Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

:d: Introduction
It's that time again to devote your mind, body, and soul to college football. The 2015 SAS College Fantasy Football League begins today. We will be using Fantrax again for the fantasy league.

:d: Rules

quote:

Duplicate Player Allowance: Not Used
Scoring System: Head to Head (Points-Based)
Maximum # of teams: 20
Scoring Period Interval: Weekly
Scoring Period day to start: Tuesday
Player Pool: Division I - Football Bowl Subdivision: Duke, GATec, MiaFL, BC, UNC, Iowa, Pitt, UVA, VaTec, Clem, MD, Ill, Ind, OHSt, FlaSt, MSU, PSU, Purd, Wisc, IASt, Kans, K St, Bayl, Okla, Lou, Mich, OkSt, Tex, TxTch, WVU, Minn, NCSt, Neb, AF, Syr, NW, ColSt, Fres, Hawaii, Nev, NM, SDSU, TCU, SJSU, UNLV, AzSt, Ariz, UtSt, Wake, Rut, Colo, Wyo, Cal, Oreg, OreSt, USC, Stan, Utah, UCLA, Wash, WaSt, Fla, UGA, KY, Mizzu, SCar, Tenn, Vand, Ala, Ark, Aub, LSU, Miss, MisSt, TexAM, Boise, Army, BYU, Navy, ND
Players transferred to another FBS team not in player pool will continue to get stats: Yes

:d: DONT loving FLAKE
Starting this season, if you go MIA during the season and give up on your team, you will be banned from this league. Put up a fight, even you can prevent someone from winning the league.

Banned List from 2014:
  • Declan MacManus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'll play again. Last year I started like 0-5 then ended on a huge winning streak that put me one game out of the playoffs :(

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I'll be writing up a 2014 round-up review and a history of our league and how Taxes refuses to not be good in this league. It's on my list!

And also, I'll be going over the changes for 2015, including some loving helpful waivers.

:tinfoil:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Webbeh posted:

I'll be writing up a 2014 round-up review and a history of our league and how Taxes refuses to not be good in this league. It's on my list!

:tinfoil:

He cheats. He's heard of guys that aren't top 3 in Heisman or on his favorite team.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in. Tennesse might be better this year and if so you guys are hosed.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'll play.

Can we have the waiver wire talk?

I know people were unhappy last year with the full free-agency as the active people (like myself) can clean up on the surprise performers at the end of the day Saturday or Sunday. The big movers snatched up all the best players.

I would be unhappy with a 7 day waiver wire, though. That is just a bummer. Instead, as a compromise and if it's possible in the system, how about all player waiver-wire that clears at the end of the day?

We going to keep the AAC and Mountain West teams?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

I'll play.

Can we have the waiver wire talk?

I know people were unhappy last year with the full free-agency as the active people (like myself) can clean up on the surprise performers at the end of the day Saturday or Sunday. The big movers snatched up all the best players.

I would be unhappy with a 7 day waiver wire, though. That is just a bummer. Instead, as a compromise and if it's possible in the system, how about all player waiver-wire that clears at the end of the day?

We going to keep the AAC and Mountain West teams?

What's wrong with a 7 day waiver wire? One that operates every Wednesday morning?

And I agree, I hated the waiver process last year. It led to a lot of teams being left in the dust because they couldn't set up pickups.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 28, 2015

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
I'm in.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

What's wrong with a 7 day waiver wire? One that operates every Wednesday morning?

And I agree, I hated the waiver process last year. It led to a lot of teams being left in the dust because they couldn't set up pickups.

Basically if you miss on your pickup late season because someone else grabbed, you're screwed. Unless it turns free-agent from Wed-Saturday.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Basically if you miss on your pickup late season because someone else grabbed, you're screwed. Unless it turns free-agent from Wed-Saturday.

