Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is that SR Phys Raditz good? I just got him.

I'd only really replace him if I ever got the SSR Phy Piccolo. He's a monster and he links really well with Saiyans, plus he's got a link 1st form Frieza. The Piccolo I have on my team is really only there because he links with Kid Vegeta and Frieza ("Prodigy") and my blue Kid Gohan and SR Goku don't really link as well with the rest of the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm basically out of stones from the missions. :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Chinook posted:

It's on both. Not sure which countries it's released in on iOS.

Not in America yet, I just checked.

Webbeh posted:

I'm basically out of stones from the missions. :(

There's always the chance they'll do what PAD did and make a second mode or change the missions in a way that will let you get stones from everything all over again.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Remember you can do team goku Because the SSJ STR goku and SSJ2 AGI Goku can be on the same team with kid goku and any adult goku you want. I have SSR SSJ STR goku and SSR SSJ2 AGI Goku I am not going to be sad I didn't get bardok SSR because at least it wasn't trunks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Why can I never find another King Cold leader when I want to use my PHY team. This is one thing I really can't stand about mobile games, all these randomized helper lists that you can't change without wasting stamina on doing a mission.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Would not be surprised if at some point we get cards that are naturally UR and can upgrade to SUR or something, and get another difficulty level for the story on top of Z-Hard to go with that.

Japanese version doesn't have anything like that yet though.

It does have a World Tournament mode where you fight other people's (AI controlled) teams to earn points though, with special rewards for your leaderboard placement. I think they were giving out Uub and end-of-Z Goku for that. And I want to say SSJ End-of-Z Goku too? But I'm having trouble finding the reward listings.

So more modes are coming at least. And we'll get more story content too I'm sure, this second set of Dragonball wishes can't be completed yet and there's no wishes to open the remaining item slots yet either.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

Not in America yet, I just checked.

There's always the chance they'll do what PAD did and make a second mode or change the missions in a way that will let you get stones from everything all over again.

Dude I sure hope so.

I'm down to the 30/60/90 day stones, daily stones if they're on the continuous sign-in, and this stupid z-fighters achievement. Other than that, I'm empty. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Up to my 5th event Bardock, this is a lot less awful than the Strike events.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Dude I sure hope so.

I'm down to the 30/60/90 day stones, daily stones if they're on the continuous sign-in, and this stupid z-fighters achievement. Other than that, I'm empty. :(

Yeah it seems kind of weird if they'd leave you high and dry for stones outside of the occasional one from a week long event or whatever. I get that they want people to buy stones, sure. But leaving them almost no other alternative seems kind of unfair.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well, they do give out strikes and even a free Super Rare on occasion, and apparently the Japanese version has farmable rare+ characters on regular mission maps.

As much as f2p has its evil roots, I think the average person isn't going through 500 stones in 2 months and balancing the economy around the crazy f2p players is difficult.

On a side-note, I wish this game was just a real game like the Puzzle and Dragon 3DS. Because I have put down actual, real games to just play more of this. gently caress me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I just hope this game takes more lessons from PAD in terms of stone accumulation because, speaking only from personal experience with myself and people I know, throwing people some free stones every now and then tends to butter them up enough to make them more likely to drop a few bucks when they want something from a gacha roll they have bad luck on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Every game should have the Hearthstone system where you can break down your pulls into a currency which can then craft a very specific card you want.

I will burn all the Borgas I have in the world if it meant I could just get a goddamn Ginyu for a Ginyu Squad gimmick.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Honestly I'd settle for the auction and trading systems from G Generation Frontier. They were a bit broken but they made the game so much more playable. Basically you could trade almost any unit, pilot, ship or item below UR rarity to anyone on your friends list. There were exclusive promotional things you couldn't trade, but for the most part you could trade at will which was great for when you were trying to farm up one thing but just couldn't get it, while someone else had it but wanted something you had abundance of. Furthermore there was an auction house system where you could put anything up and people could offer up to 3 things for it. New things couldn't be put up for auction until the event to get them ended. It made getting anything you wanted super efficient because even if there was some old UR card you wanted just because it was your favorite guy, you could roll a new one that people wanted and put it up for auction asking for the guy you wanted.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh guys.. I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but here goes. I splurged on one of the 90 packs of Dragon Stones because I'm loving the hell out of this game, and then this happened:

I'd seriously love to know what the odds are of that occurring, especially back to back like that.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

How do I get kid Vegeta from this event? Also someone posted about getting a second R Bardock, do I just rerun it and it has a chance to drop a 2nd time? Last "story" even (vegeta + nappa) they were first clear rewards so it was a bit more straight forward.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I am so jealous of people who get SSR's from their pulls. I'm convinced it's all lies and that every single screenshot like that one are just there to make me used my single disposable income on dragon stones.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

pixaal posted:

How do I get kid Vegeta from this event? Also someone posted about getting a second R Bardock, do I just rerun it and it has a chance to drop a 2nd time? Last "story" even (vegeta + nappa) they were first clear rewards so it was a bit more straight forward.

It's a random drop from Frieza at the end of Last Stand, like a Strike event. I've been doing it on Hard and I'm up to 6.

ChronoReverse posted:

I am so jealous of people who get SSR's from their pulls. I'm convinced it's all lies and that every single screenshot like that one are just there to make me used my single disposable income on dragon stones.

Yeah, I've spent more than I should have and have a lot of SRs I don't have a lot of use for and even more not useful Rares.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bardock is farmable, just kill Frieza on the last stage. He has a good drop rate.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

pixaal posted:

Kid Vegeta comes from the 2nd level of the Bardock line, the one called Saiyan Prince or whatever. You need to run it on Z-Hard, and he'll sometimes be on the left path that's normally closed. He's a VERY rare spawn, but it's a guaranteed drop if you find him, and then you still have to beat the level on top of it all.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Kid Vegeta comes from the 2nd level of the Bardock line, the one called Saiyan Prince or whatever. You need to run it on Z-Hard, and he'll sometimes be on the left path that's normally closed. He's a VERY rare spawn, but it's a guaranteed drop if you find him, and then you still have to beat the level on top of it all.

