Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ylls is a poo poo forum for straight babies I hope this thread is allowed to stay because its been one of my favs for like 8 months now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poetic Justice posted:

i need about 70g more of carbs today is it okay hit that target with some nice refreshing IPAs? tia

that is like 1/4 of a pint but yes

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ricardio posted:

P.s. no ylls please they're weird about stuff

Not surprisingly someone in anon confessions thread admitted to being a lardass that pretends to be fit in ylls and posts regularly giving advice.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunixnerd posted:

What is your pre-squat ritual gbs? I like to draw a pentagram in chalk around the rack and then say HAIL SATAN with every rep. Apparently the left hand path is one of sick gainz and low bodyfat.

I try to summon odin by flexing my scrote

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JebanyPedal posted:

*YLLS approaches*

Read STARTING STRENGTH I have been doing it for TWO YEARS and can now squat 225!!!!! These AMAZING GAINS are my foundation I know I don't look very good BUT YOU NEED TO DO AT LEAST THREE YEARS OF STEENGTH TRAINING TO START BBING ALSO STRENGTH TRAINIBV APPARENTLY ADDS NO MASS.
Eat lots of chicken breast and whey BUT DONT ACTUALLY WORK OUT TOO HARD ITS 90% diet only people WHO TAKE ROIDS LOOK LIKE MENS HEALTH COVERS.
BELTS ARE BAD and CHEATING.
Dont CUT unless you've been bulking for at LEAST TWO YEARS!!
Your 500lb deadlift is better than mine BUT IT DOESNT MATTER ANYWAY BECAUSE THIS 6'8" ROIDED STRONGMAN WHO PROFESSIONALLY LIFTS EVERY DAY AND HAS A COACH TO FEED HIM LIFTS 500LB MORE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE WEAK!! Just like me!! Now I don't have to feel that my useless routine has gotten me nowhere!!

PAVEL PATEL IS GAY!?!!?!? WTF!!!!!

same

*gives red text tile to anyone who disagrees*

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also I was being over 30 today and hosed up my shoulder. poz my neg hole mmm

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dumping poo poo out my rear end rite now feels good bros

Pooping owns

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stupid site for idiots. Lol if you cant plan your meals without this.

It gives the weirdest loving meal suggestions and makes tons of wrong assumptions about macro and caloric content.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aralan posted:

The internet, repository of all of modern man's knowledge is, on aggregate, completely terrible and dumb about most things

Basically the only topic the internet is good at providing actual useful research (without paying shitloads for access to research or things like westlaw/lexus nexus) on is programming and tech stuff.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guy is doing quick squats halfway down [to parallel] with 135lb and a pussy pad. Wtf?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MaxxBot posted:

Once your traps are big enough you barely even feel the bar, it also helps to play with position for a while too.

My traps are not big at all and I don't dont feel the bar at all, the pad makes literally no sense to me, it just makes the lift more dangerous by putting the bar in a hosed up position.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am at 155 work sets and am certain could 1rm that. Confirmed brits are terrible bird faggots

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JebanyPedal posted:

If you could 1rm 240 I think your working sets are too light lol

And yet I still managed to strain my shoulder.

Also I meant 1rm 225. 240 would probably crush me.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya I think I rolled shoulders or something dumb during warmup, pretty sure it will heal by Monday.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saurus posted:

thanks guys, aside from squats what are the crucial exercises for ladies to hit for a bangin bod?

burp flexes, curls, fist pumps

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

roymorrison posted:

Ive been using those bluebuds for a year and theyve been great.

Get some comply foam earbuds

Same. I had foam earbuds but they tore, the stock ones are fine and seem to stay clean longer.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Duderino posted:

Eh you're probably correct but there is one buff guy I see most nights and he's always wearing the same tank with 'bodybuilding.com' on it. Guess they could have had a sale and he just stocked up?

You get those for free when you put in a big order and use a coupon code or whatever.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

limeincoke posted:

i drink 0 cal energy drinks and soda every drat day. It tastes fine and is fine for you.

