Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is Lost Children the arc where he turns Guts realizes his blade isn't gonna be good enough to kill all the little fairies so he turns it broad side and squishes a whole mess of them like a flyswatter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My good friend just bought DQ Heroes and I'm happy for him.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I haven't played it but I've heard its really good. shamefully, the last musou I played was samurai warriors 4 :sweatdrop:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Neogaf has a 400 page thread crying about this game depicting the eclipse and how they are all traumatized by what happened to Caska and won't be buying the game

NEogaf is the worst forum ever, it's literally endless virals trying to sell bad AAA poo poo to each other and idiots out to be the most offended person. I don't care how sensitive you are on a loving video game forum.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Neogaf ftw.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
:ironicat:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reading Berserk and every time I see a new character I think "this guy is gonna be loving awesome to play as"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Singing Chav posted:

NEogaf is the worst forum ever, it's literally endless virals trying to sell bad AAA poo poo to each other and idiots out to be the most offended person. I don't care how sensitive you are on a loving video game forum.

looks like we have a badass over here.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh hurrr, this videogame forum where people like ceo@goldmansachs.com and actualtheoreticalphysicialandpoc@yale.edu post isn't objectively the best place to discuss gaming news, design, and tips n tricks on the net

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

oh hurrr, this videogame forum where people like ceo@goldmansachs.com and actualtheoreticalphysicialandpoc@yale.edu post isn't objectively the best place to discuss gaming news, design, and tips n tricks on the net

Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

The Singing Chav posted:

you talk like a fag

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Are the Pirate Warriors games any good? Three is on sale right now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I liked 2 when I played it on the PS3, dunno bout 3 but it's probably good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1 wasnt good at all, its one of my least favourite games. but probably 2 and 3 are better since thats usually how it goes with this genre

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah.. after the Hokuto Musou demo i havent even bothered with the anime games. It was so bad

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

rediscover posted:

you talk like a fag

Yeah I blend in here pretty well don't I :v:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Singing Chav posted:

Oh poo poo?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah.. after the Hokuto Musou demo i havent even bothered with the anime games. It was so bad

i heard the one piece warriors game was pretty good. shame that hokuto musou was so bad.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
copped Dragon Quest Heroes, it's arriving friday, haven't played a dynasty warriors game since 5 Empires

do I need to know anything about this game or is it still press square kill guys?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You have to press triangle periodically and sometimes hold square. Everybody plays a little differently

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Singing Chav posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_IXzU-lnLU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SoR Blaze posted:

copped Dragon Quest Heroes, it's arriving friday, haven't played a dynasty warriors game since 5 Empires

do I need to know anything about this game or is it still press square kill guys?

The game will default to baby controls. You absolutely need to swap to advanced controls, which are the usual musou controls. I don't know why they did that.. it's not like these games are complicated to begin with

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
rotk 13 comes out tomorrow on pc and ps4

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

rotk 13 comes out tomorrow on pc and ps4

every steam review on the steam front page is negative and it got mixed on both recent and overall so...

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

every steam review on the steam front page is negative and it got mixed on both recent and overall so...

It's already a mid-week madness deal haha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

It's already a mid-week madness deal haha

-17% discount get the gently caress out of here

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah it sounds like they completely neutered the free/officer modes so if you dont have a boss theres nothing to do and if youre an officer its just a worse version of the game as a ruler. sucks cause there hasnt been a good rotk in like a decade now

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
The game isn't that bad. Just disappointing if you compare it to the best entries and wanted more depth than breadth. This guy basically sums it up:

quote:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII is a decent game that simply tries too much. Mixing role playing and strategy aspects, though never the best at either, there's a lot to do. The other major issue is simply how ugly it looks outside of the drawn art.

There's both more positive and more negative reviews, culminating in an Open Critic average of 75 so far. Not great, but I'll probably pick it up sooner or later (I hope the inevitable PUK expansion gets translated).

wielder fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 7, 2016

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

They should just look at the RoTK games that don't suck and make the next one more like that instead of like the sucky ones, imo. There's a dozen of them that's enough time to figure everything out.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zodd the Immortal is gonna be playable on Berserk

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It'd be hosed up if he wasn't.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

He can change between his two forms at will 🙌

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I love it but it's the only musou I played so I have no frame of reference

If you like one piece it's awesome

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
in middle school me and my friend terry who grew up without his dad played these games for hours. i always pursued lu bu and died so we would go outside and hit trees and grass with an old cavalry sword, doing dynasty warrior moves, and spin in circles making sparks on concrete with the sword.

wherever you are now terry i hope you have found some kind of inner peace. im gonna play some musou games in honor of my homie terry :tipshat: :worship:

none of the emotes on this site express positive nostalgia or fondness wtf?????

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

>saturday morning
>browse the impzone
>see a musou games thread
>find out they're making a berserk game
>mfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
lol at the stupid name "berserk and the band of the hawk" but game looks good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ov_UZSNSc0

• Locked thread