Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Minorkos posted:

It's a funny feeling to be doing HIIT and actually enjoying it. 2 years of wrecking my lungs, heart and legs with sprints and now it actually feels good to run really fast

probably not doing it hard enough anymore

Your teeth should be numb and you should taste blood in the back of your throat. Puking is optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

just moved and havent joined a gym yet due to this not being a permanent residence, but I signed up for some boot camp class

how quickly will i go twink?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

got out of the shower and was aggressively drying my hair with the towel, pinched a nerve in my neck

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

El Duderino posted:

That is the most un-swole thing I've ever read. Just tell people you pinched it wrestling twinks in the steam room imo.

these are just normal things you have to deal with when you're over 30

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

El Duderino posted:

I turn 31 in November :(

better get on trt before its too late, i'll be 32 in december and am pretty much screwed

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Heavy deadlift single day and one of my clients was drafted by the Bears.

https://instagram.com/p/8B5OUTpQUg/

Yeah.

wrong shoes :spergin:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Oh hey, new swolethread.

I'm turning 30 on Tuesday. What part of myself should I expect to self destruct first?

It won't happen while you're lifting because now you're responsible and you've been doing it long enough. You'll warm up and use good form and do accessory work. Your movements will be purposeful and deliberate. You'll use the right amount of weight to complete your set.

You'll ignore everyone else at the gym, except for the really hot 22 year old girls who lift that you're too old to get now, and you wonder why girls didn't lift when you were 22. But the truth is they did and you were too pussy to take steroids back then.

You'll make gains better than you did in your 20's despite your age. You know how to eat and get plenty of rest. Friday night is spent in the gym instead of the bar, because most of your friends have settled down, and you all get together to day drink at 10 am and talk poo poo about the one friend who hasn't and is still partying with the 22 year old girls from the gym.

Then you pick up your nephew's toy and strain your deltoid. The recovery takes 4 months, during which you tweak your knee walking up the stairs and pinch a nerve from sitting in the car too long.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You should be eating whole foods. Whole chickens, whole milk, whole eggs.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

After Reagan tapped Bush as his running mate, a group of us enjoyed breakfast together while visiting in Reagan's hotel suite. The suite had a common room for hosting guests that was sandwiched between two bedrooms on each side. Bush, Reagan, myself, and some others had been chatting with a mayor from a key battleground state.

Wanting to ingratiate himself to the newly nominated presidential candidate, the mayor said, "My, Governor, you sure look great for a man your age in the midst of political battle. How to you manage to stay in such great physical shape?"

Without saying a word, Reagan got up out of his seat and disappeared into his bedroom.

When he returned, in his hand was an exercise wheel. The thing sort of looked like a doughnut with a stick running through its middle. "Here's my secret, Mr. Mayor," said Reagan.

And with that, the former Eureka College football player, still wearing his suit, dropped to his knees and placed one hand on each of the bars protruding from the wheel. In one long, graceful motion, Reagan stretched his body forward, distributing his weight from his knees to his hands, until his chest hovered inches above the floor. With equal fluidity, he then pulled back on the wheel, recoiling his body like a Slinky before returning to his original position.

"Wow," said the mayor. "I guess doing that every day would keep a man pretty fit."

After we had finished visiting, everyone left the hotel room, or so I thought. Savoring the rare moment of tranquility, I sat down on one of the low-slung couches in the now darkened visiting room and sat silently thinking through what the day might bring. That's when I noticed that someone else was in the room. It was Bush. He walked over to Reagan's little exercise wheel. Curiosity, it seems, had gotten the best of this former Yale University baseball player.

Sitting perfectly motionless, I thought to myself: "I've got to see this."

Mimicking Reagan's earlier demonstration, Bush dropped down onto his knees.

Steadying himself, he put one hand on each side of the wheel and began to lean forward. But as the wheel rolled out about two and a half feet, he began to lose his balance. With shaking hands and wobbling shoulders, his elbows gave way, sending him crashing face forward onto the carpet.

I rustled my papers to let him know someone was in the room. Startled, Bush wrenched his neck around. When our eyes met, he realized for the first time he was not alone. He popped up off the ground, and blew by me on his way out the door without saying a word. It was one of the most unforgettable things I'd ever experienced.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mortimer posted:

1. whole milk or 2%

2. i haven't had coffee/monster ultra zero™® before my last two workouts and consequently theyve been two of the hardest. am I placeboing hard or does it make a difference (or both)

3. am I nuts for considering buying dumb poo poo like canadian ephedra

4. here's a cool jack3d review/comment

See my comment from last page:

FogHelmut posted:

You should be eating whole foods. Whole chickens, whole milk, whole eggs.

