Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Got lucky on a single pull! Did some training before I thought to share.

He looks like he's going to be a bruiser!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress dude. gently caress.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Humble-brag, but what are you guys doing with unused, unneeded SR's? I seriously have more reds than I'll ever use. I dropped the $32 and ended up with a SR Chi-Chi, SR Videl, and SR Roshi, and every single loving one of them is red.. with Frieza, Tao, and Krillin, I'm pretty much set on reds. I have this Cui taking up space.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Well, I went for it, since I'm a chump. Got another SR PHY Vegeta, SR Str 1st Form Frieza, SR Zarbon, SR Master Shen, the R Hercule, the TEQ Jeice, and a bunch of Androids I'm probably not going to use.

R TEQ Jeice should be nice. 10‰ enemy attack debuffs for 3 rounds and a type I don't have in my current deck. It's going to be tough to beat the STR Jeice, though.

Not bad, but I still need a Guldo or an Android 18. I could run a good mix of Androids if I had her. 17 needs her to really shine, just from a casual glance.

I wish the Frieza links were better, I have SR Frieza, Zarbon, and Dodoria now.

To answer New Leaf's question, I just hold on to everything and condense my duplicate Rares down. Never know when I'm going to get the linchpin for a cool combo.

I'm low on space though, but I'll probably start doing that.

I love my new Frieza- he links to SR Phy Raditz, who links to Gohan, so it makes for a nice spread.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Largepotato posted:

The new R AGL Wisdom & Experience Krillin costs SR materials to awaken instead of R mats. :mad:

I noticed that.. Part of me wonders if he was meant to be SR rather than R. I've gotten 4 at this point, with one sitting at 40 waiting to be Z-Awakened but I can't make myself spend the money because I really only need him for my "Blue-Man Group".

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What's your secret? I'm constantly out of healing items. I have teams broken up by color to try and offset some of the beatdown, but goddamn, some missions are tough. Some of my guys are underused though, so maybe it's just a level thing. I'm through chapter 1 on Z-Hard, a couple maps into chapter 2.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

I farmed one of the missions (either Cyborg Tao or the Gohan event) and ended up getting 60-70 of the potions (there was a way you could take a detour on the map and after fighting an unavoidable enemy, take a 4-turn roll to hit a potion. So, I've been going through those.

Also, making sure to point your supers and attacks to match weaknesses helped a lot. I'm about at the point where I'm dying right at the end of the final boss battle, which sucks, because I'm about level 70 across the board.

Yeah, I'm suffering from the "one more round would win it" problem right now.. Get them to a sliver of health and out of heals and the next turn he jumps to the front of my line and hits me with a Super. It's getting old.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Can SSR characters be Z-Awoken? Is there a level beyond SSR (maybe SSR2????) ?

Yes- they go UR:

(not mine :( )

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't know, he might surprise you. I have the SR PHY Raditz on my primary team- he's a loving bruiser. Just got him Z-Awakened:

My SSR Vegeta is so close to being Z-Awakened.. I have the money, I almost have the levels, just need the loving Supreme Kai token. Going to be running this goddamn map on Z-Hard all day. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are there 2 different SR Int Captain Ginyus? That's loving bizarre and irritating..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

KoldPT posted:

Forgot to drop my new ID here: 2215375181 (STR SSJ Goku mostly). I don't have a lot of free friend slots, though... Is there any way to increase them other than rankups?

Nope.

I was feeling lucky and did a couple single-summons. Super Saiyan Goku shooting the meteor twice in a row. Got 2 SR's that I've already got - one I don't use whatsoever. Yay.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've run the Teq Awakening Medal stage on Very Hard about 20 times today and haven't gotten a loving Supreme Kai and I wanted to share my sadness.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Picked him up on my first roll on easy. Bravo, RNG.

Oh come the gently caress on, you beat the game on Z-Hard AND you have the best RNG luck on the planet? Ugh...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Unfortunately for me, Int is the one color I don't have a "team" against. I have the Physical SR Raditz and Gohan that I can field, but I've been really unlucky with Phys and Int characters. Mountains of reds and blues. I'm beasting him on Hard no problem, but Z-Hard is going to be a struggle.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why throw Tao in front? I don't know the others off hand, but his Leader skill only benefits him in that party.

