Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Cunty

haha not really but kind of

i really like projects that explore common ground. i Love to Relate. so about a week ago i asked you guys if you wanted to do a project with me and a lot of you were down. i sent everyone interested the following:

quote:

Jimi Changa wrote on Jul 21, 2015 1:56 PM:
hi, thanks for participating! please find and review the below questionnaire. to participate, please answer all or some of the questions and return it to me. there are no rules to what or how you answer, however, some things to keep in mind while answering:

-I don't want to go too much into it yet (although if you're clever you can prob figure out what I'm doing) but I intend to post some, part of, or all of your answers. The answers will be posted anonymously for many reasons. It will help me keep poo poo anonymous if you don't include personal identifying information in your written or photographic answers

-each question has 2 parts, a written element and a photo element. please try to answer both parts of each question if possible

-I will endeavor not to change the content of your answers, but I will edit out potentially identifying information, truncate for length if necessary and standardize grammar in an attempt to eliminate identifying writing/grammar stylings

-I will never reveal your identity. Im really not into it. however, if privacy is a mega-concern feel free to email your answers anonymously to byobnights@yahoo.com

-I'm hella busy this week, so you have until next Tuesday the 28th to get it back to me. don't feel like you need to take that long on it because this isn't any kind of serious poo poo, but you have that long, if you want it

QUESTIONNAIRE

1. Describe the happiest memory you have. Please include a photograph that you took at or near this time, or a photograph you took that reminds you of this time.

2. Describe the saddest thing that's ever happened in your life. Please include a photograph that you took at or near this time, or a photograph you took that reminds you of this time.

3. What is the most important thing in your life right now and why? Include a photograph that you took of this or that expresses the concept of this to you.

4. What is the most difficult thing happening in your life right now and why? Include a photograph that you took that reminds you of this thing.

5. If you could only say one final thing to one final person at this exact moment, what would it be? Please include a photograph that you took that expresses this sentiment to you.

Thanks again for participating!

i got more responses than i expected and i loved them all. i wish i could share them all but im pretty loving serious about keeping poo poo anonymous so i edited out or didnt use a bunch of stuff i thought might be potentially identifying. whats left is still pretty great, imo, and so thank you, again, for sharing. im still accepting submissions so if you didnt get in the first batch thats ok, just send me the answers to the above questions whenever you have time

please try not to be a dick or speculate, because im really not into hurting peoples feelings and i'll shut this down if i feel like thats happening and then everyones hard work would be for nothing and you wont get to see all the poignant poo poo your fellow posters are thinking about

oh yeah also please be patient with me because im hella busy and just kind of working on this when i can and also feel like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther
i wish i had participated

e: oops, i see i still can, ok i will

dogcrash truther fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 27, 2015

Lil Cunty

I find being alive the most important thing. It sounds sappy, but I'm always so glad to be alive and surviving in this beautiful world, with people who care about me.

ty crap

ty landy

alnilam

i will do a submission after tomorrow sry been real busy

also :siren:any speculating about who wrote what, and any making fun of things, will be edited out and/or met with a probe :cop:

ty manifisto

Lil Cunty

My happiest memory is the day I bought my house. I did it on my own. It was a great feeling of independence.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

The most important thing in my life is my job. As sad as it is, I couldn't have anything else in my life without the money my job earns, however little it actually is in the grand scheme of things. So I value my job higher than anything else. If I get a call at 3AM that something's hosed up and I need to go in to help, I'm out the door before I even remember to change out of my pajamas, which I remember because I also forget my keys.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

I would tell my dad that I love him and wish he would get help. The family had already addressed his addiction but when that occurred I was deemed too young to participate. But who knows: maybe my voice would have been a deciding factor. Unlikely but better to have at least tried. The old man never got to see his kids graduate high school or college and I know it was something he was really looking forward to.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

I'm trying to show her how much I love and appreciate her and simultaneously not be a bum and disappoint her. Here's a picture of a gift she got me for our anniversary recently.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

I used to think the most important things in life were money and success. Then I got those things and realized I just really missed my friends. Now I'm trying to figure out how to juggle all three.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

"I often fear that you wont be able to know if I die. And if that happens, I just want to let you know that you mean so much to me. You've listened to me when I've been feeling guilty for something one should never feel guilty for."

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

I haven't always been the best brother but I would like to think that now I can be a decent role model for him; he means a lot to me and I want him to succeed.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

I'll never forget the applause at the finish line.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

My mom came home from work one day and he was choking me. I was unconscious, but she thought I was dead. She snuck into my room that night and told me to grab some clothes because we were finally leaving.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

A good friend of mine died near the end of college in a car accident and I still think about it pretty often. I'd like to tell him that he is missed and that I think he was a good influence on me in a time where I could have easily headed down a much worse path. Here's a picture I took while hanging out with some mutual friends before he died, where my car's odometer rolled over to the word "BOOBS" which he would have thought was funny, and also made fun of me for laughing at.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

"Thanks for the memories."

ty crap

ty landy

deep dish peat moss

I'd love to participate but I don't have pictures of me or take pictures of anything, and when I do take pictures they're digital and I don't keep them for more than however long it takes me to show it to the person I took it for.

deep dish peat moss

Nevermind I found an email my mom sent me with a bunch of pictures I've taken over the years. I'm on it...

