Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pesmerga posted:

Pssst, hey, guys, we're all reckless drug users.

Feel good, everyone, we are today's moral panic (doubles his creatine dose, sweats and punches a mirror).

I'm using protein supplements for weight gain, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't know what is going on with this gym I joined

Last night there was this bro squatting 3 plates which is pretty okay

but then he's wearing a belt, knee wraps, and wrist wraps like he's doing 10 plates or something legit

and screaming like he's Goku on each rep

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Did you get in the rack next to him and humiliate him?

If you do the same lift as someone at the same time but with more weight you get to kill them with your weights after you finish

I was deadlifting and trying not to poo poo my pants, which I think was holding me back. Should have gone for the full poo poo.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Lol if you don't weigh 200lbs

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I control all of the food right into my mouth

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bulk to the Future

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bulkamania running wild, brother

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The bro lifting next to me tonight smelled like pine trees. I appreciate that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If you find yourself asking the question, "Should I take steroids? Will steroids make my life better?" then you already know the answer. It's yes.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'll be 32 in a month or so, so I'm pretty much old as poo poo. Half of my workout is warm ups, which is cool because I get to sweat all over everything. It's not like you just run in there and bust out a max set of max weight and go to TGI Fridays afterwards without showering for the endless apps boneless wings to max protein the rest of your day.

You have to sweat before your warm enough to do things that really make you sweat. And look at these young guys grunting through their bad form, elbows wide on that bench. No thanks, I'm just gonna go focus on my form, get that volume in, sweat some more. Thermogenics.

Then your morning is based around your hip flexors because of that anterior pelvic tilt. Check out my third world squat, I'm gonna let go of the door frame and do it on my own

*falls on rear end*
*misses two weeks due to rear end injury*
*body goes into full atrophy, loses 33% on all maxes and 100% of endurance*

At least at this point you really don't get upset about the guy doing reverse hip thrusts on the preacher curl bench because you know 30 different exercises for each muscle group and you just go do something else that you think is obscure enough but nope someone asks you if they can work in, and its always that weird guy supersetting everything.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 30, 2015

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

dad bod is out
gym teacher bod is in

calisthenics all day
salt tabs and smelling salts

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

- Date a masseuse
- Do some bizarre inverted foam rolling
- Stand with super heavy dumbbells in each hand and let it pull everything back into alignment
- Take drugs
- Examine your posture, or if youre sitting all day for work your chair/desk arrangement could be hosed up

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

if I start buying organic foods, will that deny me crucial residual cow steroids?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I stretch my dick for max swole

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gonna increase calories

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Instead of going to the gym this evening I'm going out for mexican food. Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices.

nah it's legit, just don't half rear end it or it wont be a proper bulk

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j-Rtha3zJU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

you mean 160kg and not lbs right

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i bulked in at 210 this morning was about 195 a little more than a year ago

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sharzak posted:

nice. Is that a relatively normal rate of progress? Are you gonna get mo bigga?

prob not I'm inconsistent as hell, spent the last 10 years bouncing up and down between 190 and 210, usually with a failed spring cut that doesnt actually kick in until the fall

though I am making a concerted effort to get max protein in before my testosterone finally runs out so we shall see

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Mr Universe award is also known as The Hyper Trophy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Honesty I'm more impressed by the hoverboard

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sup bros. Looking huge today. How is your bulk going?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

notZaar posted:

Forget bulking, I want to look good.

You don't look good unless you look big.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tendons status: inflamed

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You talking about bros or man/woman couples? My wife and I carpool to the gym but she can't keep up with the swole so I make faces at her from across the gym.

There's a couple of dudes who come in every day and wear tank tops and just do bench press. I'll spot you, bro, let me stand up near the bench with my balls over your face.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tweaked something in my forearm near my elbow while doing bent over rows. Hurts when I squeeze my grip, applied advil and ice.

Should I inject steroids directly into the tendons?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I lift so I dont have to interact socially.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAmh7hfaBM

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Retarded Pimp posted:

Meth, the new ephedra

its legit easier to get meth than ephedra

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Advil and caffeine for me today, thanks

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Advil actually fucks with muscle growth I think. Go with aspirin like a classic drunk

This kid I ran track with in highschool used to take these combo pills. Maybe it was tylenol/caffeine? Or maybe it was aspirin.

Anyway it was shoulder day so it didn't really effect my dumbass tendon anyhow. Gonna see if I can hurt it tomorrow while pulling on something.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pitcher of beer and a whole chicken is what Arnold ate, according to legend.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Had a light week last week due to inflamed tendons. Just smacked 3 plates on the squat like it wasn't poo poo. Been a while. Feels good man.

This is probably a retarded progression, I was going to do 4 sets of 225x10 with short rest, and move on to other things, more volume.

135x10 - warmup
225x5 - this feels light as hell, gently caress it lets go
295x3 - needed confidence
315x2 - hell yeah
275x5 - gently caress that last one was heavy
225x10 - oh this is still lighter than expected

I don't know, this was unexpected. I'm in there four days a week, squatting or deadlifting two of those days, the other two I'm on the stair climber after lifting. Skipped deadlift last week due to grip injury and suddenly I'm strong after a few extra days rest.

This changes a lot, I don't know what to do now.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 24, 2015

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That's awesome. Sounds like you just needed that off week. How long had it been since you had a light week?

I had two or three months off this summer due to a cross country move. I've only been back at it for five weeks before the last. I didn't expect to get it so quickly. Was planning on going hard through the next three weeks as I will have two weeks to break in December for business and holidays.

The power of bulk.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

notZaar posted:

As long as you can push yourself up off the floor your chest is just fine.

as long as you can push yourself up off the floor with a hot chick on your back your chest is just fine

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

minimal standards

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i think you don't understand the concept of "eternal bulk"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bench is back to 225

get on the gains train

i would say i'm back to where i was but im also heavier now so it doesnt count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

It counts double to me

Yeah man its like that girl may have weighed 250 lbs but its the same as doing two chicks at the same time

• Locked thread