And yeah, I got to Frieza just fine on Z-Hard.. then he hit me with a 54k Death Beam. I've hit Hard at least 20 times today, no love.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Update- at least 30 Frieza runs on Hard with zilch. Got a shitload of heal potions though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

Likewise. I shall commiserate with you.

I blew through 4 stones, 2 Senzu Beans, and 2 Green Potions to beat him on Z-Hard and finally got one. Just wanted to be able to say I did it on Z-Hard since my team is nowhere near strong enough. The very first time I went back to Hard, I got another one. I'm going to keep grinding, but if I never find another, I'll still be happy with this.

Good luck, friend.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If you haven't collected Kid Goku yet, go get him. He's loving adorable. He's on Nimbus! :3:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If your battery is getting obliterated (like mine), turn off Auto-Brightness on your screen. It's a loving LIFESAVER on my poor ailing Galaxy S4.

Edit: Also, not that anyone cares, but I need to share my joy. My heaviest hitter even having a SSR is the SR Agi Goku I started with ("Determined Defender"). Over time I've gotten 2 extras of him, so his Super is at level 3 and hits for nearly 70k. I just did a YOLO pull as you kids are calling them these days and got the SR Agi Piccolo! I've got an all blue team for running red bosses and he's a fantastic fit! Pairs with everyone but 17, but he's more of a "I had an extra SR Blue" placeholder anyway. loving fantastic pull. Been looking for a Piccolo forever.

I love that Kid Goku's pose is the same as adult Goku's.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 7, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

I have that AGI Goku and Piccolo, too. I use Saiyan Elite Vegeta and R Raditz in my AGI team. Yours has way better synergy. Sadly, Determined Defender Goku doesn't have Saiyan Warrior Race.

Speaking of AGI characters, I Z-Awakened my SR Speed Tactics Burter. His attack went up by 900, hits harder than SSR* Recoome. :eyepop: Still made of glass compared to a lot of other folks, though.

Hmm I've got him sitting around too, just liked 17 more. I'm swimming in Blues. Just need a couple more Grandpa Gohans and I'll Z-Unlock Krillin. I'll have his Super at like 6 or so by then..

And yeah, I'm a big dummy who didn't farm that old Vegeta. I figured "hey, I've got a SSR Vegeta, why would I ever need another one?" Whoops.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Finally rolled a third Cyborg Freeza. One on normal, hard, and z-hard.

Z-Hard is far too consuming of materials to be worth it, however. I'm farming potions from the Hard mission.

HA I'm finally better than you at something! I'm up to 4 :smug:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

Didn't know the stones would be under Gifts, thank you!!

Is rerolling as big a deal as it was in PAD?

Some people will say yes. It isn't. As long as you got a decent SR at the beginning- the red Frieza or blue Goku being a couple of the strongest- you're fine. Just play the game. You'll get plenty of good poo poo along the way.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Malicious Android: Cell, Z-Hard, someone else's SSR Final Form Frieza as my Friend, perfect Dokkan Super.

I win Dokkan Battle.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Petiso posted:

Oh, I have that R STR Krillin, so I can have kid Goku and kid Krillin, hope I get a Roshi or Chichi in my next multisummon.

I've never even SEEN that R Krillin. Meanwhile, I've got literally 8 of the new blue ones in Saiyan armor. I know because I've stacked them all together. I'm going to Z-Awaken him when I get one more Grandpa Gohan token. Dude is going to be a wrecking ball.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Good luck with the other 9 :)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've had some really poo poo luck rolling lately. Got a different SR Ginyu than the one I've been using, got a ton of garbage Rares. Then I rolled The Champ. Everything is going to be okay.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Level 8 Mecha Frieza. So close!

Mine is at 6.. I'm about to burns some Dendes and Senzu Beans to try Z-Hard again.

Edit: WOW gently caress that nonsense, forgot how difficult that was.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 10, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tae posted:

Bad news, I got yet another rare from my dragonstone pull goddamnit

good news, it's my first krillin....?

The Namek armor one? I stacked 9 of them. NINE. I Z-Awakened him and put him on my all-blue team just because he's a loving monster now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I got an R Nail from a friend points pull. He has a "Namekians" link. It's just him and Piccolo.

