Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've been playing DBZ since it came out, been enjoying it so far. I wish the puzzles were a bit more puzzling (as it stands, I feel more like I'm playing Plinko), and the character pool is obviously limited, but on the whole, I'm enjoying it.
I also started One Piece a couple days ago, definitely enjoying it. It's like Brave Frontier, except with characters from a show I really like. Kinda irritated that I pulled Marco and can't really use him. I just now got to where I can even put him in a crew, and he's mostly breaking the bank by himself. I've got a bunch of fruits saved up for Sugofest, so here's hoping for something sweet from there.
So far, Zoro is the only one I've evolved, I didn't realize there were different evolutions, so I'm glad someone mentioned this thread to me before I made any serious progress.

DBZ: 1070428182 - currently leading my team with SSJ2 Goku
One Piece - 322416898 Currently leading with Coby, trying like hell to replace that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, burnt 45 gems on Sugofest, got a bunch of crap.
Except Kuma. Kuma looks good.
Kuma, Luffy, Alvida, Arlong, Zoro, Tashigi, Mr. 5, Smoker, and X Drake

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Rudoku posted:

They say that, but he acts nothing like his dad. He's more like a clone with a better looking chin.

He was born with all of his dad's power and memories, but he grew up with his own personality. That's why he was able to eventually become not evil.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kelp Plankton posted:

i want king kai in my party

I want a Master Roshi, dammit. I think I've gotten more Androids than anything.

Did 3 pulls today, got R PHY #17, R STR Recoome, and SR TEQ Krillin.
At least I can feed the Krillin to the other SR TEQ Krillin I have to level up his special attack.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I did about 7 pulls today.
SR #18 - I already have one, so hey, Special Attack levelup.
R #18 - Less impressive.
R #20
R #16
R Guldo
R Chiaotzu
R Zarbon

I was hoping for one of the future Androids at least, but nope.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tae posted:

He drops on hard just fine.

Agreed. I couldn't beat Z-Hard, so I just farmed Hard. He dropped eventually.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Batmasterson posted:

So I tried my first multi summon and... oh.

That doesn't seem horrible?

I dunno, I'm not clear on the meta as to what's good and what's crap.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Does anyone else's Mighty Mask spam a super attack almost every turn?
Been trying to farm him on Hard since I don't have the team to run Z-Hard, and there've been a number of fights where it's 75% supers at me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The One Piece game has a pretty big update too, handed out some free characters.
I got a Nami + a set of evolvers to take her to Mirage Tempo, plus a Tabasco Star Usopp.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I finally have everything I need to Z-Awaken my SS2 Goku.
Except zeni.
At least that's easy enough to grind.

So, I probably missed it, but where do you get the Goku medals to Dokkan up into Angel Goku?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

Treasure Cruise is a total buzzkill with how stingy it is with team cost. I can't even run a full team because I evolved some people and got a 4 star in Shanks.

I hear that. My free pull was Marco, and he was so costly I couldn't even put him in a crew by himself for several levels.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Got some free stones for the 60 cumulative login bonus, hit the machine, and Goku has the golden hair going on.
"Sweet." I think to myself, thinking I will finally get myself the new Gohan.
SR Zarbon. :negative:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

New Leaf posted:

You have no idea how many Videls and ChiChis I have from that..

poo poo, at least Chichi could stack with the Videl I do have and my SR18.

I did an impulse buy on some stones and did a multipull. Got a couple of Bojack's minions, 2 R Raditz, SR Nappa and SR Crane Master, not much to write home about, though the Nappa can be useful for the Saiyan team I'm trying to do.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, I'm clearly not meant to have SSJ2 Gohan. I've done like 8 multipulls over the past few days, and I think the only Saiyans I've even gotten were SR PHY Vegeta, 2 SR PHY Nappa's and an SR TEQ Nappa. Oh right, and SR AGI Trunks.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Webbeh posted:

Man, I've been trying for this.