Lil Cunty

He's the most important thing in my life, no question. Every time he smiles, life is perfect.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

My happiest memory is performing at Radio City Music Hall as part of an orchestra. When I first walked out on the stage to look out on the empty seats pointed at us, I started to cry. I don't consider myself an overtly emotional person, but that wouldn't be the first time I came to tears that weekend performing there to a full house. It was an amazing experience.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

My saddest memory is the time somebody tried to rape me while I was in a bathroom at the bus station on the way to work. I was depressed for a few weeks after that. The worst part about it was that it made it hard to give strangers the benefit of the doubt, which I used to like to do.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

Where I went to college, there was a hill that overlooked a lake, and at the top of the hill there was a fence made of long logs that divided the campus from a golf course. Starting in my junior year, I went up there and sat on the fence and watched the sun set slowly over the lake and the woods and the town and listened to the sounds of sparrows flying home, and the geese creaking their wings overhead, and the wind. I went no matter what the weather was, no matter what was going on in my life, no matter how much work I had. It's the completest commitment I've ever had to an activity that fed a deep part of me.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

I'm approachable and cordial, but internally I'm not a very warm person. I have a hard time getting close to anyone because I don't want to open up to them about my past and change the way that they think about me.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

My happiest memory is when I moved out. I missed my parents, but I loved the feeling of independence. Knowing I'm not beholden to anybody is so freeing, even if it doesn't really mean much for me.

ty crap

ty landy

Salmiakki

this was fun to participate in and the photos are great :)

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I seem to have more in common with some of ya'll than I thought

Lil Cunty

ChairmanMeow posted:

I seem to have more in common with some of ya'll than I thought

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

lots to post still but I can only do about 5 at a time without having to take a bong rip to suppress the feels

thanks for your patience

ty crap

ty landy

alnilam

These are really good, some are really sad and i want to hug the poster, some are really beautiful and i also want to hug the poster

alnilam

can i just hug all the posters please

shabbat goy

alnilam posted:

City of Glompton

alnilam posted:

:agreed:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

Jimi Changa posted:

Where I went to college, there was a hill that overlooked a lake, and at the top of the hill there was a fence made of long logs that divided the campus from a golf course. Starting in my junior year, I went up there and sat on the fence and watched the sun set slowly over the lake and the woods and the town and listened to the sounds of sparrows flying home, and the geese creaking their wings overhead, and the wind. I went no matter what the weather was, no matter what was going on in my life, no matter how much work I had. It's the completest commitment I've ever had to an activity that fed a deep part of me.

I like this a lot, that sounds wonderful.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Lil Cunty

The happiest moment in my life is when I was very young, maybe before teenage years, and I lived a couple miles from the beach. We had a tropical storm make landfall, and I walked the long (at that age) distance to the beach to see what the storm was doing. I could see the waves crashing up the boardwalk and into the storefronts, and the police had put up barricades to keep people out. They were pitiful, I easily hopped one and ran up and down the boardwalk. I jumped into the wind, which threw me backwards and I rolled around while the waves crashed over me. I never felt more happy or blissful as that moment.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

It's ridiculous how happy we are. She's really good at cooking the vegetables we buy at the farmers' market together.

ty crap

ty landy

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Jimi Changa posted:

I used to think the most important things in life were money and success. Then I got those things and realized I just really missed my friends. Now I'm trying to figure out how to juggle all three.

i understand this a little too well

Lil Cunty

I got a girl pregnant, and because she was pregnant, I proposed and we got engaged. In the 22nd week of her pregnancy, she started having horrible stomach pain. At first they diagnosed her with gallstones and sent her back home for the night, but things kept getting worse and we ended up in the ER. 22 weeks is right on the edge of viability for the NICU, but our son didn’t make it. Because of the advanced stage of the pregnancy for a miscarriage, she had to be in one of their birthing rooms, so it was just like she was having a full term baby, with the nurses and the doctors telling her to push, except she was completely out of it on all the Xanax and I think maybe Oxycontin they'd given her for stress and pain. I didn’t have any of that though. Someone had to view the child and sign some papers, so I did that. I don’t even remember what the papers were, but I will never forget what that baby looked like…definably human but obviously not ready for the world.

ty crap

ty landy

dogcrash truther

Spanish Manlove posted:

i understand this a little too well

tbqh I thought that was you.

Lil Cunty

I grew up an only child and then, for whatever reason, my ma started having more kids after I moved out of the house. Some of my happiest memories have been hanging out with them and watching them grow up. My little brother was born on a weekend when I was farm-sitting for some friends, and it was a very nice weekend.

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

I'd probably tell my mom that she did a good job raising me and that I appreciated everything she's done for me.

ty crap

ty landy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

dogcrash truther posted:

tbqh I thought that was you.

aww :0

• Locked thread