Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
I have only seen a few videso that I have been able to find about Planet Zoo, but it looks like a very exciting game.

To me it looks more about micro management than actual building. Seems that if you try to expand too fast your zoo will go downhill in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

Control Volume posted:

Seems like a good opportunity to experimentally determine how much power game companies have power over review sites

I think what you are trying to say is that its a good opportunity for Game Companies to see how much impact do review sites have on their sales.

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

buglord posted:

What is the rationale of that decision? It seems needlessly standoffish and makes it appear as if they’re hiding a bad game or something.

To me it looks more like a marketing move. You can't see reviews or streams or Youtubers so you gotta buy it if you want to know whats the deal with it.

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Everyone already knew how much reviewers needed to keep Publishers happy when a full 6 points on their 10 point scales became completely unused with 7 being unplayable and anything below 8.5 bad.

I sahre this. Most of the times reviews are on what a game lacks and not on what you can do in a game or what it has cool.

Ex.

Planet Zoo, amazing habitat building and poo poo.

"Oh man, I wanted to have dolphins, gently caress this game. 2.5/5 stars. Its a shame devs always fail to deliver and trash what could have been a great game."

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
I can confirm that Planet Zoo is nothing like Planet Coaster, That is if you play on challange or franchise. If you are playing it on sandbox, like, just go learn autocad or rhino instead.

The management is truely amazing. You can't have too many females or males. Habitats need to mantain certain temperature. Want to make something espectacular that looks amazing? Go for it, but if your animal dislikes it, he is gonna die. You have lots of people coming in but there is not enough education stuff on your zoo. RIP your wallet, they will ask for a refund on their entrance tickeet and you will lose money.

Making money is, somewhat easy. In planet Zoo what really matters is leaf bucks aka Conservvation Points. Those buy the cool animals and you can only get those by spending time running the zoo (unpaued game) or breeding and releasing animals to the wild. Each animal, not the species, the actual animal, has different stats that affect how much you get out of them when realsing them. Animal Trading is dynamic, even if you want your female tiger so much, it might take some time for it to appear since there is only certain amount of them and they change quickly.

Honestly, great game, has soooo much potential.

As a note: I don't know how many hours I have spent on it, but have already go broke on 3 different zoos. Right now starting the 4th to try make it correctly

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

Disappointing Pie posted:

My problem with it is just like Planet Coaster, you almost need a architecture or design background to come up with a decent looking full looking organic zoo and you better have hundreds of hours to meticulously place every corner of a building etc. I wish they had way more ploppables of a decent design.

Steamworkshop is there for you.

I either enjoy what I am doing or try and do it nicely. I cant really have both. There are enough good looking buildings. Since you dont need a lot of them, but you need to research them, habitats are tricky, since it all depends on how you want your zoo too look, after all its a simulation game. For example. I have seen lots of zoos that they are mainly done with "underground habitats" but noting restricts you from just building walls on flat surface.

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
The pressure in from animals not having the correct male female ratio or not enough food, or 2 males fighting for alpha status, or stress from visitors. There is a lot of factors, but this are considered only if you dont have the game paused, if its paused. Its just matter of money tbh.

Once you unpause. poo poo begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
I am pretty sure that will turn terrible for the lion. Altough, if the coaster gets stuck and the lion jumps on top of it, will make for great news.