I've been running the 'Extreme Peril' mission to pick up all the medals. Pretty easy on Hard.

Yeah, I can clear Hard pretty easy.
How many medals do you average? I get 1 if I'm lucky, trying to Dokkan my own Gohan.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Waiting on my stamina to recharge. I need one more Zangya, 4 more Kogu/Bido, 2 more Bujin and 3 more Bojacks to Dokkan Gohan.
A longer list than I'd like, but I'm steadily knocking it out.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Haerc posted:

I've got all the medals needed for the Gohan dokken, thankfully. Unfortunately grinding for his dupes in order to max his super attack is taking much much longer. Only 6 to go before I can finally dokken him :suicide:

I got his Dokkan medals gathered up really quickly once I did the stages prior to Extreme Peril, but yeah, copies for Super leveling are nigh impossible.
I can't beat Z-Hard, and other than the guaranteed first drop, he hasn't dropped from Hard for me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I just don't know if it is more efficient to do the Extreme Peril stage where all Bojack Associates medals can drop, or just do their individual levels.

For me, it went way faster when I just did their levels, but, that may not be the typical result.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My Saiyan team is pretty piss poor, but, the RNG gods don't want me to get spoiled on Super Saiyans I suppose.
drat, I really wish I had that SS Bardock though.

Edit:
I'm a moron.
The R Gohan from the event doesn't level the Super of the Dokkan Awakened version :negative:
This is why I need to not do things at 4 in the morning and too tired to pay attention to warning messages.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 10, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holy poo poo, I might actually pull it off. Managed to get another Gohan from the Serious fight, got him up to Super Level 9.
All I need to do is Dokkan him, fuse him with my first Dokkan Gohan, and I'll have my Gohan punching nads at level 10.

I seriously didn't think I'd be able to do it. Granted, I still need to re-grind the Dokkan medals, but I might have a chance.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh gently caress this.
Super Saiyan rates up? Exactly what I've been hoping for! Good thing I got my stone collection built back up.

2 multipulls, my SR's were 20 and 17. The only Saiyan I even got was a couple copies of R PHY Nappa.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

I just did one and got SR PHY Dr. Gero and SR AGL Roshi.

That's some poo poo.
I understand it's all RNG, but they should throw you a bone at some point.
Hell, Brave Frontier at least gives you a random one of the banner pulls if you do so many pulls.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

God drat, gently caress the multipulls. All I want is SSJ Bardock. Christ, at this point, I'd settle for any super Saiyan.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

New Leaf posted:

I have a bitch thread about this on Reddit, but I'll paste it here too:

The game is throwing out new multi-summon "events" on a near weekly basis, but they refuse to cycle out the old tired characters in favor of the new ones they're promoting. I just don't understand the logic. You want to get people excited about new characters, but you bury them under all the characters they're sick of. This is a RoF event. Why is anyone pulling Ginyu Force members or Mercenary Tao or Androids? That "pool" needs to be cycled out, or at least thinned out. I did 3 multi-pulls today and got 6 R Android 19's. That's absurd. All the SR's I got were things we've had in the game since Day 1. 30 cards and I got 1 each of 3 of the stupid Frieza minions. That's dumb. I should be drowning in new stuff, not choking on the old. That's now how you keep players around.

I still think they should at least do what Brave Frontier does, where if you do so many pulls during the event, you get a free random pick from the new list.
For example: "Ok. It's the Super Saiyan event. You did a multipull. Regardless of what that gave you, check your Giftbox for a random Super Saiyan character."

I did a multipull today, my SR was Teq 17.
3 of my Rares were AGI 17, two STR 17s. Two of the new Frieza minions, and a 19, and a 16.
Yeah, I pulled 6 #17's in one multipull. :psyduck:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Where would be the best place to farm up the Beerus/Whis/Vegeta medals to awaken the event Goku?
I'm assuming Top-Level Training on Z-Hard, but I'm probably wrong.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Got my event Goku Z-Awakened, working on Police Krillin now.
Just need...pretty much everything except Whis and 18. The Bulma medals have been pretty stingy for me for some reason. At least it's a great chance to level up some people I don't normally use.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, finally.
Got my SSB Goku and my Officer Krillin Awakened. Then, for good measure, I finished farming up the medals to Dokkan into Angel Goku.