Except that it fucks up your teeth, mouth, and stomach and may increase cancer risk.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunixnerd posted:

Now do whatever this guy did: http://i.imgur.com/k4A5D.jpg (NSFW-ish)

This is how I look after 8 months of ss doing squats 3x a week too but at least I didn't do roids like this guy. Nothing wrong with roids, just not on ss. Also I'm not hairy or ugly or short.

Switching programs next week but can't decide if I want to start bulking yet, I'm at about 196lb (6'5). Maybe drop another 10lb first? I don't know. I want to grow my arms though.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone have some good links to a recipe I can follow to make a good pwo from powdercity poo poo, sick of paying out the rear end for pwo

also lol I ordered an 11lb bag of protein from amazon and they goofed and sent me 2 for price of one, owned

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

take a caffeine pill

ya I'm thinking basically caffeine and L-Theanine

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna do steroids but I have no idea what ones to do or where to buy them. There's an HGH clinic near my work but I think it's overpriced because lol bay area everything is overpriced

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Decebal posted:

Top men in the United States Government have deemed steroids unsafe for human use. These people have your best interest at heart, and would never lie. Please listen to what they have to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Same cept balls and dog, nice.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whiskey Sours posted:

You've been putting peanut butter on your dog's balls and eating it? I think you're doing that wrong.

it's part of my fursona

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ramsus posted:

after watching a video where arnold was talking about supersets where he would do a pull and then a push set i tried this. for example i'd do pull ups and then do dumbell presses, or lat pull downs and military presses

after today i realized that i do not recover as fast as da arnold

also was doing reps of 295lb deadlift then went to 315 and couldn't get it past a few inches off the ground without straining my weak gay back

arnold did a fuckton of roids, do a fuckton of roids.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna buy rack and poo poo for my garage, any brands that are good buys off Craigslist or should I just buy anything that doesn't look like poo poo?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notZaar posted:

Build your own rack using square cut logs and 2x8s.

Not a bad idea but it would probably cost as much as some cl junk.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo/5177771411.html

seems like a good deal?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Starting Strength never prepared me for gain vampires

Srsly tho, really wanted to get some barbell situps in, and the dude before that spent like an hour texting on his phone. I need to find a gym that isnt half full of unused bicycles and treadmills (rly dont understand why they have them, planetfitness is close by so they're never going to get all of them filled at once, just leads to half the gym being cramped with awkward sweaty guys/girls)

The only solution is to build your own gym at home, whatever it takes. Eventually if you only work out in public gyms it will be like death by a thousand cuts. Eventually the resentment of other people will outweigh your desire for gains.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ashgromnies posted:

I was looking on Craigslist for a workout partner and actually found a group of people that seem pretty fit, kind and legit. They're doing "cross fit" which sounds pretty appealing -- almost no specialized equipment needed and some of these dudes have gotten loving RIPPED from it.

Pretty excited to start. Anyone have any experience with cross fit or tips?

bring various sized condoms unless you are looking to get poz loads

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bad form, wearing pants

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How bad is seated ohp? My garage has low ceilings.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groke posted:

Perfectly normal I'm afraid, OHP is known to be a bastard. Common remedies include increased or decreased frequency, volume, and/or intensity, microloading, resetting, just keeping at it, and complaining on the internet.

also, steroids. :getin:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

builded this today

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notZaar posted:

If you guys don't cool it with the ironic homosexuality we're going to get actual sincere fags in this thread, and nobody wants that.

:goonsay:

this is not irony millenial we are gay af

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FogHelmut posted:

Your teeth should be numb and you should taste blood in the back of your throat. Puking is optional.

Better eat the barf or else you may accidentally start cutting.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bulking fuckin owns after 9 months of cutting

I actually can sleep easily and I am not moody and im getting gains

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

monny posted:

Give it a few weeks and you'll start feeling fat and depressed about your bloated husk, don't worry.

I doubt it at the rate I'm bulking, but if my pants start getting tight I'm going back to cutting :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dum Cumpster posted:

Add more volume. Moving less weight isn't going to make you stronger.

+1 this

Been seeing lot more progress since adding volume to all my poo poo

• Locked thread