Is this Z-Hard reasonable to do, or is it bullshit gently caress off like everything else on Z-hard and not worth trying? I've been playing maybe 2-3 weeks and pretty casual. I have no natural SSRs and only 1 (STR Freiza) SSR* maybe a handful of SR*s, I have more SRs then SR*s but I've had pretty "good" luck at the gacha as far as SR:R ratio the drat SSRs keep dodging me though!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

pixaal posted:

Is this Z-Hard reasonable to do, or is it bullshit gently caress off like everything else on Z-hard and not worth trying? I've been playing maybe 2-3 weeks and pretty casual. I have no natural SSRs and only 1 (STR Freiza) SSR* maybe a handful of SR*s, I have more SRs then SR*s but I've had pretty "good" luck at the gacha as far as SR:R ratio the drat SSRs keep dodging me though!

It's not easy, no. Give it a shot though, be prepared to use full heals. Like I said, he's super rare, so good luck.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's gently caress-off hard. Today was the first time I won because I grinded my first ultra and paired it with a friends ultra.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

He is a tough little fucker to fight. Just rolled him finally after a day and a half of trying.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hope these Frieza medals are useful, I have a bunch of them. :v:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Finally got a Strike event card by beating King Cold on Hard. I don't have any Freezas but at least he can link up with a bunch of my other (mostly PHY) characters with "Tough as Nails"/"Brutal Beatdown".

They should have a "Bad Dad" Link Skill with all the other terrible dads. King Cold, Bardock, King Vegeta, Goku, and Piccolo Daimao.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Finally got a Strike event card by beating King Cold on Hard. I don't have any Freezas but at least he can link up with a bunch of my other (mostly PHY) characters with "Tough as Nails"/"Brutal Beatdown".

They should have a "Bad Dad" Link Skill with all the other terrible dads. King Cold, Bardock, King Vegeta, Goku, and Piccolo Daimao.

I don't think he actually links with any Feezas anyway. He's pretty bad at links, but he's super beefy so he's still a nice card.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

pixaal posted:

I don't think he actually links with any Feezas anyway. He's pretty bad at links, but he's super beefy so he's still a nice card.

He links with Second Form Freeza with Brutal Beatdown.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Are you a bad enough dad to make your kid turn out like Vegeta?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How is the drop rate for subsequent R Bardocks? Is it like SR Event drop rates or is it more reasonable since he is only rare?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

bobjr posted:

He links with Second Form Freeza with Brutal Beatdown.

Third, too. And Mecha Frieza with Bombardment or something. No First form linking though so he's not great for a Frieza team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

How is the drop rate for subsequent R Bardocks? Is it like SR Event drop rates or is it more reasonable since he is only rare?

He's pretty common, I get one every two or three runs on Hard.

I think it's pretty silly and awesome that you can do teams that are almost all Frieza or Goku already.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So after making a team with 4 of the characters sharing multiple links (from the Bardock group) and the 2 others sharing at least one link (R Raditz and SR Nappa), I've realized just how powerful having team synergy is. Before I was using a team with my SSR Piccolo leading and the rest being mostly Z Team folks, but with higher level guys and more SRs. Despite my Bardock team being a bit lower level, not having my SSR Piccolo, and having only two SRs (compared with 1 SSR and 3 SRs on my original team), it does WAY more damage. It helps that I got SR Fasha for a leader, but it's mostly the combo of those Saiyan Warrior and Bardock Team links that gives a huge buff to everyone's damage. Once I get the R Bardock from the event I'll have 5/6 sharing those buffs.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

I got one my first run, then got another on my hard run getting his awakening medal. Haven't run it again, but I probably should.

Also, is SSR SSJ teen Gohan super rare or something? I've ran into multiple SSR Gokus and Vegetas in the friend list thing, but I've never had that Gohan pop up (I got really lucky and rolled him with my 3rd 5 stone roll the day I started playing).

Edit: Can I have an awakened character and the same unawakened character in the same team? I'm guessing not.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If you manage to do the no-item run on a z-hard level you get 3 stones for the achievement, not just 1 like on other difficulties. Still drat hard to do though

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

If you manage to do the no-item run on a z-hard level you get 3 stones for the achievement, not just 1 like on other difficulties. Still drat hard to do though

Just wait for the inevitable power creep and most of the Z-hard stuff will be easy. Which really is the saddest part of gacha games like this. Busting your rear end and spending your currency for a guy you really like, like Gold Frieza lets say, then a few months later they release someone who blows them out of the water.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm preemptively prepared to see Vegeta constantly being dicked over as time goes on because even his RoF SSGSS card is worse than stuff we already have

Poor Vegeta. Why is my favorite dude always bad

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Because he exists to make Goku look stronger.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

how could the prince of all saiyans be constantly outclassed by such a low ranking warrior... A mere clown. ........????!

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Has anybody got Kid Vegeta to drop in the last stage "Last Stand"? I know he appears in the stage "Planet Vegeta" on Z-Hard, but frankly I don't have the team to properly survive Z-Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I got Kid Vegeta to drop once so far. Tried to get a second one for a while and ran low on healing items so I had to stop. He definitely exists though, and one is all I need for the Kid Team so I'm okay with stopping there.

But it wasn't in last stand. I've heard people finding him in Frieza's Betrayal in addition to Planet Vegeta's Prince but despite people saying he can show up in all of the missions those are the only two I've seen screenshots of.