Friggin' Bulma and Goku medals did NOT want to drop, think I got like 7 rankups from farming Jackie Chun, but, I feel accomplished for the time being.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I want nothing so badly as the new STR Roshi. I mean, Super Saiyans Bardock and Vegeta would be awesome, but Master Roshi was always one of my favorite characters.
I know I won't get it though.

Did a multi last night, got the new SR PHY Vegeta, he's cool, but, I've got the event Gohan with a level 10 super attack for my orange slot.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

:negative:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

Did two 10 pulls on the new banner and I'm up to my neck in Super Saiyans. Got SR SSJ Adult Gohan, SR SSJ Kid Trunks, and, get this, Majin Vegeta. Looks like Beerus is getting benched.

Majin Vegeta looks pretty sick. +35‰ attack at the start of turn is a pretty good passive.

Now to decide if Adult SSJ Gohan is better than the event Teen one. He's got a good passive, too.

Oh no, I'm not falling for that.
Everytime I do a multipull, I get crapped on. You can't tempt me with all this super Saiyan talk. :colbert:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Allarion posted:

I know this thread is basically for Dokkan Battle now but just popping to say Bleach's gatcha game is coming out soon. It's basically a hack and slash game with a party of 3 characters. Preregistration is up if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVOjEp9uLY

I wish they'd release the Fairy Tail one, it looks fun.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

This Saiyaman event looks like fun, not gonna lie.
And I'm looking forward to Saiyaman 2 becoming my second UR ever, since the RNG gives all of my good pulls to Echophonic and I have naught to show for my Dragon Stone expenditures (Give me back my Super Saiyans!! :arghfist::saddowns: )

I had built up 20 free stones, did the single pulls:
R Teq Chaozu
R Phy #19
R Phy Yajirobe
R Str Chichi

After the 10th or so SR Zarbon from a multipull, I decided I would never spend money on stones again. So far, I've managed to stick to it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah, I would LOVE SS3 Goku, but unless they do a "login so many days, and we'll give you a unit of your choice" deal like Brave Frontier is doing, there's next to no way in hell I will ever see one outside of my friends list

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Are we going to get enough STR Adult Gohans to get his Special to 10?
I was looking through the Missions for the page, and I was only counting like 6 or 7 extra Gohans for SL boosting.
I really don't want to Dokkan him before getting him to 10, I learned that the hard way with the Gohan from the Bojack event

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Which one is Piccolo Buu? Is he wearing the cape or something obvious? So far, I've only gotten matched up against regular Super Buu.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, he's got the cape and is E. INT. He's a total shitkicker if you came prepared for Super Buu.

You're not kidding. I think the only thing that saved me was my friend's E.Int Golden Frieza eating all of the Light Grenades.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is there anything you can do to make Piccolo Buu show up more often? I've been running Z-Hard, and abandoning out if he's not on the map, since I don't want to waste the items beating him (I'm already swimming in medals, I just need Gohans), but I've only run into him once.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cozz posted:

Of course, after I dokkan awaken the STR Videl to Great Saiyaman 2....I get the same Videl. Oh well.

After I Dokkan'd mine, I did the Friend Summon because I needed some training fodder, pulled 4 Videls. Could have been SL boosts.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holy poo poo, this tournament is fun. I hope it's a frequent thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I actually can't complain about the RNG for once. I caved in and bought some stones (I'm weak). Pulled 3 SSRs in one multipull.
Majin Vegeta, Super Trunks, Xeno Trunks
Plus I pulled SS Kid Trunks, SR TEQ Videl and SR PHY Perfect Cell.

I just need a few medals (and a ton of zeni) and I can awaken Vegeta and Super Trunks.