Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

Got food poisoning so barely able to eat anything, apart from bread. Goodbye existing gains, My muscles shrink as we speak.

the 5 second rule fails again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
while we're laying down the hard truths idk what peoples deals are with treadmills. pop some rollerskates on and boom, infinite workout

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i have so much body dysmorphia im stapling skinless chicken breasts to my biceps just to feel pretty

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

Body dismorphia is the disease trans people have.

some weird articles recently have tried to turn "healthy people getting in shape" into a mental issue that causes people to overdose on protein

Say Nothing posted:

I'm skinny!

i will never understand major synthol use. not only does it look like poo poo, provide no benefits, and cause health hazards, but wouldnt steroid use be cheaper and more pleasant than shoving water bags underneath your weak baby muscles

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
In the infinismall chance the guy who stole the only free decline bench while I was taking weights off the barbell is itt:

You're not very nice :mad:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Goblin Zeplin posted:

He literally stole your gains.

Starting Strength never prepared me for gain vampires

Srsly tho, really wanted to get some barbell situps in, and the dude before that spent like an hour texting on his phone. I need to find a gym that isnt half full of unused bicycles and treadmills (rly dont understand why they have them, planetfitness is close by so they're never going to get all of them filled at once, just leads to half the gym being cramped with awkward sweaty guys/girls)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

evil spiff posted:

"Hey, can I work in"
"Sorry, I'm already using this"

duh

soy posted:

The only solution is to build your own gym at home, whatever it takes. Eventually if you only work out in public gyms it will be like death by a thousand cuts. Eventually the resentment of other people will outweigh your desire for gains.

naw, im p tolerant of other ppls lust for gains, im just cheesed that the gym literally has one decline bench + a shitload of dusty cardio machines

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Eyyy grats on the swole lift, even if its exfit

Whatever gets you swole, until it kills you (then we laugh)

e:
:eyepop:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

disregard_last posted:

My friends and coworkers tell me that I'm crazy and take counting calories too far.

The thing is I'm not that anal about it and last Friday I consumed over 4k cals of beer and rich and fatty food.

Maybe tracking my food intake at all is what makes them think I'm crazy.

My mom can't handle the concept of scanning food into MFP and looking at serving sizes, so im p sure its the latter

like, she's tried thrice and fallen off the wagon each time because taking 10 seconds to scan barcodes is haaard

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 27, 2015

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
this is a lot of faggotry over a dude using a hashtag in an otherwise impressive lift, and i say this as someone into dudes sucking dude cock

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

I was looking on Craigslist for a workout partner and actually found a group of people that seem pretty fit, kind and legit. They're doing "cross fit" which sounds pretty appealing -- almost no specialized equipment needed and some of these dudes have gotten loving RIPPED from it.

Pretty excited to start. Anyone have any experience with cross fit or tips?

if he offers to reciprocate, follow him into the showers

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

What do you call it? Workout buddy? Workout bro? I think partner is fine.

Friends with benefits

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

dam freddy puttin in WORK for te next reboot

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I got a p dece workout in on labour day (cant skip them leg days), gym closed early so I had to go in the morning, wasn't a ton of dudes around which made it pretty pleasant, A+ would squat on a holiday again

i get some joint clicking in my knees a bit at the start of a gym week, i just attribute it to not being properly warmed up + prolly in poor shape from when I was a fatass who did no exercises

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I've been doing cavefish for a few weeks now, been good to me so far. This is literally my first real bodybuilding program though so I don't have a lot of perspective to compare.

