Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Getting 12 more medals of each person for Bojack is tougher than I thought it would be. I guess after the first time you do a mission you are no longer guaranteed to get a medal from it anymore, and the medal in the stage goes away after you pick it up once.

Yeah I grinded out all 19 needed to awaken both Bojack and Gohan. On top of maxing out Gohan's SA level and it took from Saturday till yesterday to do. The worst stage is Vicious Galatic Warrior due to being forced into multiple fights, so it gets pretty tedious. Also for reference I did this all on Hard so it is doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The worst medal for me was Bojack, and luckily you only need that for Gohan. Other than that, I'd say spending a stone or two on stamina to grind cards or medals isn't unreasonable. At least it's okay XP and pretty good money.

Hard definitely has a good enough drop rate to use it for Gohan. The medals go quicker on Z-Hard, from what I found.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just don't know if it is more efficient to do the Extreme Peril stage where all Bojack Associates medals can drop, or just do their individual levels.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I just don't know if it is more efficient to do the Extreme Peril stage where all Bojack Associates medals can drop, or just do their individual levels.

For me, it went way faster when I just did their levels, but, that may not be the typical result.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'd say it depends on what you need. If you still need everything, then Peril's probably good. Once you're down to one or two medals, switch to the ones that drop it.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Extreme Peril was easier for me just because it was a grindfest. Just automated the smacking of buttons while working and I picked them up after a day or so.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I feel pretty good about this Saiyan team. Just got SSJ2 Gohan Awakened. Still have one of each Kai medal left, too, for future additions.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Echophonic posted:

I feel pretty good about this Saiyan team. Just got SSJ2 Gohan Awakened. Still have one of each Kai medal left, too, for future additions.

And I thought my Sayian Team was pretty good. (SSJ2 Goku AGL, SSJ Goku STR, SSJ Gohan PHY, King Vegeta INT, Fasha AGL, and Vegeta TEQ).

I hope there's more new content soon, as my entire team is max level, and I only have 1 mission to complete (90 days login). I've been doing the awakening events to get the lower level medals and Wayward Champion for Goku medals/Senzu Beans/raise rank. I'm sitting on 14 million Zeni and a few UR medals (3 Supreme Kai and 1 Old Kai). I also don't feel like spending more money on the game, since all my drops last week were either rare's or SR's that I already had.

Cozz fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 10, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My Saiyan team is pretty piss poor, but, the RNG gods don't want me to get spoiled on Super Saiyans I suppose.
drat, I really wish I had that SS Bardock though.

Edit:
I'm a moron.
The R Gohan from the event doesn't level the Super of the Dokkan Awakened version :negative:
This is why I need to not do things at 4 in the morning and too tired to pay attention to warning messages.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 10, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bring it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I still feel like I made the right choice using PHY SSJ Vegeta over TEQ, given that I have both. PHY Vegeta is incredibly useful almost all the time. Tanky as all hell and his passive makes a lot of stuff way easier to deal with.

I'd also totally use a SSJ Goku if I had one, but c'est la vie.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I still feel like I made the right choice using PHY SSJ Vegeta over TEQ, given that I have both. PHY Vegeta is incredibly useful almost all the time. Tanky as all hell and his passive makes a lot of stuff way easier to deal with.

I'd also totally use a SSJ Goku if I had one, but c'est la vie.

That is the card that I want really bad bad enough that I have an automatic rerolling script going on my computer or 24/7 right now.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

All of you with your beautiful, consistent SSJ teams will never know the joy of trying to fit Perfect Cell, UR* Piccolo, Full Power Bojack, and Final Form Frieza into a team that has any link skills active at all.

If I were smart and less enamored with raw stats, I would drop Bojack and Cell and go back to my Prodigies/Universe's Most Malevolent team, or drop Piccolo for Phy SR Dr. Gero for the additional Thirst for Conquest link.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Perfect Cell is the only UR I have, and I will never let him not be my leader (outside of monotype, I suppose). Oh Cell, you really are perfect

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

the_steve posted:

I got his Dokkan medals gathered up really quickly once I did the stages prior to Extreme Peril, but yeah, copies for Super leveling are nigh impossible.
I can't beat Z-Hard, and other than the guaranteed first drop, he hasn't dropped from Hard for me.

I've been doing the seriously serious fight on hard, the drop rate is pretty low though, I think I've gotten 3 from it. It's quick to do though, and pretty easy. Bojack is super str and I've got some super agil dudes, thankfully.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Arbetor posted:

All of you with your beautiful, consistent SSJ teams will never know the joy of trying to fit Perfect Cell, UR* Piccolo, Full Power Bojack, and Final Form Frieza into a team that has any link skills active at all.

If I were smart and less enamored with raw stats, I would drop Bojack and Cell and go back to my Prodigies/Universe's Most Malevolent team, or drop Piccolo for Phy SR Dr. Gero for the additional Thirst for Conquest link.

My mono teams kind of end up like that, just a bunch of folks with good numbers. Maybe tack on a SSJ to fill a gap, usually PHY SSJ Vegeta. The only team with any links to speak of is AGL, since I run 18, Fasha, and Zangya in it now for Battlefield Divas.

I also have other teams that have been fun to mess with. I think the Z-Fighters one might be my favorite since it's very Cell Saga and Chiaotzu is really good. Gotta love the Ginyu Force, though.

click for big

Also gimmick teams, most of which need a bunch of work. In order: Hera Clan, Team Bardock, Battlefield Divas, World Tournament Reborn, and the last one is characters with KO passives. That one's pretty weird, mostly leans on Chiaotzu.

again, click for big

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

This loving game

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 19, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why does everyone suggest 12-1 for gold medals? Why did I listen? Why have I spent every single point of stamina running it over and over this weekend? So many questions.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just today finally finished! Got Gohan to level 10 super, then Dokkan Awakened, levelled and then awakened again!

