Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I was expecting some slowdown since it's a musou game on a handheld, but i haven't encountered any yet. And it seems like they've kept everything intact from the Wii U version.

It compromises on the total number of on screen units, but other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm ok with that. I'd rather have fewer onscreen units and a consistent framerate.

It certainly changes the flow of the game, since you can't catch like 70+ mooks in a special attack, and short multihit combos where you can change direction work better since they spawn in much more quickly to compensate for not having as many on screen. It's not a good or bad thing but it's kinda interesting seeing certain characters become better or worse based on it. Impa isn't nearly as good as she used to be but darunia is much stronger than i found him to be previously.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

goferchan posted:

How do golden skullatuas work? I get that you have to accomplish a goal to make them show up but I can never find them when they flee. Are they supposed to be in the center of the web that shows up on the map or anywhere in its vicinity? Are they just hanging out in the open? Still haven't ever seen one

anywhere in the vicinity, and you're supposed to use the sound they make to figure out where they are, the background music fades out more and more the closer you get.

• Locked thread