Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, there's a TON of new characters in the update, wonder when the stone pull will be updated. Here's some stuff I found looking at links:

• I guess Mighty Mask and King Vegeta are the next strike events, since they got added to the Bombardment link, along with Piccolo Jr.
  • There's also Majin Buu and Perfect Cell in Revival,
  • a TON of new Saiyans like SSJ2 Goku, Bardock, and Majin Vegeta in Saiyan Warrior Race,
  • some Kid Trunks in Vegeta Family,
  • Goten and Kaioken Goku in Kamehameha,
  • Future 17 and 18 in Android Assault
  • Debura and Babidi in Brutal Beatdown.

Probably a ton more, but I feel like that's a ton of stuff already. Looks like the general theme is the Bardock movies and the Buu saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
King Cold on Z-Hard is loving silly. I had him do like 36k to my E PHY Guldo. Guess I'm not running that one anymore.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got my King Cold, now I can quit messing with that event and go back to the story.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Largepotato posted:

I have 100. :ohdear:

I'm up to 110.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Huh I din't know they had two R PHY Android 19's. I use the one on the left on my main team, he's a tank.

There's PHY versions of 16, 17, and 18. There's also a STR 19.

Did a pull this morning on a whim, got a SR STR Goku.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Figured I'd take a crack at a 10-pull. Didn't do TOO badly, I guess. Finished out my stones after that and got some R's, nothing special except for ANOTHER drat Tien, this time R AGI. Still not enough for a Saiyan Warrior Race team, sadly.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

For anyone who wants Kid Vegeta:

Do the "Planet Vegeta's Prince" mission on Z-Hard. There's a side-path that only opens on this difficulty. Sometimes, Kid Vegeta will spawn as a fight on this side-path. If he does, and you beat him, you will get him as a drop. There's a slim chance you'll get 2 of him, but it's incredibly minuscule. Then you have to beat the Saibamen boss as normal.

Kid Vegeta's purple, but the Saibamen are randomized so it can be hard to plan for the map if you're underleveled. Also Kid Vegeta hits like a truck, so try to use a blocking color against his attacks and bring healing items.

Yeah, I saw him off to the side on my first run through on Normal. That sounds like a pain in the rear end.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Definitely merge duplicates down if you think you're going to use that character ever.

I'd say mostly worry about keeping Rares that have good synergy with your big hitters or link amongst themselves. I'm holding onto a lot of Rares I shouldn't be, like the demon instrument guys. I mean, I have all three and everything and they link with Piccolo. :negative:

I'd also say keep alternative typed Rares of guys you use, for flexibility purposes. I have STR and TEQ Jeice, INT and PHY Guldo, and STR and INT Ginyu. Makes team tweaking for events a snap, since you can still use your big hitters and keep your links with more useful types. It's not like it's hard to get a Rare to 40 and awaken it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Haha, wow, gently caress Z-Hard Planet Vegeta's Prince. I just got rolled by the Saibamen. The softest target on my team was a level 49 SR* Int Ginyu. 16000 damage acids can gently caress right off.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

Yeah no poo poo, Z-hard doesn't gently caress around. I'm hoping I can level up and awaken my SRs in time to get at least on kid vegeta.

It would have been fine if those assholes didn't spam their ults. I guess that's what all these healing items are for.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

I wish there were healing panels, basically. Did you know those ? can trigger encounters too? Because I didn't until now!

I totally forgot to post something when that happened to me a few days ago. Those things are kind of a sucker's bet.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've managed to wrangle all of Bardock's crew, including 2 SR Fashas. I think I'm good on pulls for a bit, since there's no way I'll get an SSJ Bardock to cap it off. Now I have to decide on who goes in the 6th slot. I have SR TEQ Nappa, hosed up SR* event Kid Gohan, an alphabet of Vegetas and Raditzeses, maybe Videl or Chi-Chi for Battlefield Diva. Decisions Decisions.

What's the best way to get the medals to Z-Awaken Bardock, anyway?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 16, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

If you get Fasha + Battlefield Diva link char + Saiyan Something(Bardock crew all have it) link she's getting like 3 ki for free so if you've got a good Battlefield Diva I would use them.

I can't help but feel like a Saiyan would be more generally useful, especially since there aren't many Divas in TEQ. Definitely worth keeping in mind when I need different types, though.