Bojack is now waiting on the first awakening medals ( Ran out ), but have all of the medals necessary and then a poo poo ton more.

Didn't realize until it was too late that there was a mission for getting all of the quests done on Hard for 2x medals for each medal. Should save some of you guys some time.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Is there any reward for finishing all the Bojack story on Z-hard, or will my sense of satisfaction have to do?

Edit: Nope, just smug satisfaction

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 12, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I dokkan awakened Bojack to Full Power. Now I only need 43 more Gregories to Z-awaken!!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holy poo poo, I might actually pull it off. Managed to get another Gohan from the Serious fight, got him up to Super Level 9.
All I need to do is Dokkan him, fuse him with my first Dokkan Gohan, and I'll have my Gohan punching nads at level 10.

I seriously didn't think I'd be able to do it. Granted, I still need to re-grind the Dokkan medals, but I might have a chance.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cooler this week, yay! I love new content to blast through.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Ooh, neat. Now to play the "Do I blow my (probably last for the foreseeable future) 50 stones on a multisummon for Cooler or wait for the next event" game. I'll probably hold on to them for the inevitable RoF event, I think.

Either way, looking forward to the new Cooler content. Always nice to get more missions.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 12, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't think I have the time to farm up enough medals to dokkan awaken just Gohan at this rate :sigh:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

cptn_dr posted:

Ooh, neat. Now to play the "Do I blow my (probably last for the foreseeable future) 50 stones on a multisummon for Cooler or wait for the next event" game. I'll probably hold on to them for the inevitable RoF event, I think.

Either way, looking forward to the new Cooler content. Always nice to get more missions.

My guess is Cooler will be an SR like Bojack was. And in the end, Bojack was an ultra common SR for being as powerful as he is. I have a Dokkan Awakened one and a normal SR one on a "bad dudes" team I've been playing with, and their links with the AGL Lady-Bojack make them real bruisers.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Bring it.

I see you found me on /r/dbzdokkanbattle.

GOONS REPRESENT

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

GOONS REPRESENT

Speaking of which, I don't think I have either you or New Leaf on my friends list and I didn't see either of yours in the thread. My code's 1487212337 for anyone that wants to add me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

GOONS REPRESENT

HA, yeah I was just coming here to post that.

1601833937 if anyone wants it. Got a couple spots that I just cleared. I'm sending you a request Echo. I'm good about keeping a strong Leader front and center when I'm not actively playing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

HA, yeah I was just coming here to post that.

1601833937 if anyone wants it. Got a couple spots that I just cleared. I'm sending you a request Echo. I'm good about keeping a strong Leader front and center when I'm not actively playing.

Got it! I do my best but I use SSJ Bardock or -ATK leaders 90% of the time anyway, so mine are generally pretty useful.

Actually, just thought of something. I know -ATK is generally considered better than a +20% or +30% attack boost, but is there a point where big +ATK leaders like Beerus are better for ending fights quickly? I'm going to experiment with that on the medal event today, not that it's particularly hard.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 12, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Got it! I do my best but I use SSJ Bardock or -ATK leaders 90% of the time anyway, so mine are generally pretty useful.

Actually, just thought of something. I know -ATK is generally considered better than a +20% or +30% attack boost, but is there a point where big +ATK leaders like Beerus are better for ending fights quickly? I'm going to experiment with that on the medal event today, not that it's particularly hard.

Beerus will probably be my leader all day, he's great for clearing the AGL map. I can get a single Green and everyone can one-shot the RR soldiers.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Added you both.

Just leveled Whis up to 100, so now I'm up to maxing out my remaining SSRs to 80.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If I don't get a Supreme Kai soon, I'm going to light myself on fire.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I just want to get the 1000 Cell Jrs. before Cooler begins. :(

That'll leave me with 3 Z-HARD missions left (not counting the 90 day, which I'll get tomorrow).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

I just want to get the 1000 Cell Jrs. before Cooler begins. :(

That'll leave me with 3 Z-HARD missions left (not counting the 90 day, which I'll get tomorrow).

I've done the Frieza Soldiers and Red Ribbon guys already.. I think Cell Jr's is in the single digits.

Do you have a favorite stage for that?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

I've done the Frieza Soldiers and Red Ribbon guys already.. I think Cell Jr's is in the single digits.

Do you have a favorite stage for that?

'The Androids Attack!' -> 'Cell Approaches' has proven pretty well for that. Can usually hit 10-12 per run on Normal, and is very relaxed on stamina.

I've gone from 0% to 60% in two days.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

'The Androids Attack!' -> 'Cell Approaches' has proven pretty well for that. Can usually hit 10-12 per run on Normal, and is very relaxed on stamina.

I've gone from 0% to 60% in two days.

Ever see any gold medals there?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Ever see any gold medals there?

Every three or so - never gold awakenings though. Just training items.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I wouldn't mind a few friends who actually play the game. Go ahead and add me: 2197650483

I'm running SSj2 Gohan, with his max super.

Gotta grind some Str awakenings to get Bojack awakened, then leveled, then Dokkan'd.

E: I added the two guys from this page that posted their ID's as well. Sorry I'm only like level 39 right now, but that was due to frustration with not getting anything decent from the gacha machine for a while. This event just upgraded my team insanely, so I MAY be able to finish the story now. :(

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Sent friend requests to you guys. I'm Dave, with Perfect Cell.

My code is 2033242439