Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
ya know how tviv and stuff like that is for autists?

well ylls is for working out autists

long live gbs swolen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
just checking in on this thread you guys made and are posting in the forum you frequent to make sure this is a thread that you guys want to post in

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Ralp posted:

It's that way for lots of the forums. Like, there's been a Game of Thrones discussion thread in GBS and TV/IV and Book Barn and GiP and FYAD and probably YOSPOS and BYOB and PYF.

Actually let me reframe it in terms of a forum instead: I'm going to pick on YOSPOS for example because the mods there have done a good job in improving this. When the funny computer forum has megathreads for Game of Thrones, working out, favorite music, Diablo 3, bitcoin, politics, general chat, and loving cat picture spam, well then it's not a focused subforum anymore, it's a general forum that happens to have a few more computer threads than other general forums. Why do we even have subforums if that's what they're going to be?

This isn't necessarily bad (from a user's perspective it's fine), but it makes things a lot harder to organize, administrate, and moderate. Each subforum acts like an offsite that happens to be hosted onsite, and I don't want to administrate a dozen slightly different general forums, I want to administrate one forum: Something Awful. When you pay $10 for an account, it shouldn't be admission to one subforum of your choice where you camp out forever and never leave (unless you really are only interested in posting about that specific topic, that's fine too). Instead, your account grants you access to all of the SA Forums. Use them!

And of course there's some overlap; I'm not demanding that every topic be strictly categorized and indexed. Rather, I'm asking, on a case by case basis (and this thread happens to be such a case): "Does it make sense for this topic to be duplicated in another forum, in this case GBS? Or does it belong in the dedicated subforum, in this case YLLS?" There's no hard and fast criterion for making that decision, but that's what I'm asking about. Hope that helps explain where I'm coming from.

the problem is there are too many subforums

they do contain some good technical information, but aside from that there are too many for the number of users imo

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Spanish Manlove posted:

you're not going to sway these retards, so gas.

you're the worst, negative about everything in every thread for the most part

hates everything but sticks around

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Lunixnerd posted:

What is your pre-squat ritual gbs? I like to draw a pentagram in chalk around the rack and then say HAIL SATAN with every rep. Apparently the left hand path is one of sick gainz and low bodyfat.

preperation H

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i want a new lifting plan, someone link me to a good one for people that are intermediate level

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Borden posted:

Are protein supplements worth taking?

i ran out of protein supp so i just started popping hard boiled eggs like chips

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
why track what you eat, just don't drink lots of things other than water, no fast food and stop eating pasta every night

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Dum Cumpster posted:

The only squat that matters, right Jebany??

Oh.... :gbsmith:

best moderation on the internet on the greatest forums ever made

lol at anyone that reregs at this point

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i wear the same swim shorts to the gym every time and always have my ipod nano clipped to my shirt collar

earbud cord hangs down my shirt and is looped back up to ears.

proest setup because the nano has no screen just song skip so I fill it with a playlist and then can't gently caress with it beyond hitting the skip or volume

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Zzulu posted:

"Root beer is a dark brown sweet beverage traditionally made using the root or bark of the Sassafras albidum or Smilax ornata (sarsaparilla) tree as the primary flavor. Root beer may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic, and may be carbonated or non-carbonated. Most root beer has a thick foamy head when poured. Modern, commercially produced root beer is generally sweet, foamy, carbonated, and non-alcoholic, and is flavoured using artificial sassafras. It may or may not contain caffeine."

I dont think I've ever tried this ever

please make yourself a root beer float

it's just vanilla ice cream and root beer

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
some of the greatest athletes hold up a can of redbull when they win but i dont' think they are drinking it to increase their game

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
air

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPCzjHPS--U

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
are you people still avoiding fat but consuming mass amounts of sugar

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i have a heavy built powerful man frame and weighed 190-195 when i was in the best shape of my life, but to be really shredded i would need to dip down to 175-180 range.

currently 200 and i'm not sure it's worth it

not sure how a man can weigh 160 and be huge, my brother weighs 160 and he is skinny as gently caress with no muscle

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
yeah i'd say i have his frame but he is better looking and has less fat + more muscle

e. also i have no asian tattoo

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
stopping squats for a while, stupid thoracic extension blows, have to lean forward to much and it's putting all the weight on my toes which is loving up my knees

need more flexibility and less slouching

good news is my pullups are at 17/8/6 which is much improved. forearms are the limiting factor there as i can then move to lat pulldown with zero issue

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
just realized i'm probably burning my forearms too fast for pullups because i've been using a close grip as opposed to the wide grip i use for lat pulldown

gently caress i'm smart as heck

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Zahgaegun posted:

I too hate money

a dozen eggs is like $2.50

that's a pretty cheap mean sir

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Lunixnerd posted:

Lightweight brah, you have to do it like this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_swvt0CLsc

he dead

irl

rip dead asian hulk man

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121785751&page=1

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Aralan posted:

I hope ridiculous scare stories about protein powder drive the price down

a giant tub at walmart is like $20 so i'm not sure how much lower it can go

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
tried some jump rope instead of running to warm up, jumping rope is exhausting

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
drank last night, horrible headache today

went to the gym feeling terrible. much better now after lunch of pork chop, salad and baked yam

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
after watching a video where arnold was talking about supersets where he would do a pull and then a push set i tried this. for example i'd do pull ups and then do dumbell presses, or lat pull downs and military presses

after today i realized that i do not recover as fast as da arnold

also was doing reps of 295lb deadlift then went to 315 and couldn't get it past a few inches off the ground without straining my weak gay back

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Lunixnerd posted:

Rise from your grave swolethread.

I have wicked lower back pain in the morning, what exercises can I do to alleviate it.

look up yoga videos on youtube that specifically target the back

also do you have any kind of muscular imbalance? is your back much weaker or stronger than your abs? is your posture hosed from your goon throne?

maybe try to focus on strengthening the part of you that is weak

e. stretch your hip flexors

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
that would be annoying if they changed the weight, or did not at least change it back

the rule should be if you can't finish and return it to my former weight by the time i'm rested up for my next set THEN BEAT IT

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

FizFashizzle posted:

300# clean triple oh my god im so happy

https://instagram.com/p/63qbN2JQeD/

good job, i'd probably find a way to dislocate my shoulder trying that

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Pesmerga posted:

Being on a cut sucks. Really really sucks.

Discuss.

Also, what's a better idea - aiming to be able to do 20 pull-ups, or when you're able to do ten, use a dipping belt and start adding weight?

imo you should be able to do around 20+ before adding weight

being able to lift your own weight many times like that seems pretty useful vs lifting slightly more than your body weight a few times, but like that other guy said, what are your goals and do you plan on climbing around on stuff good

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Three sets max nothing amazing

usually 18/12/8 or so

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
hhrrrrrrgghhhhh whoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

lodewijk posted:

:aaaaa:

My OHP is stuck on 110 lbs atm. I'm doing stronglifts. I can maintain the progress for the other lifts but the OHP is the only thing I really have trouble with. Other numbers: bench (135), squat (175), deadlift (220), row (95); weight (185).

I'm having the same issue of underpreforming in OHP. I think it is because I didn't have a dedicated shoulder day, so I now dedicate a day to do this workout:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/building-boulder-shoulders-lawrence-ballenger-shoulder-workout.html

• Locked thread