multi-Summon, including multiple forms of Frieza, SSR Xenoverse Trunks..

Edit: I'm not super lucky, but my pull got a SR Cui and SR 2nd Form Frieza, plus some new R Agi Krillins in Saiyan armor that weren't in previously.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 1, 2015