We can do that:

quote:

If you want Fantrax to automatically change your FA claim system between the current processed method (Bidding or Automated Priority Order) and Free-for-all (1st come 1st serve) on a weekly basis, you can specify here the day that you want the system to do the switch to Free-for-all. The switch will happen right after the time the claims are processed, unless you specify a period where claims cannot be executed at all (see Duration claims locked after changeover option below), so this day must match one of the day(s) on which you set the claims to be processed above.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

We can do that:

That would be less bad, then.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm in.

So close to the trophy last year I could loving smell it.

Comin' for ya....

:unsmigghh:

Also, I need a new team name. :rip: Will Muschamp :rip:, you knuckle-dragging cumdumpster.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

That would be less bad, then.

We'll go with that, then. It allows for some fair competition as well as a "oh gently caress" pickup time.

LeeMajors posted:

I'm in.

So close to the trophy last year I could loving smell it.

Comin' for ya....

:unsmigghh:

BRING IT BIATCH :whatup:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I'm in for this season

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Spintzel posted:

I'm in for this season

For newbies, I'll need an email address and I'll add you to the queue once we've cleaned up our roster.

Unless you've changed your forums account name...

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I'm back for another stellar regular season followed by another early playoff exit.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Webbeh posted:

For newbies, I'll need an email address and I'll add you to the queue once we've cleaned up our roster.

Unless you've changed your forums account name...

PM sent to ya

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I made it to the final four last year (I think?), and I'd like to see if I can do better this year.

Hopefully I can come up with a better team name though :ohdear:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Don't take #VolsDeep because that's my team name

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This is totally my year you guys. In.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Can we play hearthstone to determine seeding

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I want in

metapod1997@gmail.com

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Goddamn this is such a delicious idea

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Will Styles posted:

I made it to the final four last year (I think?), and I'd like to see if I can do better this year.

You did! Although, none of you were a match for Hokin' Around.

kayakyakr posted:

We don't have 2 bad teams in the championship, just one. No offense Webbeh. Way to have one player get hot.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 28, 2015

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
I want to be in.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Mr. World posted:

I want to be in.

Send me an email or PM (webbeh@gmail.com) and I'll add you to the queue.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I'll play again.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I very much like this idea.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
As long as you all swear an oath not to run patron I don't see a problem.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 28, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

As long as you all swear an oath not to run patron I don't see a problem.

Just give me fair warning and I'll play my basic anti-patron deck. Cause screw patron.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I have no clue who that is so I call dibs.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

jabro posted:

Neither do I, but I've heard of it. It sounds like an absolutely hilarious way of determining seed order.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

jabro posted:

It's a card game created by blizzard

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Metapod posted:

It's a card game created by blizzard

I know what Hearthstone is. Is patron a guy you use to determine your deck?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Grim Patron is a neutral 5 cost 3/3 that spawns another Grim Patron when it survives damage. The best deck right now is a warrior deck that sets up a combo to give them charge and uses a frothing berserker that gains attack when any minion is damaged to kill in one turn dealing like 60 damage.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

jabro posted:

I know what Hearthstone is. Is patron a guy you use to determine your deck?

It's a warrior deck that can build an overwhelming force of 3/x Grim Patrons with charge. The Grim Patron itself is a 3/3 that, when it takes damage it calls another grim patron. To beat it easily you either need to have full board clear or just all creatures with 3 attack or more.

It's not an instant win. I've beaten purchased grim patron decks with basic hunter and rogue decks. But I've also seen a grim patron deck rip through a priest deck I was having good success with by demolishing the 1/3 and 2/7 creatures that the priest deck depended on.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I did not understand any of the previous 2 posts so lets just stick to using a random NASCAR race to determine who gets to pick Trevone Boykin first overall.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Piper posted:

I did not understand any of the previous 2 posts so lets just stick to using a random NASCAR race to determine who gets to pick Trevone Boykin first overall.

Dibs on kyle busch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

No because I always get some poo poo driver who's never won a race.

• Locked thread