Just for reference, Saiyan Warrior Race is +700 Atk, Saiyan Pride is +15‰ Atk, and Team Bardock is +1 Ki.

I'm not totally sure how Team Bardock stack up against the Ginyu Force, stat-wise. Especially since only Fasha has an SR and the Ginyu guys have a ton of cards of various types so you can stack PHY, INT, or STR. They're a fun diversion from the all Ginyu all day game I've been playing, at least. And I can use my Vegetas and Nappas again.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

Assuming you mean the event one, just do hard mode. You only need one copy of each and you can get them all on hard. Just scout ahead and make sure you don't miss the golden capsule.

Just for anyone else working on this, all the medals are in specific places. The first three are in Go Team Bardock behind the character they match, the fourth is in Frieza's Betrayal, and the fifth one is in Last Battle.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

I've hit the first thing in the game that's making me really think about the future of my team. I like what I've got now, and there's a lot of links between characters. The Int Kid Vegeta fills in a major gap in that Mecha Frieza didn't complete a lot of the links that he can. But I put a lot of effort into getting multiple Mecha Friezas (only 7, not as many as some but still nothing to sneeze at), so to shelve him until Golden Frieza shows up is kind of a bummer. Not sure what I should do.

:eyepop: Jesus CHRIST.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Up to my 5th event Bardock, this is a lot less awful than the Strike events.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

pixaal posted:

How do I get kid Vegeta from this event? Also someone posted about getting a second R Bardock, do I just rerun it and it has a chance to drop a 2nd time? Last "story" even (vegeta + nappa) they were first clear rewards so it was a bit more straight forward.

It's a random drop from Frieza at the end of Last Stand, like a Strike event. I've been doing it on Hard and I'm up to 6.

ChronoReverse posted:

I am so jealous of people who get SSR's from their pulls. I'm convinced it's all lies and that every single screenshot like that one are just there to make me used my single disposable income on dragon stones.

Yeah, I've spent more than I should have and have a lot of SRs I don't have a lot of use for and even more not useful Rares.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hope these Frieza medals are useful, I have a bunch of them. :v:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Finally got a Strike event card by beating King Cold on Hard. I don't have any Freezas but at least he can link up with a bunch of my other (mostly PHY) characters with "Tough as Nails"/"Brutal Beatdown".

They should have a "Bad Dad" Link Skill with all the other terrible dads. King Cold, Bardock, King Vegeta, Goku, and Piccolo Daimao.

Are you a bad enough dad to make your kid turn out like Vegeta?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How is the drop rate for subsequent R Bardocks? Is it like SR Event drop rates or is it more reasonable since he is only rare?

He's pretty common, I get one every two or three runs on Hard.

I think it's pretty silly and awesome that you can do teams that are almost all Frieza or Goku already.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What is with Kid Vegeta's spawn rate? I saw him my first time through on Normal, but now that I'm looking for him on Z-Hard and burning stamina like crazy he won't show. What a punkass.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You could give me that SR Jeice, for starters.

Shame you don't have Burter, the Ginyu Force guys are really good together.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 17, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
All of these people getting lucky with SSRs pushed me over the edge into buying a 10 pull. Managed PHY Super Saiyan Vegeta. It's not Bardock, but he'll do quite nicely. Also got SR TEQ Guldo :swoon:, SR AGL Roshi, and an R Trunks.

Edit: It costs how much Zeni to awaken SSRs? :eyepop: :retrogames:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

^^^I got an Old Kai randomly today and don't even need it..

Nice pull goons!

Also, gently caress the fact that there's 2 different PHY Android 19's.. just like there's 2 different SR INT Captain Ginyus. That's just wasting character space.

It's also dumb that Character sort isn't very good. Like, really, the event Vegetas don't even end up next to each other, much less with the other Vegetas.

Largepotato posted:

I fed 50 Bubbles to SS Teen Gohan. Was almost all I had managed to farm today.

Yeah, I need like 45 Gregories. I could have been doing other stuff today, but I was trying to get Kid Vegeta instead of finishing up Bardock or getting medals.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I happen to like Bardock's friends. I may not know all of their names, but I sure do like the super attacks. :colbert:

Edit: Got my R Bardock to level 10 Super Attack. Aww yeah.