2% is a waste of space that could be packed with swole building calories. Furthermore, vitamins you get from milk are all fat soluble. More fat = more vitamins.

Step it up and add heavy cream to your protein drinks. Put butter on everything.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

crushed, snorted

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

my piss glows neon green

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My wife goes to Koko Fit Club and brags about being on the top of the list all the time for their fitness challenges. I asked her to do a pushup. Nope. I asked her to do one on the stairs. Nope. She was finally able to do pushups off the wall. This made her sore for a few days. What the gently caress is Koko Fit Club.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

What in the absolute gently caress is this thread about?

dudes who look like this

giving good advice on how to look like this

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lol like theres any protein in anything from subway

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

4x12 pump till you explode

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

2x4's are cheap and plentiful, you're just going to gently caress up your wallet's core with special thicknesses

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't know why there is only one leg day

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

monny posted:

Or running, gently caress running

sprints are cool

also could be plantar fasciitis which can feel like foot doms, I had it one time from a bad pair of shoes

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

krampster2 posted:

Why is there no equivalent of SS for hypertrophy? Just some solid poo poo that everyone knows works and has done so for ages.

steroids

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Forgive me swolethread, for I have thinned. It has been three months since my last lift.

Finished all of this moving bullshit and joined a new gym. It's definitely a scrub gym (Fitness 19), but its cheap and mostly empty. I am in better shape than most of the guys but worse than a few of the girls, so its probably actually a good gym. I prob lost about 30% of my abilities, so I'm chugging whole milk and whole eggs right now.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Always be bulking

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pro level advice from the greatest of all time at 13:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkQEUNHJVdQ

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

looking like brad pitt in fight club is so 2000-late. while its god-tier twink, he isn't more than 150 lbs there.

here are some photos to get you motivated

bonus bear

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 16, 2015

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i fresh squeeze my fish oil each morning in an artisanal fish oil press from locally sourced wild harvested fish

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

notZaar posted:

I still can't do pullups but my dips at almost at +50 now :coal:

hosed up if true

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Psycho Society posted:

I was able to do about 50 pull ups when I was a 130 pound freshman from just doing literal hours of body weight workouts. Coincidentally I was also v. unfamiliar with the idea of squatting a weight. Leg muscles are heavy.

Yeah I used to climb the rope to the top of the gym and do pull ups on the rafters. I weighed 155 lbs and ran a 5:30 mile.

Probably could have squatted something considering how much running I did.

15 years and 50 lbs later... I'm probably stronger I think.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

looking up rope climbing videos on youtube and its all "crossfit rope climb" those bastards have co-opted ropes now goddamn

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

arms too weak to turn the wheel or shift gears
legs too weak to operate the pedals
endorphines got me so high my face is numb and im just floating down the road at 10 under the limit

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i think everyone just buys optimum nutrition, double rich chocolate is a good flavor but there are also other good flavors. reddit did a whole spreadsheet of wheys with a breakdown of cost vs pureness of what they advertise vs what you actually get https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE#gid=0

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

what is a preferred max protein meal from subway?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

not my choice to go to subway, havent been there in 5+ years, but its something I have to do.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got the oven roasted chicken. It was bad, not going back to Subway for another 5 years. Drank some protein when I got home and then ate a buttload of fish for dinner.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

i went there for the first time in at least a year today. their roast beef has to be worse. christ. it was bad.

i like their pickles though. plus it was 5 bux flat. paying in a single bill is cool

It was cheap. I'll give it that.

Just need to set up a feeding tube to drip protein 24 hours.

Also need to know the absorption rate of buttchugging protein.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Checking in to New Bulk City and getting on the Joe Rogan diet

https://instagram.com/p/9AmqKepyKz/

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DoubleT2172 posted:

Did you idiots even read what he said? Those are Joe rogans eggs you Neanderthals

gently caress yeah those are his eggs. I cooked mine over medium. Advanced egg levels only around here.

Panniculus Rift posted:

I thought that was joe rogan plsting it

I am Bro Rogan irl

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It's okay if you use the bar from the bench to do shrugs but don't use straps if its some twink level weight

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My gym only has one squat rack so lifting outside of it is necessary.

And come on, you spend more time adjusting the straps, you'd be better off learning to grip 135 lbs.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There's a hashtag going around for milfs to celebrate their pregnancy stretch marks. Imma post the ones on my biceps. #tigerstripes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

straps are for your sub

• Locked thread