Anyway Mecha Frieza is pretty crazy strong, even at low levels his super hits really hard.

Be thankful he's got that going for him. Some of the links don't make any goddamn sense. Gokus and Gohans that don't link together, Gohans that don't link to Chi-Chi, Gohan and Piccolo just get "Z-Fighters" and not some sort of teacher/student father/son bond..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Great timing, my Check Engine light came on so I've got an appointment at the dealership tomorrow. Hope my battery holds out.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just landed Mecha Frieza #7. Someone on Reddit just got #20. gently caress that guy on Reddit.

Also, gently caress anyone getting multiple SR/SSR on the multi-pulls. I decided I enjoy this game enough to throw some good old American duckets at it and did 3 multi-pulls. Got my 11th Namekian-armor Krillin, a bunch of R Androids and Yakkons, and my 3 SR's were 1 Chi-Chi and 2 Videls.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Shine posted:

I'm disappointed that the Dragonball wishes apparently go away entirely. Do they return at some point? It would suck if you only got the 4 wishes. It was silly enough that I couldn't do the same wish repeatedly.

There's going to be more down the road, that's why there's still 2 locked item slots after finishing all the current content.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I feel like I should have more progress in some of these. Defeat 100 Saibamen? Come the gently caress on.

Now that I have things to murderize again though, yeah.. This is awesome.

Fallout Shelter this week. Hope it doesn't peel me away from this. Maybe I'll only play it in my stamina downtime.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

King Cold doesn't have a connection to half the Friezas. What the gently caress? The only one I see is 2nd form Frieza. Glad I don't care about him either, I got my one, I'm satisfied.

Nuebot posted:

Honestly Fallout Shelter isn't that great. It's basic mechanic are fun, but it's got some glaring flaws that can really be a deal breaker on it.

Don't care. :) The only series I love more than Dragonball is Fallout. Like I said, it's going to be a time-waster between stamina refills. I can't keep spending Dragon Stones on it, and I play something basically all day at work. My job gets really frantic for a few minutes several times a day.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 12, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Largepotato posted:

He has Mecha link from Bombardment and 2nd & 3rd forms from Brutal Beatdown.

Nothing for original form though :(

I didn't see those, you're right though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Bee posted:

I did my second and last SR guaranteed multi pull and I'm in a real pickle now.

SR Ginyu, Frieza 2, and SR Blue Goku dropped. My current team is Frieza 1, Frieza 3, Kid Goku, Event Nappa, SR Raditz, and Event Gohan.

Ginyu's a nice int card but his total lack of links makes him a liability. However, if I ditch Nappa he's my only possible purple. Frieza matches my brutal beatdown synergy great, gives my Emperor of Iniquity more links, and could replace Nappa easily, but gives me two reds. Goku links really well with Gohan and Goku, and is another siblings link for Raditz, but I have no clue who I'd give up for him.

I'm feeling ditching Nappa for Frieza, but is it worth tossing Gohan or Kid Goku for the SR Blue Goku?

SR Blue Goku is my strongest character, hands down. Even with an 80 Green SSJ Vegeta. I'm sure he'll be eclipsed soon, but we'll see.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I really regret using my R Cell Jr for training. It wasn't even on purpose really, was kinda in a sleepy haze and was using other trained up nooks to drop some XP on THE CHAMP. Oh well, at least he died for a good cause.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone know what the new Dragonball wishes do in regards to making a type stronger? Is it just high-end training items?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

How are you guys tackling the new stages? Right now I'm just burning through them all on Normal unless they've got a Dragon Ball that can only be acquired on Hard.

I really wish you could just run them on Hard and get the perks of running it on Normal too. Hard is my Normal these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Z-Hard is a MASSIVE jump..

I'm kinda holding off on Hard because I'll be getting my 30-day mark tonight, so I'll get a free Supreme Kai medal to upgrade my SSJ Vegeta finally. Then I can soak up that sweet Hard XP on my re-play.

Largepotato posted:

There's a lot less steps in the Str Awakening Medal stage than the other dailies. :mad:

Yeah, they really all should be played on the same board to make them all 100% even.