Edit 2: 78k damage to an E STR Saibaman on a Dokkan. Holy poo poo. :worship:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 17, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Edit: wrong thread.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Kid Vegeta wasn't that bad once I got him to show. Took a bunch of items to clear him and the end Saibamen, but that's what they're for, really. Ghost Usher OP.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is it worth losing a Saiyan Pride link on the Bardock guys to trade Tora for Kid Vegeta? Or should I just go screw it and grab SR Nappa and just focus on Saiyan Warrior Race?

Edit: Kid Vegeta is super cheap to Z-Awaken, weird. Bubbles, Dr. Gero, Master Shen, and Kami. Sort of the opposite of the loan AGI R Krillin.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 18, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, that little bastard hits like a truck, even on normal.

I guess we have to farm up Last Battle for the new Frieza? Now everyone can be swimming in Bardocks!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

Beating Chilled with no continues on z-hard sounds simple until you try to do it. Owch.

Glad I can get a blue 1st form Frieza though. Gonna convert my EoI to Golden Frieza eventually do this hits both replacing him and adding more color coverage to my Frieza team.

Farming Bardock and Frieza at the same time is kind of nice though.

I would have held off farming Bardock if I knew we were getting another reason to run that stage. Now I'm going to end up with a bunch of excess R Bardocks, most likely. Oh well, there are worse things than R training fodder.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tae posted:

The Ox King trick seems to work. Severely reduces the damage, especially since Frezia is a one-trick pony.

Baba and Ghost Usher are nice for that, too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've actually gotten a bunch of Gregory medals from Transformation on Hard already.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wonder if I can field a buff enough team to take on Z-Hard Chilled. I'm thinking:

SSR SSJ PHY Vegeta
SSR* EoI Frieza
SSR* Kid Vegeta
SSR* PHY Recoome
SR* INT Ginyu
SR* Tora

Tora has a ton of HP, so that's nice and Frieza is big enough to not need Vegeta's leader buff.

Edit: I used more healing items than strictly necessary, but that wasn't hard at all with this team. Getting two Recoome supers off didn't hurt.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 19, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I figured I'd try out Z-Hard Last Battle to see how rough it was. Brought my un-awakened Chiller and a friend had another up (both mid 20s). Frieza's doing maybe 5k damage with a Supernova, it's pretty amusing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cptn_dr posted:

Goddamn, Z-hard King Vegeta wiped me immediately. Attacking before any of my dudes, with a super... poo poo, man. He hits hard.

I hit him with a 30k super on round one and it didn't even move his HP bar.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ugh, come the hell on, Segway Frieza, just drop already.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, on the bright side, taking a break from Frieza got me a King Vegeta. So now I can theoretically have 4 people named Vegeta on my team and only three of them are the same person. Score.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've noticed some people online using Tora, one of Bardock's pals, in their team. Is he really good somehow? He doesn't seem particularly useful in any way, and it seems like there are much better saiyans of his type to use.

He's got a stack of HP, there aren't that many INT Saiyans, and he juices up King Vegeta, Fasha, and Bardock with Saiyan Pride. I mean, if you get Kid and/or King Vegeta he gets less attractive, but a Team Bardock setup is solid and Tora's a part of that.

There's only 5 INT guys with Saiyan Warrior Race. Tora who's a pretty easy to get Rare, Kid Vegeta who you can only get from Z-Hard grinding, King Vegeta who's a Strike, an event Nappa, and an SSR Teen Gohan.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 21, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is be satisfied with getting King Vegeta to just drop once but so far no luck after like 120 stamina worth of runs on Hard

Good XP for my Ginyu Force team though(got all the SR versions of the team), stacking SSJ Bardock's buffs with the Ginyu Force link (25% more damage) seems like it's a really good combo. Too bad Bardock doesn't link with any members.

Yeah, I just need SR Ginyu and Jeice. They work well with more generic leader skills. I've used EoI Frieza with them and it's pretty nice. I have both R Jeice and R Ginyu cards maxed out, which is nice for flexibility.

I've been using them with Chiller for my Frieza grinding, it's working pretty well. Just need to Z-Awaken Guldo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Gregory, why are you a 25 percent drop rate? Why? I need 25 more to Z-Awaken Vegeta, you cricket bastard.

Or is it an even 3 way split? I can't even tell.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 21, 2015