Leg day waspretty nice, squats and leg presses are always fun. Exercising during a cymbalta withdrawal, not so fun. RIP forgetting to take in prescriptions.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the only good protein is rabbit meat that has less calories than you expended chasing the fucker down and slitting his throat over a cup of supplements to make them taste like something other than cancer

anything else and ur a huge loving fatty imo

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
also, stop masturbating

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Slightly related, what's with guys who get halfway into a rep an then just wiggle back and forth/MICROREPS

i mean i guess uts better than not going to the gym at all, just weird to see a guy bench press about an inch up and down

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

I got rear ended on my bike yesterday so I'm not going to be pressing anything any time soon. Farewell, muscles.

was the driver morbidly obese

because if so im p sure fitness karma allows you to murder him/her with a dumbell, its in the swolestitution

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Only if you mean "lets bang that Marco Polo guy in the pool together" in which case I'm up for that event

like making a chicken sandwich out of two hamsteaks

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I never really got the point of clips outside huge "the weights are gonna fall off the bar with even the slightest lean" lifts anyways.

If you're having trouble with weights falling off, doesn't that mean the problem is with your form loving up, not the safety features of the exercise working as intended

how much is that bench anyways, half the appeal of kickstarter (for me) is the early bird "barely higher than the manufacturer's price" discounts, but with exercise poo poo its hard to beat craigslist

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
its happening, im getting addicted to DOMS, that oh-so-good soreness that your body uses to say "good lifts bro, feel the swole"

gonna end up squatting mailboxes to get my fix

actually worth reading: man Myprotein tastes nice. all three flavors (salted caramel, blueberry, chocolate smooth) taste awesome (tho chocolate smoothie is the easy winner) and mix real well. Been putting a scoop in my cereals GOTTA GET PROTEIN EVERYWHERE. a+ would buy again

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 24, 2015

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggMBKFnYJQ

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Heavy deadlift single day and one of my clients was drafted by the Bears.

https://instagram.com/p/8B5OUTpQUg/

Yeah.

Noice.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

bamhand posted:

Haven't done any cardio in two months, went for a 40 mile bike ride today. How many weeks of gains did I lose?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
we already have robolegs that can run faster in a straight line than human legs, im hoping by the time I hit 50 i'l be able to replace my broken meat parts with floppy rubber hyperdildos that do everything better than fleshy skeleton sticks

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
page a go but lol if u go to the gym regularly and still cant find gently caress pals, also if ur 40 you've had 20 years to set up a circle of sexy ppls for dick wetting/tunnel stuffing

grindr and tinder exist in this brave internet age, u have no eggscuse

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i just dip my dick in a cup of coffee and use contractions to drink it up like a straw

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
smh if ur not taking so many supplements your slurry shake glows neon green

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i've got balls of radium

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

What in the absolute gently caress is this thread about?

Chill gym discussion, cool sperg-free responses to dudes asking questions, advice on how to best quaff muscle potions, all within a nice easy to approach place

its to gymming what the DnD chat thread is to DnD

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
ultimately feeling bad that other people are better than you at something is silly unless you're prepared to snort new and exciting drugs and dedicating half your life to lifting weights

if you're slim and have nice muscles you're already in the top 10% of straight guys, enjoy it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
burritos are the workhorse of the swoletariat

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
2x4's are cheap and plentiful, you're just going to gently caress up your wallet's core with special thicknesses

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Cavefish is easy and fun to do, go 4 holetrout

well, fun besides the rear lat raises and cable pushdowns, prolly just me tho

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Myprotein is pretty solid and has sales constantly. I got choc smoothie, salted caramel, and blueberry, all tasted p good (though choc is easily the best)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Do preacher curls count?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
When gains are outlawed, only outlaws will make gains...

(srsly though what is with the squawking over protein supplements recently, ffs its a soy/egg/milk extract not cocaine)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

Quote for loving truth. The only times I've ever take a girl lifting I've immediately regretted it. The only exercise they were willing to do was squats. With a maximum of 30kg (bar plus two 5kg weights). Don't want to get bulky! :byodood:

my mom was the same way when i tried to get her to live healthier and exercise, didnt want to do anything that might build... muscle!!!

she's 300+ pounds and recently destroyed her knees by falling on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
commercials and shows using women who quite obviously have done real lifting to run on treadmills and do light yoga as "feminine exercise" have prolly done more damage to womens health than anything else

• Locked thread