Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Defiant Sally posted:

Pizza's really not that bad for you. I made great gains eating pizza everyday.

Pizza.... everyday....

Yeah I mean I can eat one but then oops there goes %80 of my daily calories I guess I'll have to not eat anything for the rest of the day and try to sleep hungry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You don't eat an entire pizza pie alone in one meal, that is extremely not the way this food was meant to be eaten.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Tell that to my 12 yr old self, eating a large Dominos every Friday after school watching 90s Xmen... I think it broke my mind

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Domino's is awful pizza. Cook ur own pizza?

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
I just ate a whole pizza, it was good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just ate a whole deer

I hunted it with my bare hands

fought several wolves for the right to its flesh

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Any pizza is good pizza when you're 12

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

I just ate a whole deer

Deer meat is pretty lean I heard, good stuff.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UnfurledSails posted:

Any pizza is good pizza when you're 12

no poo poo, I used to eat one or ten of these every day

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Shoulders suck. I've got an 80kg for reps bench press and I can barely manage 5 reps of 40kg on OHP

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Pesmerga posted:

Shoulders suck. I've got an 80kg for reps bench press and I can barely manage 5 reps of 40kg on OHP

You gotta do an Arnold calf thing. Double down on them, make them the focus of your workouts.

(Comedy Arnold option: take 3 months off and get implants)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Pesmerga posted:

That is pretty odd, I can do 100 lb on 5x5 and my bench is nowhere near yours. I did used to do a lot of pushups though, so maybe try some of that.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Pesmerga posted:

That doesn't seem that unreasonable of a difference. OHP is just hard as heck. I benched 245lbx4 last week and could only do 165x3 on OHP.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Pesmerga posted:

How long you been doing OHP? It's tough when you first start out. Give it a few weeks to get the form down and eventually it'll go up - just takes time.

If you've been doing it for a while and it still ain't going up, well, uhhh

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Zzulu posted:

I just ate a whole deer

I just drank a whole beer

I got if from the fridge with my bare hands

pet my cats for the heck of it

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

Pesmerga posted:

Same. My bench 1RM is 300lbs and I'm not sure if I've ever managed 135lbs on OHP. Shoulders are a god drat mystery to me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Renegret posted:

I had some bad squats today.

Didn't even get up to my max weight.

90% is maxing out.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Nate Falls posted:

Same. My bench 1RM is 300lbs and I'm not sure if I've ever managed 135lbs on OHP. Shoulders are a god drat mystery to me.

Um, wow that actually is a huge difference. Do you just have no muscles above the chest?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Might be shoulder inflexibility too. Try out some shoulder dislocates to warm up before an OHP.

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

bamhand posted:

Um, wow that actually is a huge difference. Do you just have no muscles above the chest?

I just have incredible pecs.

My delts are actually p great too, I think a lot of it is a lack a balance due to a nerve thing in my back, combined with terrible crippling back pain afterwards anytime I do a lot of stuff that puts a lot of weight on my spine (some real exotic scoliosis type poo poo).

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Had a light week last week due to inflamed tendons. Just smacked 3 plates on the squat like it wasn't poo poo. Been a while. Feels good man.

This is probably a retarded progression, I was going to do 4 sets of 225x10 with short rest, and move on to other things, more volume.

135x10 - warmup
225x5 - this feels light as hell, gently caress it lets go
295x3 - needed confidence
315x2 - hell yeah
275x5 - gently caress that last one was heavy
225x10 - oh this is still lighter than expected

I don't know, this was unexpected. I'm in there four days a week, squatting or deadlifting two of those days, the other two I'm on the stair climber after lifting. Skipped deadlift last week due to grip injury and suddenly I'm strong after a few extra days rest.

This changes a lot, I don't know what to do now.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 24, 2015

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
That's awesome. Sounds like you just needed that off week. How long had it been since you had a light week?

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lifted a weight yesterday and did 2.5 hours of MMA training in the evening ... Was expecting to have terrible lift today, but was pleasantly surprised. :)
Also, gently caress OHP.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That's awesome. Sounds like you just needed that off week. How long had it been since you had a light week?

I had two or three months off this summer due to a cross country move. I've only been back at it for five weeks before the last. I didn't expect to get it so quickly. Was planning on going hard through the next three weeks as I will have two weeks to break in December for business and holidays.

The power of bulk.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I went to brooks brothers to try on a camo blazer they had in the window. It fit in the chest but the sleeves were too small and there was not enough material to let them out. The salseman apologized, haha.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Your chest is too small.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
As long as you can push yourself up off the floor your chest is just fine.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

notZaar posted:

As long as you can push yourself up off the floor your chest is just fine.

as long as you can push yourself up off the floor with a hot chick on your back your chest is just fine

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

minimal standards

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That guy is fat. Talk about body fail.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i think you don't understand the concept of "eternal bulk"

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I only slam whale does this make the pushup requirement at least expert level?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Aferisan posted:

I only slam whale does this make the pushup requirement at least expert level?

only if you slam literal whales

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bench is back to 225

get on the gains train

i would say i'm back to where i was but im also heavier now so it doesnt count

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

bench is back to 225

get on the gains train

It counts double to me

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

It counts double to me

Yeah man its like that girl may have weighed 250 lbs but its the same as doing two chicks at the same time

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bow down to your chinese god

https://www.instagram.com/p/-fRILxik1s/?taken-by=hookgrip

I missed this Front squat today /wrists

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

FizFashizzle posted:

bow down to your chinese god

https://www.instagram.com/p/-fRILxik1s/?taken-by=hookgrip

I missed this Front squat today /wrists

That clicking doesn't sound good; he needs to get his rotors checked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

bench is back to 225

get on the gains train

I haven't made it back there yet. I'm still not sure if my current plateau is down to diet (I'm much lighter now than I was then), or because I neglected my shoulders for a while because of an injury. I'm hoping it's the injury because I don't feel like bulking up, and, besides, other accessory lifts are heavier now than they were then so it's probably not that

• Locked thread