Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Would be cool if they totally translated a city 1:1 into an open world top down rpg environment but they changed the names. So like if a street had a Chinese restaurant and a shoe store and a deli, those would all be shops in the game to buy items from. You could buy lottery tickets from the deli for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You see that deli? You can walk there.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TWEWY got close

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I used to wonder what the video game background music of my neighborhood and school and stuff would sound like, and that life would be better if there was music playing 24/7 to fit the area/situation.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lots of INTJs do that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

For real?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The object of the game would be to live as long as possible until you die. If you run out of money you could play as a homeless person and sleep on the Subway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stick Life RPG.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I've been saying for years that the military needs to map out foreign battlefields and have the army men fight virtually there before they even set foot. They probably do this, though...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Stick Life RPG.

Yeah, exactly like this, but with a massively increased scope. Realistically you probably couldn't simulate an entire city but there should be at least 500 buildings to go into.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yakuza was cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Yeah, exactly like this, but with a massively increased scope. Realistically you probably couldn't simulate an entire city but there should be at least 500 buildings to go into.

I'm surprised no one has done this by just pulling Google maps street view data and letting me walk a little avatar around it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's how Vampire: Bloodlines should've been

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
what about google maps pacman?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
This is basically every rpg on newgrounds except surviving is a boring goal so instead you collect hentaies

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is Fantasy Life like this?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazvall posted:

I've been saying for years that the military needs to map out foreign battlefields and have the army men fight virtually there before they even set foot. They probably do this, though...

ArmA had a series of military sims based off of it intended to teach unit tactics

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Larry Parrish posted:

ArmA had a series of military sims based off of it intended to teach unit tactics

wasnt there a doom mod made to train army dudes how to coordinate

i know http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=0901 existed and i wish id had it as a kid

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish posted:

bohemia makes military VR stuff on contract though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

All I wanted as a kid was to be able to go in all the buildings in GTA 3, are the buildings in GTA 5 accessible?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

All I wanted as a kid was to be able to go in all the buildings in GTA 3, are the buildings in GTA 5 accessible?

0.5 percent of the buildings are, and half of them only in story mode.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

0.5 percent of the buildings are, and half of them only in story mode.
That sucks, I want to go into buildings and wander around.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One of the great things about Sleeping Dogs was that a lot of the building interiors were accessible, and there were shops and things.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

At least I think they were. It's actually been a while and I mostly just did the story quests.

Oh, and Watch Dogs I think you could maybe go into a lot of stuff? I don't remember because Watch Dogs was terrible.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you cant go into a lot of buildings irl

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

you cant go into a lot of buildings irl

you would be surprised by the cool things you can find when you open doors in the real world, especially the doors you think you can't

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Is Fantasy Life like this?

No but it's a good game regardless.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

just keep your door open! take that door off its hinges, you won't be needing it again

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I had another game idea where it's a Spider-Man dating sim, and you need to go on dates with Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, and Black Cat but your superhero life interferes in various ways. So you'd need to beat The Vulture before you run late for your dinner with MJ, for example.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
GTA for the nintendo DS

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

FactsAreUseless posted:

That sucks, I want to go into buildings and wander around.

yeah that was the best part of sr 2 and I'm sad it didnt get brought back in any of the sequels everyone hoped 4 would add it since it was 3s city the way 2 did that to 1's city oh well thats my dildo bat story

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's not 1:1 but just about every store and intersection has an irl counterpart that they copied

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i could probably get around shibuya just because of jet set radio + twewy

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

At least I think they were. It's actually been a while and I mostly just did the story quests.

Oh, and Watch Dogs I think you could maybe go into a lot of stuff? I don't remember because Watch Dogs was terrible.

I'd rather watch doges.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
domestic dog simulator lets you walk into all the stores

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

you would be surprised by the cool things you can find when you open doors in the real world, especially the doors you think you can't

Hell, sounds like my Saturday night in South St. Pete.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mabels big day posted:

I used to wonder what the video game background music of my neighborhood and school and stuff would sound like, and that life would be better if there was music playing 24/7 to fit the area/situation.

go to japan and eat at one of the many ichiran ramen chain restaurants, they play a song on loop that sounds like some jrpg town poo poo and that was p :eyepop:

Doctor Goat posted:

i could probably get around shibuya just because of jet set radio + twewy

if you try to use twewy to navigate shibuya you'll end up like my bro and me accidentally going under a bridge where a bunch of homeless live, or down a side street where you'd probably get shanked for being white

and that was with google maps

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 24, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't think the modern Japanese person could conceivably think of hurting a white man.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Streets of Simcity was kinda cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

The object of the game would be to live as long as possible until you die. If you run out of money you could play as a homeless person and sleep on the Subway.

I remember my friend that always got videogames before me, but could never remember the names so he described them with great exaggeration, made the Sims sound like this when he described it. He also told me that crash bandicoot gets a blow job from his girlfriend in the opening cutscene of the first game and I believed him.

• Locked thread