Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
The evidence is definitely ambiguous. On the one-hand, KPAX is extremely good at astrophysics. And the way he eats that banana -- very alien. On the other hand, I think they explain that he's just an astrophysicist whose house burned down (not totally sure; I only saw it once, on an airplane, in middle school). But then again, what about the patients who suddenly disappear at the exact time of their scheduled abductions? And didn't KPAX escape from his cell too at one point? I'm not sure where to come down on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I don't think about Kevin Spacey in KPAX.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I don't think about Kevin Spacey in KPAX.

Then maybe this thread is not for you, sirrah.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

From Kevin Spacey's Character's perspective the humans are the aliens. Makes you think right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think this question is a little unfair. Kevin Spacey's character in KPAX was clearly a man but it is a well-documented fact that Kevin Spacey himself is an alien, so both answers are true.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

A tomato posted:

But then again, what about the patients who suddenly disappear at the exact time of their scheduled abductions? And didn't KPAX escape from his cell too at one point? I'm not sure where to come down on this one.

Yes, I thought he was an alien.

Also, in Death of a Salesman the character of Uncle Ben is real.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

I think this question is a little unfair. Kevin Spacey's character in KPAX was clearly a man but it is a well-documented fact that Kevin Spacey himself is an alien, so both answers are true.

Kevin Spacey is the bisexual weed space emperor we deserve.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
He was an alien. I know cause Kevin Spacey is my best friend and we hang out all the time and he told me one day.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

He wasn't an alien, he was a TV broadcaster from Montana.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I've seen it before, but I've forgotten nearly everything about it. The only thing I remember was that the trailer was set to that awful Train song.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ego-bot posted:

that awful Train song.

Really have to be more specific.

Anyway, I think Kevin Spacey was a man, but the alien was able to, for lack of a better term, possess his body.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He was an alien. I know cause Kevin Spacey is my best friend and we hang out all the time and he told me one day.

I asked Kevin Spacey about this once and he told me to get the gently caress out of his bedroom.

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
Holy poo poo gang. I just found out K-PAX is streaming on Netflix instant. I'm gonna curl up with a bowl of popcorn and a legal pad and see if we can't get to the bottom of this mystery.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

A tomato posted:

Holy poo poo gang. I just found out K-PAX is streaming on Netflix instant. I'm gonna curl up with a bowl of popcorn and a legal pad and see if we can't get to the bottom of this mystery.

Hope you make it all the way through, and see you on the other side.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Added to my watch list to see what all the hype is about.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
"I have to go home now. My planet needs me."

Note: prot died on the way back to his home planet K-Pax

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Really though you need to watch Starman first to really prepare you for the genre.

fake edit: whoah holy poo poo Jeff Bridges stars in both of them :stare:

Please change the thread title to "Do you think Jeff Bridges was an alien in KPAX?"

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The real question is if Kevin Spacey was an alien was he an illegal alien, and if so, should we thank Obama for him visiting?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Is there anything that prevents me from believing that KPax is a prequel to Seven?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

If John Doe's head splits open and a UFO should fly out, I want you to have expected it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Quote-Unquote posted:

The real question is if Kevin Spacey was an alien was he an illegal alien, and if so, should we thank Obama for him visiting?

If the movie had featured this song instead of that Train song, it would be way better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61hzuGGJX0

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Are American mental health facilities as clean, friendly and staffed with caring people as this movie suggests?

Also how did Kevin Spacey afford to stay somewhere so nice, did he have an alien ACA policy?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Are American mental health facilities as clean, friendly and staffed with caring people as this movie suggests?

:laffo: no.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

Nope, exact opposite on all of that. You're very likely be physically abused and possibly end up dead at one of these things.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Would actually like this investigated, thanks OP.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Can't believe this is still a controversy after the released deleted scene where Kevin Spacey shoots tentacles out of his groin and devours Jeff Bridges and his family into his crotch.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Kpax stands for "killer penis and X" and the X represents a b-hole. A very unusual b-hole indeed...

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

A new visitor arrives from K-PAX. Fled is outspoken, belligerent, very promiscuous, and resembles more than anything else a large chimpanzee. When she returns she will be taking 100,000 people with her. Dr. B agrees to “host” the visitor at the Manhattan Psychiatric Institute hoping she will be able to do something for the hospital’s difficult mental patients. Fled soon becomes pregnant, and the father could be anyone - a chimpanzee, a gorilla, or a human, possibly even one of the patients. At the same time, the CIA are trying to prevent her from “kidnapping” any American citizens.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

MariusLecter posted:

Can't believe this is still a controversy after the released deleted scene where Kevin Spacey shoots tentacles out of his groin and devours Jeff Bridges and his family into his crotch.

Somebody read The Tommyknockers...

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Perhaps one can be an alien as well as just a man. Perhaps there is an alien inside all of us. I am referring of course to the iconic scene in Men in Black where the old Russian Jewish man is revealed to have been an alien living in a Russian Jew robot all along. But he loved cats, and pierogies. Does this not a true human man make?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quote-Unquote posted:

There are some expensive, voluntary ones that are basically where rich people take vacations (and legally take tons of drugs).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just now noticed this thread, so sorry if I'm too late...

I think that Kevin Spacey's character in K-Pax is that of a human who was possessed by a non-corporeal alien. I think the human being who was broken by traumatic events was inhabited by a benevolent alien who did not know how to help him. Inhabiting his body, this alien learned about mankind. When he departed, the traumatized and broken human was left behind.

This was the darkest remake of Miracle on 34th St. yet.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I haven't seen KPAX, does it explain how Kevin Spacey lost his hair and why he hates aliens so much?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Grendels Dad posted:

I haven't seen KPAX, does it explain how Kevin Spacey lost his hair and why he hates aliens so much?

Sort of, yes. KPAX is largely based on real events in Kevin Spacey's life. It's really more of a biopic than an overly sentimental drama with some sci-fi thrown in.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Quote-Unquote posted:

Sort of, yes. KPAX is largely based on real events in Kevin Spacey's life. It's really more of a biopic than an overly sentimental drama with some sci-fi thrown in.

So close, it's really "The Nicolas Cage Story".

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

To be serious and answer the question, I think he's an alien due to how his arrival is framed in the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Big reveal, I'm Kevin Spacey and I'm here to tell you KPAX was supposed to be a simple anally probed man, and I probed myself on set every day just to stay "in le mood"

• Locked thread